R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

I hear you, but it would have been easier to defend Kobe if he were in the forefront, or at least in the initial mix when the topic of white supremacy arises. He did a very good job of distancing himself from such topics during his career, making the appeal to the supposed color blind people in his fanbase. All you have to do is to read the replies on this thread, and then see who posted what. The only reason they like Kobe, is because he never said anything publicly about being Black. They tout hard work, yet not seeing the irony of a Black athlete needing to transcend his craft into the white arena, yet the same rules do not apply to their white counterparts. Nobody ever asks Tom Brady to make a special appeal to the Black fans of the NFL, so that he can seem successful globally.

It's amusing to watch people like you stop at nothing to contort literally any instance/matter, including loss of life, to feed the narrative you hope to perpetuate. Literally no better than the white women on TV trying to drive the rapist narrative, despite there being no conviction. Simply relying on broad sweeping statements fueled by conjecture rather than fact.

Clown on, b.

Last edited:
It's a shame people want to focus on the rape allegations for attention. There's evidence for both sides of the coin so honestly nobody will ever know between them and God. I think she wanted the payday. But hey, I can only go by the evidence I've been provided. To go nuts on the topic either way is pretending you know something about it we all don't. Everybody got an opinion I'm sure tho.

Want a hard copy.
B&N says it will be shipping on 2/5

Pretty wild, I was at B&N on Saturday and noticed a handful of them in the clearance section

While all this outpouring of love is great
Gotta be hard on the fam
They can’t even properly grieve cause everytime the turn on the tv
Radio
Social media
They are reminded of him
Sometimes u just wanna kinda get ur mind off it for a second
But I imagine they aren’t able to
Just wish folks would let them grieve
Instead of tagging them and all this other stuff

I've only checked for what happened online. Been on pretty much media lockdown. Everywhere I go though it's on the tv. It's how they eat but I dont have to like it. That's not entertainment thats a ****show. You want to honor him? Show games or highlights.

Man this man, Gigi, &78 others died

Ain't no one trying to see/read anything that can be viewed as negative smh

The media used to make Kobe look like a weirdo loner who wasn't liked by his peers and it was perpetuated across online forums for many years. All the stories coming out from Kobe taking AI to dinner when he was a rookie, to T-Mac staying with him and his parents, to going on a beer run with an unknown Jimmy Fallon.... shows that he was more common than we once thought. He was passionate about his craft but beyond that he enjoyed the simple life and that was the way he and the other passengers spent their final moments.

TMZ got a hold of photo's of the crash site close up from a mountain biker that was in the area and took the pics like 2-3 minutes after the crash and it was just a big ball of flame so that's why they said immediately there was no chance of survival for anyone.

When/if you see the pics you'll understand.

This video really bummed me out. "You hear the news?"... Kellerman saying his first thought was that Kobe bought the Lakers...

"The idea that the sun comes up today and he's not in the world seems unreal" that's 100% how i felt yesterday :smh: nothing I've ever thought about before but the fact that Kobe will never take a step on the ground again is baffling.

TMZ got a hold of photo's of the crash site close up from a mountain biker that was in the area and took the pics like 2-3 minutes after the crash and it was just a big ball of flame so that's why they said immediately there was no chance of survival for anyone.

When/if you see the pics you'll understand.
why do folks feel the need to see
post are search for this stuff
i swear so much bad energy attaches to u IMO
when witnessing or seeing bad things happen
all seeing this stuff does
is continue making urself feel down

It's amusing to watch people like you stop at nothing to contort literally any instance/matter, including loss of life, to feed the narrative you hope to perpetuate. Literally no better than the white women on TV trying to drive the rapist narrative, despite there being no conviction. Simply relying on broad sweeping statements fueled by conjecture rather than fact.

Clown on, b.
What I could do is to post fact, after fact, after fact, but that wasn't done. The real clown is the one who is attempting to deflect away from the obvious, the one that never asks Tom Brady to be less white in order for him to appeal to the Black masses.

Kobe is on a long list of BLACK ATHLETES, those of whom who had to downplay their Blackness, in order to appeal to a white audience. This isn't a lie, nor is it made up. It has been the reality of every Black champion since Jack Johnson upset the world, by doing as he wanted to do. They made Joe Louis promise that he would not behave that way, in order to get a shot at the title. OJ took the model and ran with it all the way through Brentwood, and Jordan did the dance as well. Kobe emulated that success, but since we are living in different times, that model is becoming played out. Kobe was a VICTIM of this system, as he played the cards dealt to him.

What I could do is to post fact, after fact, after fact, but that wasn't done. The real clown is the one who is attempting to deflect away from the obvious, the one that never asks Tom Brady to be less white in order for him to appeal to the Black masses.

Kobe is on a long list of BLACK ATHLETES, those of whom who had to downplay their Blackness, in order to appeal to a white audience. This isn't a lie, nor is it made up. It has been the reality of every Black champion since Jack Johnson upset the world, by doing as he wanted to do. They made Joe Louis promise that he would not behave that way, in order to get a shot at the title. OJ took the model and ran with it all the way through Brentwood, and Jordan did the dance as well. Kobe emulated that success, but since we are living in different times, that model is becoming played out. Kobe was a VICTIM of this system, as he played the cards dealt to him.

How relevant is any of this BS right now? You really trying to have a debate about his blackness NOW?

man some of ya special....not in a good way.

How relevant is any of this BS right now? You really trying to have a debate about his blackness NOW?

man some of ya special....not in a good way.
You do realize that Kobe was Black, correct?

None of you would give a damn about him, if he were simply a brother on the corner.

Man I get your stance but now isn't the time to debate this. This topic is even thread worthy and I would chime in, but this thread is for remembering/honoring a figure that was loved by many. It's not for criticizing him for what he did or didn't do. It's like going in a funeral and bringing up negative **** just to stir people up.

Back
Top Bottom