R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

Man I get your stance but now isn't the time to debate this. This topic is even thread worthy and I would chime in, but this thread is for remembering/honoring a figure that was loved by many. It's not for criticizing him for what he did or didn't do. It's like going in a funeral and bringing up negative **** just to stir people up.
I am honoring him through the acknowledgment of his true self. I know the struggle that a brother like Kobe went through, finally becoming happy AFTER he retired. I get it. The sadness I feel for him is that just like many other Black people in this world, once he stops entertaining? It's over. His baby went with him, and that bothers the heck out of me. Trust, if Kobe had ever spoke like Ali instead of Jordan? This thread would be short.

thats not fair
and an assumption
i care deeply bout my fellow black men and women
whether know em personally or not
Oh, I am not talking about the Black people here. Our identity is too vast, experiences differ. It is those who decided to state that King plagiarized his speech, in a thread celebrating him, that is who I am talking to.

You do realize that Kobe was Black, correct?

None of you would give a damn about him, if he were simply a brother on the corner.

Time and place for certain discussion, this thread right now simply isn’t it, this is a positive space that has helped a lot of NTers grieve his death in their own way, you dont need to bring your clown race bait arguments into it.
And to answer your question yes people would care if a young black man that wasn’t famous randomly and unfairly lost his life along with his daughter in such a manner.

You a clown for making such an assumption.

What I could do is to post fact, after fact, after fact, but that wasn't done. The real clown is the one who is attempting to deflect away from the obvious, the one that never asks Tom Brady to be less white in order for him to appeal to the Black masses.

now is not da time for any of that BS b.

Kobe and his daughter died in a horrible accident..keep that political BS outta here.

So I've been outta this scene for a few years, used to be on here A LOT just like y'all are now. I came back because of this unbelievable tragedy just to be around others like me to grieve and that still are at a loss. This is some **** I still can't grasp. Obviously Sunday was just shock and disbelief, yesterday was straight sadness...... LOTS of tears. I'm a grown *** man crying over another man I never knew. I almost feel embarrassed or ashamed but I know that's stupid and it's okay to be this way because I know I'm not alone.

Time and place for certain discussion, this thread right now simply isn’t it, this is a positive space that has helped a lot of NTers grieve his death in their own way, you dont need to bring your clown race bait arguments into it.
And to answer your question yes people would care if a young black man that wasn’t famous randomly and unfairly lost his life along with his daughter in such a manner.

You a clown for making such an assumption.
Clown race base arguments.
I've read about your history of calling a certain segment of our people "hood boogers", so I will consider the source.

What I could do is to post fact, after fact, after fact, but that wasn't done. The real clown is the one who is attempting to deflect away from the obvious, the one that never asks Tom Brady to be less white in order for him to appeal to the Black masses.

Kobe is on a long list of BLACK ATHLETES, those of whom who had to downplay their Blackness, in order to appeal to a white audience. This isn't a lie, nor is it made up. It has been the reality of every Black champion since Jack Johnson upset the world, by doing as he wanted to do. They made Joe Louis promise that he would not behave that way, in order to get a shot at the title. OJ took the model and ran with it all the way through Brentwood, and Jordan did the dance as well. Kobe emulated that success, but since we are living in different times, that model is becoming played out. Kobe was a VICTIM of this system, as he played the cards dealt to him.

Nah. The clown is the person who is trying to use the loss of life to feed their narrative. Kobe Bryant died. Gianna Bryant died. John Altobelli died. Alyssa Altobelli died. Keri Altobelli died. Sarah Chester died. Peyton Chester died. Christina Mauser died. You’re alive, on a message board, speaking on a matter that has nothing to do with the subject at hand; that being remembering and honoring the deceased.

As I said, you’re just as tone-deaf as the white women who are using the man’s passing as an opportunity to fuel their own pro-woman agendas. Which probably means you’ll be too stubborn to see reason, so I bid you adieu Black man. God bless.

Back
Top Bottom