"Racism is as American as baseball"

Missouri Man Shoots Girlfriend by Mistake — Then Blames Imaginary Black Man
a0QVxjsQ

I know people in Dorchester, Mattapan, Randolph etc that haven't even visited the commons in their lifetime and they are life long residents.

Randolph? part of Boston?? you just lost all credibility with what you said

If I could give this a thumbs down, I would...

People who say bull @#$@ like "Keep politics out of sports" are usually the ones that directly oppose any social progression or the apathetic clowns that could make a difference but choose not to. Hate these types of people; it's NEVER the right time to say anything, according to them.

They tell you not to protest in the streets, but when you listen to them and protest in the media or at sports games, they have issues with that too :lol:

I also think the Boston hate is unfair. Yes, they have plenty of ignorant racist white people, but it's a problem in this country as a whole. I've stayed in many cities throughout the Midwest and South that were 100x more segregated and racist than Boston. Even here in "liberal paradises" like SF and LA, we've had major issues with racist police for YEARS, and it's been a common problem in NYC as well.Those Boston dudes might be more vocal, but trust me, those types of racists are EVERYWHERE.

Last edited:
Randolph? part of Boston?? you just lost all credibility with what you said

Come on bruh, you know what I was getting at. If someone from Brockton, Randolph or somewhere in that area goes out of town you know they're gonna say they're from Boston. I'm not from Boston nor did I claim to be. Just citing my opinion from living there, (Medford/Cambridge to be specific) for 2 years.

Doesnt change the fact Boston was the first place I ever had someone call me a nig-gar to my face despite living in the south and having many other opportunities to have done so being in hostile racial environments for many years.

Like I said I think Boston is the pinnacle of institutionalized racism. Not that I need someone to validate my experience, but clearly I'm not the only who holds true to the perception held about the city and it's racist tendencies.

New Hampshire is a 30 min drive down the road and they just tried to Lynch a little boy. Not sure why my thoughts seem far fetched.

I worked with a sales manager from iowa and dude was the jolliest polite person i ever met. (Survived stage 4 cancer) FedEx guy disrespected him in some way and he came back to office launching n bombs. Racism runs deep in some people and they don't even know.

I worked with a sales manager from iowa and dude was the jolliest polite person i ever met. (Survived stage 4 cancer) FedEx guy disrespected him in some way and he came back to office launching n bombs. Racism runs deep in some people and they don't even know.

I used to be an extremely naive person who thought racists were just an extremely small minority here until I encountered drunk white dudes in college. They'll be friendly to your face in class but racist as @#$@ after a few shots of cheap vodka.

@sfc145
Just of curiosity based on your statement, and your sn are you in the military?

Come on bruh, you know what I was getting at.
..i do.... and i'm sorry you had to experience what you did in my city, but the sad fact is that could have happened anywhere. the fact that it happened in Boston is unfortunate. i was called a "cracker" {and other things i still don't know what they mean} the first time i played in Detroit. i didn't let that form my opinion of all the people of Detroit. you mentioned NH, and there's 3 other examples above from MO, AZ, IA. there are racists a-holes EVERYWHERE and when we just dismiss their actions as coming from "Boston racists" we allow them to hide among us. these racists a-holes are NOT representative of the people of Boston and every time someone, including yourself, tries to lump me in with them i will speak out. if people like myself don't defend Boston, then people will think racism is accepted in Boston. i can assure you it is not and never will be!!!

Respect to that.

On a side bar, based on your avy and sn if you haven't I highly recommend looking into the law of 44.

Youre right though. What could've happened to me could've happened any where. All I was doing was expressing my personal experience and why I think someone could arrive to a certain conclusion about Boston. If we're keeping it a buck, America in its totality is an opportunity for someone to interface with racism.

I feel where you're coming from. Just like you wouldn't preferred to be called a cracker, I don't wanna be called a thug and other misnomers.

In regards to defending your city, and what's of value to you, more power to you. Long as it's in line with love with peace love and positivity, we operating from the same sheet of music.

I used to be an extremely naive person who thought racists were just an extremely small minority here until I encountered drunk white dudes in college. They'll be friendly to your face in class but racist as @#$@ after a few shots of cheap vodka.

Yup. They got that Riley Cooper steez.

..i do.... and i'm sorry you had to experience what you did in my city, but the sad fact is that could have happened anywhere. the fact that it happened in Boston is unfortunate. i was called a "cracker" {and other things i still don't know what they mean} the first time i played in Detroit. i didn't let that form my opinion of all the people of Detroit. you mentioned NH, and there's 3 other examples above from MO, AZ, IA. there are racists a-holes EVERYWHERE and when we just dismiss their actions as coming from "Boston racists" we allow them to hide among us. these racists a-holes are NOT representative of the people of Boston and every time someone, including yourself, tries to lump me in with them i will speak out. if people like myself don't defend Boston, then people will think racism is accepted in Boston. i can assure you it is not and never will be!!!

Except racism IS accepted in Boston. Just take a ride along Blue Hill, through Hyde Park, etc. Then stroll through Back Bay or the Financial District. Institutionalized racism in motion.

You shouldn't be able to observe a blatant epidemic of drug addiction, poverty, broken families, violence and so on at one end of the spectrum, then travel a couple miles away and see wealthy businessmen and women, wealthy college students, thriving businesses and corporations, well-off, well-dressed middle class folks at the other end of the spectrum. It's simply unacceptable. That disparity is a direct product of institutionalized racism.

Mayor Walsh was quick to say "we're not about racism" when the alt-right wanted to come here to demonstrate. But he was completely ignoring what has been going on in this city right behind him for decades. I'm sick of politicians "speaking out against" things when they're puppets facilitating the very ills they're condemning.

I'm not saying Boston is worse than any other city, because it's not and yes it gets a bad rep. This state of inequality is rampant in any American city.

You shouldn't defend Boston for not being racist, because IT IS. However, I wouldn't argue that people target Boston disproportionately, especially on NT.

He just signed a lifetime contract with the Red Sox. Even if he doesn't believe what he's saying, he'll cape for them until the end of days.

Except racism IS accepted in Boston. Just take a ride along Blue Hill, through Hyde Park, etc. Then stroll through Back Bay or the Financial District. Institutionalized racism in motion.

You shouldn't be able to observe a blatant epidemic of drug addiction, poverty, broken families, violence and so on at one end of the spectrum, then travel a couple miles away and see wealthy businessmen and women, wealthy college students, thriving businesses and corporations, well-off, well-dressed middle class folks at the other end of the spectrum. It's simply unacceptable. That disparity is a direct product of institutionalized racism.

Mayor Walsh was quick to say "we're not about racism" when the alt-right wanted to come here to demonstrate. But he was completely ignoring what has been going on in this city right behind him for decades. I'm sick of politicians "speaking out against" things when they're puppets facilitating the very ills they're condemning.

I'm not saying Boston is worse than any other city, because it's not and yes it gets a bad rep. This state of inequality is rampant in any American city.

You shouldn't defend Boston for not being racist, because IT IS. However, I wouldn't argue that people target Boston disproportionately, especially on NT.

Pretty much what I was getting at with Boston being the pinnacle of institutionalized racism. Ultimately it falls on our shoulders to maintain our own communities, but I recall going to Mosque 11 and thinking some of the greatest black leaders of our generation have spoken here and across the street is a liquor store with addicts hanging out in front of it, and yet you have $100 Million plus High Schools being built in Newton. I can't recall the name of the program but it offers kids from the hood to go to the suburb schools and get a "better" education. (Cousin Stizz was speaking on it in an interview recently) If things were proportioned how come you don't see kids from Newton trying to attend school in Dorchester through the program. Furthermore, why not take some of the money in those suburban schools and build up some of the more impoverished parts of town?

is it that hard to imagine that some people prefer not to inject politics into sports, including da players? :lol: :smh:
Is it hard to imagine that some of us are wise enough to realize that divide and conquer is one of the oldest tactics in the book, and the faculties of the mind are no different. I know a lot of cats clown you on here but I feel for you, because literally everything you seem to care to post about is falling to pieces before your very eyes. This country, your president, fossil fuel vehicles, your mom's apartment etc. But on a serious note, people like you are the reason we say Boston is rightfully called what it has been historically ( I know you're from the heights) but When you can take a black man who speaks spanish, have him fighting to protect the history of his oppressors, disregard all rational evidence that points to his African origins, actively participating in a political structure as a second rate citizen and bypass his consciousness to make him feel like these are the thoughts of his own ..... institutionalized racism has won.

You can tell that Ortiz fellow doesn't want anything to mess with his pockets, lol.

Still on the fence about Sosa though. Was that really a skin condition problem he was having?

Back
Top Bottom