Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

first off why are we acting like Joe has constantly attacked Akademiks. he called him ***** (which AK has stated publicly on several occasions that he is ***** :lol: ) & any other time i've heard him talk about AK it was him slandering his lack of hiphop knowledge (which clearly AK lacks a lot of).

Charlamagne did to Joe exactly what Joe does to everyone else, which was critique things he found off against Joe. Why would Joe have hostile animosity towards Charlamagne because of his opinion on him. He Spoke about his disagreement with charlamagne very in depth on his podcast & called him out on some things as well, which is what led to them having that joint podcast. He also mentioned several times before that he has a respect for Charlamagne's knowledge of the game and how he moves.

With Tax the same thing, he didn't call Tax a ***** or a ***** because he knows Tax isn't one of those things. Tax didn't say he was gonna **** Joe up or that they had any type of real beef, he stated that he's attacked women and he's a manipulator. Again someone's opinion on him, which Joe again met up with him disputed the claims Tax made & after that podcast BOTH men documented that they had a few talks after and all was cool.

Your acting like he had these people calling him these things and never addressed them, he literally sat down with them on a public platform & had a discussion about it & disagreed with them. I don't know why you are expecting him to go see these guys on some goon **** when he doesn't promote that kind of response in the first place.

Man Charlemagne, and Tax even moreso, slandered him whenever they felt like it and he took it and smiled.

And what do you mean why would he have animosity? Tax would **** on him nonstop. NONSTOP. Had no respect for Joe. Charlemagne went on the radio and called him a woman beater out the blue and gave him donkey of the day when Joe made a simple comment about Meek looking like a simp with Nikki. On top of just casually making him the butt of jokes here and there because you can tell he thought of Joe as a sucker. And then Joe turned around and had polite convo with them on both of their shows and actually got screamed on and kicked off of Tax's **** and he still had nothing but kind words. That right there is p****.

This guy is talking spicy about Migos on the show talking about he'll wreck 2 and a half Migos, but why didn't he say all that when they were right there in front of him? Wasn't he coppin pleas talking about he didn't want nothin when the **** jumped off? That was him right? That's p****.

Meanwhile a dude like Ak who doesn't really speak poorly about Joe at all, and even tried to stick up for the man, he shows him no respect and slanders him off show, even has his little buddies and his girl disrespecting the man. A goofball like Yachty comes on the show and this ***** is screaming at the top of his lungs with veins poppin out his head and ****, what kinda goofball **** is that? If you can't see how that's some sucker **** I don't know how better to explain this to you.

Joe is the male version of a chick where you basically gotta treat her like **** to get her to act right.

It's cool to play Ak because he's openly admitted to being a *****, but Joe gets a pass for having Complex edit out the part of the interview where he gets pressed. Got it.

I'm not a fan of Akademiks, but the way they play him at Complex and have him being the butt of the joke is corny. He's the kind of cat who you know won't take up for himself so anyone who goes at him looks like a lame.

Joe, on the other hand, puffs out his chest and welcomes the f*** s***. Him getting pressed by P from QC and then having them edit that part of the video is more ***** made than anything Ak did.

So of course Ak is going to go on his platform and shed light on stuff. Son can't rely on Complex to do it, and as mentioned before, his "brand" suffers as a result.

Editing video to save face is sucker ****. Plain and simple.

100%

Waka was in his IG comments pressing the other day :lol:

damn man thats goofy to see

assuming u talmbout waka vs. gucci

but thats not the same situation because both of them have gone to fists before and they know the other one isnt a square or some insecure dude w no backbone so he's not cherry picking on a lesser victim that he know probably isnt gonna retaliate.

waka and gucci go back and forth knowing that either one will take it there or at least come to blows if need be. so nobody getting picked on just two men handling a difference of perspective.

Waka wouldnt run down on yachty or like Father or one of them weirdo awful records ****** with all the hot ****. you. ot getting no stripes for that lame **** man.

DC4BBkoVwAA9o4a

yeah this seems like some whole other ****

guess he wasnt ******* w that remix

I be out the loop but I cut back watching Ak videos cuz I had a suspicion if dudes pressed him he'd fold. The fact that he openly admitted he was a *****, I prolly wouldn't keep up wit dude.

ak is the braxton from jamie foxx show of hip hop media

joe is a funny dude tho

he even bigs up partynextdoor just to slight drake lol

"I know every DJ but this pusssasay Akademiks"

Glizzy the first one to call him that :pimp: :lol:.

Budden a clown through. Pick and choosy asss ******. Smh at Akademiks for folding. He shoulda just ranted on the show.

Nadeska.....come n get it [emoji]128527[/emoji]

Don't know how long he been out, but all I hear is Lil Uzi in that ****

Dog....you gotta get out more :lol:

First you just heard Tee Grizzley's song a week ago. Secondly, you've never heard of Shy Glizzy....and think he sounds like Uzi [emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️

:lol:

Last edited:
I said it before, I dont listen to all these ******. I been heard the name, just don't check them out. I still aint listen to Carti. Either way, he sounds like Uzi on that track, and I said I ain't know how long he been out.

If I remember correctly, in the Tax interview Budden realized they were talking in circles anddecided the interview was over and Tax proceeded to get mad at an exiting Budden.

It was obvious Tax had ulterior motives throughout the interview and I'm sure Joe had that suspicion

I be out the loop but I cut back watching Ak videos cuz I had a suspicion if dudes pressed him he'd fold. The fact that he openly admitted he was a *****, I prolly wouldn't keep up wit dude.
​can I ask why does that matter?  He's a media personality, why do we expect him to be hard? why does whether or not he's a ***** make a difference

I mean, i don't watch/listen to him or Joe but that's because i'm not interested in their opinion but not because they're *****

Last edited:
​can I ask why does that matter?  He's a media personality, why do we expect him to be hard? why does whether or not he's a ***** make a difference

I mean, i don't watch/listen to him or Joe but that's because i'm not interested in their opinion but not because they're *****

Did you ever look at his videos?

He's judging other rappers and laughing or calling them out. That's why. It's easy to do when you're behind a computer and nobody knows your real name or what you look like.

He's not Elliott Wilson. You dudes seem to act as if he's just some journalist and some innocent victim being picked on. His mo was talking about rappers.

Just like the Wale thing. He's called Wale corny, but wrapped it in, people think you're corny. So Wale is supposed to think what when he sees Ak?

He was biased against rappers he didn't like, or ones he thought were corny.

I remember when he talked about Meek. And how Meek blah blah wasn't going to do tactics that he uses against other journalist against him. I was like oh, you're hard now?
No, it was because he doesn't go to industry stuff and didn't know what he looked like.

Last edited:
People have allowed him a platform as a "journalist" so that's how I receive him.  Why do I care it the guy critiquing the social media story of the day is ***** or not.  As for the comment you said about Meek, i wouldn't have even taken that as him trying to be hard, but that he was going to use a different approach than other journalists, not sure how that gets construed as him trying to be hard.  I just think it an unrealistic expectation to hold presenters to.  Same with Charlamagne.

they comment on hot topics, they sensationalize to draw an audience nothing more, I don't expect them to knock a rapper out if the interview goes wrong

Last edited:

I didn't ask him to be hard and imo there doesn't have to be hard or soft just be you.

But watching the videos he used to make I'd expect him to at least stand for what he says. Just like Charlamagne, fam doesn't says he's hard, but if somebody confronts he's gonna stand on what he says and not backpedal.

At the end of the day, it could just be me tho, but I think some ppl would expect somebody reporting street **** would all bit of street in em

Last edited:
were the ppl who made these "street" lol

genuinely asking lol

Feds_Death_Row.jpg

feds24.jpg

Last edited:
why Joe having videos edited? because we would see how he really reacts when someone talks to him how they talk to Ak? :lol:

with joe appearing to be back on the coca cola in that vidoe from him in philly twitching his face and lower lip lol he was probably on that carpet shaking just like akademiks

i wanna see him come in to ES w a guest high as **** just to see what happens

****** are up in arms about Joe calling Ak a *****... when AK is clearly a ***** :lol:. these days ****** can't handle any truth.

Son is soft, he could either continue the show or not.... Either way he's an easily replaceable part of the show. he's not a strong personality and theirs TONS of internet ****** who can go up there and argue for new hiphop.

Lol wut, akademiks is the reason this **** is even popping. No one gives a damn about Joe budden. No one wants to hear that old washed ***** cry about new age hip hop all day....you trippin

Joe Budden lends credibility to DJ Akademiks's straight man/push over analyst position.

basically everyday struggle is TBC that's been rebalanced fron Street Fighter II to rainbow edition.

Nebraska is a depowered Yee with da lipstick alley/shaderoom connection deleted which improves da pace.

Akademiks is Envy with more analytics acumen & youth music prowess, and overall able to articulate his thoughts without tripping over his tongue, plus since he's seeing a real bag on da side doing his own thing (like DJ ENVY being da consummate club DJ raking on bags on da side on his own right) is able to allow others to doormat em.

Budden is CTG without pulling punches cuz him needing to retain industry relationships.

Back
Top Bottom