Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Joe Budden lends credibility to DJ Akademiks's straight man/push over analyst position.

basically everyday struggle is TBC that's been rebalanced fron Street Fighter II to rainbow edition.

Nebraska is a depowered Yee with da lipstick alley/shaderoom connection deleted which improves da pace.

Akademiks is Envy with more analytics acumen & youth music prowess, and overall able to articulate his thoughts without tripping over his tongue, plus since he's seeing a real bag on da side doing his own thing (like DJ ENVY being da consummate club DJ raking on bags on da side on his own right) is able to allow others to doormat em.

Budden is CTG without pulling punches cuz him needing to retain industry relationships.
Facts, good comparisons cuzzo

Last edited:
It's cool to play Ak because he's openly admitted to being a *****, but Joe gets a pass for having Complex edit out the part of the interview where he gets pressed. Got it.

I'm not a fan of Akademiks, but the way they play him at Complex and have him being the butt of the joke is corny. He's the kind of cat who you know won't take up for himself so anyone who goes at him looks like a lame.

Joe, on the other hand, puffs out his chest and welcomes the f*** s***. Him getting pressed by P from QC and then having them edit that part of the video is more ***** made than anything Ak did.

So of course Ak is going to go on his platform and shed light on stuff. Son can't rely on Complex to do it, and as mentioned before, his "brand" suffers as a result.

Editing video to save face is sucker ****. Plain and simple.
You're my guy but I'm disappointed in you. Joe didn't want to give him any shine for trying to play tough on camera. That **** is wack. I would have liked to have seen it for the laughs but why show that? If you show that, you giving him what he wants and that **** is dumb wack. 

Now, the irony of this thread. People arguing back and forth over who is tough and who is P. Then one of you go and report me and get me banned. That's some real sucker childish stuff. You weak and got no heart. 

You're echoing points I've already made in this thread. Corny on P's part as it may be, that doesn't change the fact that Joe had the stuff edited out. Something being corny on P's end doesn't negate another thing being a sucker move on Joe's end.

Again. P pressing Joe on camera was corny. Joe opting to edit that piece out is still sucker ****.

Edit: Folks are hitting the report button in here? For what? :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
You've gotta realize the reason he edited it out is to prevent himself from looking like a flip flop. Again, Joe is all over ES and the podcast saying he's "with all the f*** s***". Footage of him being pressed into submission directly contradicts that.

I can't be the only person seeing this :lol:

You've gotta realize the reason he edited it out is to prevent himself from looking like a flip flop. Again, Joe is all over ES and the podcast saying he's "with all the f*** s***". Footage of him being pressed into submission directly contradicts that.

Facts only, this ain't got nothing to do with rewarding anybody. This is just Joe budden not wanting to look soft because all he do is run his mouth and he got caught on camera not reciprocating that same need to flap his gums

So why they let Vic Mensa press akademiks on camera then
I don't know **** about it. If Vic was all friendly and dapping him up earlier, than that's weak as hell by Vic and Complex. 

I can't be the only person seeing this
laugh.gif
Being pressed? He got on camera and talked some ****. I didn't hear anyone say pressed or threatened. If Joe crumbled and acted scared, then sure but I didn't hear anyone say anything like that happened. 

Ak 100% said that he got pressed on yesterday's episode of ES, and on some YouTube clip he put up. Give the YouTube clip a listen my g.

Edit: He lets the clip from Joe's podcast play up until the 17 minute mark or so, so begin around the 17 minute mark.

Last edited:
Ak 100% said that he got pressed on yesterday's episode of ES, and on some YouTube clip he put up. Give the YouTube clip a listen my g.
This was after AK was hurt? Why not say it Monday or Tuesday? You smarter than that. There's security guards everywhere. I doubt that he was all in Budden's face and then they did an interview after. 

But I'm done talking about this. **** was funny, Joe gotta chill with the name calling. It ain't cool. Ak is lame but he doesn't annoy me as much as he used to. I almost feel sympathy for the guy. Nebraska looks good somehow but she's still a nerd that is boring and weird as **** on camera. 

Why not say it Monday? Because he was trying to defend his co-host by not exposing what happened vs. what came out. Dude's has BEEN eluding to the fact that the whole thing went down because of Joe, and probably thought Complex would release the full interview unedited. That didn't happen, and by Wednesday, Joe's podcast airs and he calls Ak the biggest ***** he's ever seen. It makes sense why he would let the info out on Thursday's show in front of Joe and then again in front of his own audience. Dude practically took up for Joe and got called a ***** by the guy. You can't defend that.

Again. I can't be the only person seeing this. :lol:

You just proved my point. Why not say it then? Now he's mad at Joe and his feelings are hurt so could he be exaggerating or making it up out of anger? Most likely. You think they're gonna sit down and interview these broads after an altercation? I really don't

He's 100% reacting out of anger. I'm not even going to attempt to cape for the guy. He was clearly in his Bacardi feelings when he made the video about what happened. We agree on that.

But. By Monday, my guess is that he thought the full vid would release and people would see he wasn't the catalyst. Monday and Tuesday pass by, no unedited video is released, and then by Wednesday he's being called a ***** by someone he probably thought he was defending.

Again, I don't fw Ak like that, but I can see how he would feel crossed by Joe, and I still think Joe's a bird for editing the video.

AK also said he needed the definition of what pressed or checked was :lol:

This generation missuses words like corny, checked/pressed etc..

If buddy just interrupted the interview and said me and Joe talked and said no more Yachty ****, then it's whatever.

If he addressed Joe on some yo ***** didn't I say no more Yachty stuff that's checking him. IMO.

either way I can agree the footage shouldn't have been taken out....so we don't know what energy buddy had. :lol:

and I know being called a ***** is OD, but he was referring to AKs overall persona as *****, not that he was ***** in that particular situation. And I mean editing aside Mensa calling AK a ***** to his face and AK responding "in what sense?" Pretty much solidifies him as pie forever, like there are instances where being a ***** are acceptable :lol: :lol:

Enough bout these ****** tho... I didn't even know ppl still got bannned or warnings on this site. :lol:

how can you misuse corny?

isn't what is or isn't corny completely subjective?
It's like when people misuse slang

Same conversation as how the word snitch has devolved from criminals telling on other criminals to avoid consequences for themselves to "snitches" being ordinary civillians reporting crimes...or how drake and thousands of pimply faced geeks were calling meek a "snitch" for exposing that he had a writer 
laugh.gif

AK also said he needed the definition of what pressed or checked was
laugh.gif

This generation missuses words like corny, checked/pressed etc..

If buddy just interrupted the interview and said me and Joe talked and said no more Yachty ****, then it's whatever.

If he addressed Joe on some yo ***** didn't I say no more Yachty stuff that's checking him. IMO.

either way I can agree the footage shouldn't have been taken out....so we don't know what energy buddy had.
laugh.gif

and I know being called a ***** is OD, but he was referring to AKs overall persona as *****, not that he was ***** in that particular situation. And I mean editing aside Mensa calling AK a ***** to his face and AK responding "in what sense?" Pretty much solidifies him as pie forever, like there are instances where being a ***** are acceptable
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Enough bout these ****** tho... I didn't even know ppl still got bannned or warnings on this site.
laugh.gif
i once got banned for telling sum1 to lol shut up

these are grown men mind you

This is pretty obvious. Joe got checked and instead of being loud and crazy like he normally is - he didn't say a word during the interview and made stupid faces the whole time like a little kid. He could've played it off if he just kept the interview going normally with everyone asking questions like normal.

I'm dying @ "you can't reward that behavior" so you gotta edit it out. I'm sure that's what Joe was telling the producers :lol:

It's like when people misuse slang

Same conversation as how the word snitch has devolved from criminals telling on other criminals to avoid consequences for themselves to "snitches" being ordinary civillians reporting crimes...or how drake and thousands of pimply faced geeks were calling meek a "snitch" for exposing that he had a writer :lol:

thats not the same at all bruh

it's pretty cut and dry what a snitch is

what you find corny is all a matter of opinion

You're my guy but I'm disappointed in you. Joe didn't want to give him any shine for trying to play tough on camera. That **** is wack. I would have liked to have seen it for the laughs but why show that? If you show that, you giving him what he wants and that **** is dumb wack. 

Now, the irony of this thread. People arguing back and forth over who is tough and who is P. Then one of you go and report me and get me banned. That's some real sucker childish stuff. You weak and got no heart.
Thats it im out of this thread...

the illuminati c**chey coalition is not a game.

these **** must really have that pressure.

bruh giving up his whole image and brand for some ***** lmao. some foul **** is going on here lmao bruh didnt just switch like that and the first time we saw them together was like less than a week ago lol

Last edited:
It's almost like they get assigned to ****** now.

"_____ has an album coming out. Let's link him with Amber Rose for the promo"

Last edited:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm not even mad at son, but it's sounding like he's about to **** around and scrap Savage Mode 2 for his own Beautiful Thugger Girls project.

Amber is going to be an undeniable part of hip hop history. Shorty had my ___ riding shotgun in the Wraith, recording declarations of love while tenderly caressing her shoulder :lol:

Last edited:
the illuminati c**chey coalition is not a game.

these **** must really have that pressure.

bruh giving up his whole image and brand for some ***** lmao. some foul **** is going on here lmao bruh didnt just switch like that and the first time we saw them together was like less than a week ago lol

Amber is bilquist in the flesh

Back
Top Bottom