Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

FB3FE36F-01EE-462D-A576-4B190B5BC291.png

Feels like classic NT.

Y'all _'s gotta get off that high horse thinking just because you listen to somebody's music means you support everything they do in their personal life.

We know R Kelly is f'ed up but I'm still gonna bump his catalog. Damn near all the 70's and 80's singers used to do wild **** but we still love the music. People still sample and redo their records right? RIP Marvin Gaye but he was into all kinda strange ****. He got with 2nd wife when she like 16. James Brown and David Ruffin used to beat the dog **** outta their women. Mike used to have sleepovers with lil kids.

dog you can't tell people to get off their high horse because they won't support a child molester:rofl:

is that really a high horse?
The question is where does the line get crossed? I guarantee you listened to an artist who's been accused of something horrible this week, whether it's murder, rape, pedophilia, molestation etc. Do you keep the same energy? Even rappers like Fab have been charged with beating women, Chris Brown multiple times.
Tyga was with Kylie at 16, why doesn't he get the R Kelly treatment?

The question is where does the line get crossed? I guarantee you listened to an artist who's been accused of something horrible this week, whether it's murder, rape, pedophilia, molestation etc. Do you keep the same energy? Even rappers like Fab have been charged with beating women, Chris Brown multiple times.
Tyga was with Kylie at 16, why doesn't he get the R Kelly treatment?

an accusation and several videos of you assaulting little girls + first hand accounts, aren't the same

I wont even touch on comparing a single incident of domestic violence to decades of documented sexual abuse of children

but dont let the facts get in the way of defending a child molester

and dont disrespect me I dont listen to no ****in tyga boy

If R Kelly was white, he’d get a pass from so many today. He was molested, can’t read and came from no money. Wypipo eat that **** up but he’s black so he’s the devil. I’m not with tearing him down when so many other celebs are ****in 13-16 year old boys and girls and people don’t care. I also don’t give a **** if he likes 13-16 year olds, that **** is legal in certain states and is legal in maaaad countries. He makes classic music that I’m not ever giving up cause it’s some of the best music ever.

We spoke about this a few weeks ago. It’s hard to take a moral high ground in rap, or r&b, or in any area of entertainment involving people.

Like my mans @P C H said, a lot of people really only care about things that directly affects them. Fact of the matter is that we sometimes turn a blind eye when we look at a person favorably.

I personally never listened to Robert like that, so it was easier to further write him off after learning that he was a pedophile.

Inversely, I grew up in a household that loved Mike Jack, so when his allegations came out, it was a tough pill to swallow. To this day I still cite the fact that some of those accusers subsequently came out and saying the allegations were fabricated.

But when you look at things objectively, everyone on the planet has the potential to be a disgusting individual. We have to stop looking at celebs like they’re exempt from that fact. Gotta accept the fact that they’re people capable of everything people are capable of. I’m not about to be out here caping for everyone.

... Except Future because that ***** made March Madness and that should count for something.

an accusation and several videos of you assaulting little girls + first hand accounts, aren't the same

I wont even touch on comparing a single incident of domestic violence to decades of documented sexual abuse of children

but dont let the facts get in the way of defending a child molester

and dont disrespect me I dont listen to no ****in tyga boy

I'm not defending anyone. There are accusations and first hand accounts of many artists doing heinous acts. RKelly hasn't even been convicted of a crime, while I named artists that actually admitted guilt. Hell hip-hop was birthed by known child molesters like Afrika Bambaataa yet people like Kool Herc etc. associated with him.

I was curious to see if you keep the same energy with all artists.

it isn't a secert tho....

That doesn't change the fact that plenty of other artist have shady backgrounds/secrets and pay people off to stay silent.
Does that make it less bad because it doesn't hit mainstream media? Where do we draw the line? I'm not capping for R Kelly.
If someone doesn't want to listen, I understand. But his catalog is too fire for me not to listen.

We spoke about this a few weeks ago. It’s hard to take a moral high ground in rap, or r&b, or in any area of entertainment involving people.

Like my mans @P C H said, a lot of people really only care about things that directly affects them. Fact of the matter is that we sometimes turn a blind eye when we look at a person favorably.

I personally never listened to Robert like that, so it was easier to further write him off after learning that he was a pedophile.

Inversely, I grew up in a household that loved Mike Jack, so when his allegations came out, it was a tough pill to swallow. To this day I still cite the fact that some of those accusers subsequently came out and saying the allegations were fabricated.

But when you look at things objectively, everyone on the planet has the potential to be a disgusting individual. We have to stop looking at celebs like they’re exempt from that fact. Gotta accept the fact that they’re people capable of everything people are capable of. I’m not about to be out here caping for everyone.

... Except Future because that ***** made March Madness and that should count for something.

Was gonna REP this but then you started talking about that Future bull**** and now I might REPort this.

Michael Jackson and R Kelly were played damn near daily in my house as a kid. I’m not giving up either of their music, **** that. I think both of them are sick as **** in the head but the real talented and artistic people are always weird as **** and sick

If R Kelly was white, he’d get a pass from so many today. He was molested, can’t read and came from no money. Wypipo eat that **** up but he’s black so he’s the devil. I’m not with tearing him down when so many other celebs are ****in 13-16 year old boys and girls and people don’t care. I also don’t give a **** if he likes 13-16 year olds, that **** is legal in certain states and is legal in maaaad countries. He makes classic music that I’m not ever giving up cause it’s some of the best music ever.

this is some stupid ****

fact that you typed the whole thing out without realizing how stupid is nuts

dog you can't tell people to get off their high horse because they won't support a child molester:rofl:

is that really a high horse?
Bruh are you reading? :lol:

Where did I say people had to support anything? If you chose to not listen to somebody for whatever reason, cool that's YOUR choice. But when you dudes get on this "OMG how can you still listen to such and such" y'all _'s sound silly.

I'm not defending anyone. There are accusations and first hand accounts of many artists doing heinous acts. RKelly hasn't even been convicted of a crime, while I named artists that actually admitted guilt. Hell hip-hop was birthed by known child molesters like Afrika Bambaataa yet people like Kool Herc etc. associated with him.

I was curious to see if you keep the same energy with all artists.

this dude got caught with dozens of videos of him assaulting children and escaped on a technicallity save that never convicted **** fam

there aren't "many" artists like him dog chris brown is not "like" r.kelly fab isn't "like" r kelly

jerry sandusky is "like" r kelly

this is some stupid ****

fact that you typed the whole thing out without realizing how stupid is nuts

You know how many white celebs been caught with minors and still out there getting all types of jobs in movies and music?

How many states here allow grown men to marry 15 and 16 year olds or how many countries let men **** with 12-14 year old girls.

I’m not here to tell him how to live his life, I can’t even talk to a woman that’s five years younger than me. It’s weird as **** but if that’s what he likes because he’s been raped or he wants to mold the perfect woman, I don’t give a ****

He’s nothing like Jerry Sandusky.

Bruh are you reading? :lol:

Where did I say people had to support anything? If you chose to not listen to somebody for whatever reason, cool that's YOUR choice. But when you dudes get on this "OMG how can you still listen to such and such" y'all _'s sound silly.

The people who question supporting a known serial child molester are the ones that sound silly? ok.

You know how many white celebs been caught with minors and still out there getting all types of jobs in movies and music?

How many states here allow grown men to marry 15 and 16 year olds or how many countries let men **** with 12-14 year old girls.

I’m not here to tell him how to live his life, I can’t even talk to a woman that’s five years younger than me. It’s weird as **** but if that’s what he likes because he’s been raped or he wants to mold the perfect woman, I don’t give a ****

you're an idiot.

this dude got caught with dozens of videos of him assaulting children and escaped on a technicallity save that never convicted **** fam

there aren't "many" artists like him dog chris brown is not "like" r.kelly fab isn't "like" r kelly

jerry sandusky is "like" r kelly
So you're cool with beating women to the point of hospitalization? That's not bad enough for you not to listen? Are you cool with artists like MJ sleeping with boys or underage women like Marvin Gaye?

The people who question supporting a known serial child molester are the ones that sound silly? ok.

you're an idiot.
My man you just said beating the hell out of a woman is ok compared to R Kelly so yeah you sound silly. Notice I ain't defending none of these dudes actions. It's all f'ed up to me.

Back
Top Bottom