Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I can agree with that in a sense. But see that kind of goes back to my point. Thug has a “hive” and the DJ’s and talking-heads all say they rock with him. So him putting up 28K is baffling to me.

I understand he dropped on a Sunday night, so there’s a fathomable impact on his numbers. But Slime Language did 44K and Thugger Girls did 37K. Son hasn’t been breaking at least 60K for a minute.

Save for a real rebrand I don’t think he ever gonna be that big realistically. But then again I thought the same w Future after Honest.

He just doesn’t really seem that focused on cleaning up and making his music and image more palatable for the masses.

We talk about SoundCloud and weird being in etc but if look at the few dudes that crossed over it’s the ones with the easy digestible music and viral kid **** i.e. Lil Pump, 69 etc. Uzi is like the most forced weird _ in the game now but that’s what works. You gotta make your brand obvious or people won’t get it.

How is it only on NT? U only gonna see on Twitter what u search for. For every person that tweeted about something being fire u could find a tweet about it being bad. Of course most of your friends or circle are gonna like a lot of the same ****. I never understood that argument. This is a bunch of *****s from different places that ain’t on some group think type **** and say how they feel.

One can argue NT is more of a circle than any major social platform.....
Twitter is far more diverse and populated then a niche sneaker/lifestyle forum with only a quarter million males of a certain demographic.

Also, many opinions are said online for shock factor/views nowadays and rarely reflect peoples' actual beliefs.

Thug **** was just 6 songs bruh, not a lot to stream

And he dropped it randomly Sunday night so he ended up losing out on damn near 3 days of streams/sales

The comparison with Dolph is funny tho cause they could really be swapped label/position wise :lol:
Dolph more of general trap rapper, that’s perfect for a major, while Thug is a lil more experimental and a tougher sell to the masses

Thug is kinda in the same type of niche position Future was in until he got #FutureHive and Mask Off Challenge

The mask off challenge? :lol:

By the time 56 nights came up, he was on a roll. Then DS2 came out and pretty much cemented his status

Suge Knight’s Son Claims Tupac Shakur Is Alive in Malaysia

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2018/10/suge-knights-son-claims-tupac-shakur-alive-malaysia/
There have been many conspiracy theories surrounding the death of late rap icon Tupac Shakur over the years. Some think he is alive and well and living in Cuba, while some claim he never left the U.S. and has been living out his days in the shadows. Well, Suge Knight's son, who goes by Suge J. Knight, has another theory. According to him, 'Pac is holding up in Malaysia.Tupac died on Sept. 13, 1996 after being fatally shot in Las Vegas. On Tuesday (Oct. 2), Suge's son started spreading a new theory on social media. He began by playfully, commenting on an article about 'Pac's estate winning back the rapper's unreleased material in a settlement with Entertainment One. "Man if they have PAC talk about Kanye or Trump something ain’t right lol," he captioned the headline.http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2018/10/suge-knights-son-claims-tupac-shakur-alive-malaysia/
He continued to toss out his conspiracy theory in a series of posts of photoshopped pictures of 'Pac with Beyonce and 50 Cent. Then things got a tad bit darker with Suge's son claiming someone was after him for telling the truth. "[Tupac] never left us. They’ll be after me soon smh. For y’all tho ," he captioned a photo.

In another paranoid video, he claimed someone was following him in his car. "I'm not on drugs," he wrote in a follow-up post. He went on to say 'Pac is in Malaysia on his Instagram story.

It appears the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. Suge Sr. has been telling anyone who would listen for years that Tupac didn't die, and is alive and well.http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2018/10/suge-knights-son-claims-tupac-shakur-alive-malaysia/

now that I think about it, and googled it to be sure, Future hit #1 on billboard with DS2; The site says 126K and the #1 spot.

Speaking of Mask Off, the remix was one of the worst remixes I've ever heard. Not sure if there's a more inorganic remix made.

That Nas - March Madness remix was worse IMO :lol:

Future and Nas got the same manager tho so it made a lil more sense in a way

I listened to the remix of March Madness one time and never again. Its cool that Esco rocks with Future, but nah, b... leave that track alone. Greatest song in mankind’s history.

Kdot on Mask Off just seemed off. A bit or organic than Nas, but inorganic none the less.

Both tracks are perfect as is.

I listened to the remix of March Madness one time and never again. Its cool that Esco rocks with Future, but nah, b... leave that track alone. Greatest song in mankind’s history.

Kdot on Mask Off just seemed off. A bit or organic than Nas, but inorganic none the less.

Both tracks are perfect as is.

I think the worst part was Nas got off beat something terrible :lol:

and this is coming from someone who actually enjoys off beat rapping from certain _’s like Herbo etc

Edit: Now that I think about bruh had been rapping off beat way before that Ye produced album lol

I think Kendrick has shown he can rap over basically anything, Mask Off just wasn’t the one lol

Back
Top Bottom