Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Uzi sold 28 and XXX sold 17 before the streams.

Would love to hear Wavy break down the difference between Uzi and Yachty and why they're different and why one is better and why one sold more.

Yachty doesn't have a song as big as XO Tour Life would be my guess.

Both are about the same.

Lil Boat is a pretty good mixtape. Haven't listened to it all the way through, but both Summer Songs 2 and Teenage Emotions have solid tracks.

Uzi has more "output" but it's about equal on actual rap ability to me.

Nobody buys or plays an album on rap ability alone. Uzi makes better music.

Honestly for me uzi is like...if he has a fire beat, Then the song will be fire..anything less than a fire beat and I'm not listening to it.

With that said...his album is nice. It'll last about 2-3 months like the migos album did for me.

Some of these dudes music nowadays is made so fast and you can tell lol.

But we are in the generation for the best beats so it makes sense

Of course but clearly there are some rappers that you could listen to the track acapella and it would still be nice.

Same goes for RNB. You could listen to jodeci without the beat it's still gonna be good

These drugged up fiend dudes making music I can't say the same for.

Nobody buys or plays an album on rap ability alone. Uzi makes better music.
Debatable.

Probably have to agree on the 2nd statement even though I'll have to listen to more Yachty.

Especially the range. Before, I would say that out of all of these new-ish acts Thug has the most range, but I think Uzi has that title. On this album alone, he has so many different flows and ways he's singing on here. Nobody sounds like him on this. Kinda in his own lane.

Honestly for me uzi is like...if he has a fire beat, Then the song will be fire..anything less than a fire beat and I'm not listening to it.

With that said...his album is nice. It'll last about 2-3 months like the migos album did for me.

Some of these dudes music nowadays is made so fast and you can tell lol.

But we are in the generation for the best beats so it makes sense

"Best beats"? Nah

Yeah I don't mess with either one but it seem like people take Uzi more serious as a artist. They was trying hard with Yachty though, had the Migos single, the all lives matter album cover.

XXX sellin 86k is amazing. especially when u consider the fact that no one over the age of 21 has even heard of him til a couple months ago

Nah. We're past the everyone biting Metro Booming and Metro Booming being lazy stage

Uzi sold 28 and XXX sold 17 before the streams.

Would love to hear Wavy break down the difference between Uzi and Yachty and why they're different and why one is better and why one sold more.

Sonically....they're vastly different. Hell, aside from colored dreads.....they have little in common stylistically.

Uzi's music is darker, fuller, wider ranged and more mature. Yachty's music is lighter, playful and more youthful. Uzi is taken more seriously as far as an artist....and cultivated a fan base that's much more dedicated, and will grow with him. Those dudes 22 & under really **** with Uzi music. Not just on no gimmick ****. And these are young adults and college kids. Not to mention....Uzi has cosigns from respected artist in the game.

Yachty really doesn't have a core fan base. The tumblr crowd and fickle festival fans only **** with Yachty in the moment. They also don't want to hear an entire album by him. They want to hear singles at the festivals. Yachty is replaceable.

Last edited:
Can't argue against that.

Still enjoy what I've heard from Yachty so far.

Yachty can still grow. He just needs a lil mentoring tbh. He has cool melodies and hooks are cool at times.

Back
Top Bottom