Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Engaging it would mean going back and forth about Lil Uzi Vert and telling a 20 year how they should feel about it and why their generation is lost.

It's one thing to call it trash...it's another whole thing to bring in this so called "divide" into it.

Engaging it would mean going back and forth about Lil Uzi Vert and telling a 20 year how they should feel about it and why their generation is lost.

It's one thing to call it trash...it's another whole thing to bring in this so called "divide" into it.

What about changing your name, not identifying yourself and coming with a weak attack like a scorned female trolling when you weren't even involved in the discussion?

It's funny how you define weirdo.

But now this is above you? And it's causing a division?

It's a ******* message board. Everyone on it is "involved".

You're the EXACT type of ***** that fuels this "divide". You offer zero constructive criticism...you just stand and point. Which is exactly why it's so easy for the same dudes to call you an old ****** and watch you get in your feels about it

It's a ****ing message board. Everyone on it is "involved".

You're the EXACT type of ***** that fuels this "divide". You offer zero constructive criticism...you just stand and point. Which is exactly why it's so easy for the same dudes to call you an old *****s and watch you get in your feels about it

So what have you done to bring this divide together?

I don't care about the divide, because it's naturally there. Young people don't listen to older people. When you're young you think you know everything. See, all of us have been there. Each day you're alive you're getting older. Because all of us old people know we'll get the last laugh.

I find it entertaining while at work.

I think it's hilarious dudes think calling someone old is an insult. :lol:

Wouldn't surprise me if Uzi's #'s were helped out extremely by XO tour life.... not to the extent of 100K extra sales but single sales are accounted for in album sales if that single is placed on the album.

More "is Big Sean top 5 nonsense"

:rolleyes

They really trying to give Sean that spot. How they continually overlook Future right now in that convo.....and throw names like Travis Scott, Quavo, Chance, and Meek in there is beyond me :lol:.

But this convo has been had a thousand times. It's weird

Excuse me if i'm wrong, but this isn't a top 5 who's hottest their talking about right??

I would assume this is based mostly off skill of rapping? future he isn't a better rapper than sean & i would listen to a Future tape way before sean.

But if their including quavo, travis etc etc then Future absolutely should be in the discussion. And even then Sean is still slightly above Future on that list because, he has all the success, features, hits that Future has but he's a superior rapper.

More "is Big Sean top 5 nonsense"

:rolleyes

They really trying to give Sean that spot. How they continually overlook Future right now in that convo.....and throw names like Travis Scott, Quavo, Chance, and Meek in there is beyond me :lol:.

But this convo has been had a thousand times. It's weird
not sure what's funny about putting meek in there....
he's more consistent than travis and quavo. (don't really listen to chance).
future (to me) is definitely making the best music of anybody right now.
he's #1 on my list of current rappers.

LOL @ them making this list and not including Future. At first I thought they were going strictly with "lyrical" :smile:rolleyes) rappers, so I begrudgingly allowed them to omit him knowing they're dismissive of the south in general. But then they started mentioning Travis and Quavo. Sooooo......

And then Joe says Quavo can't "rap a lick", which is actually not true at all.

I'm convinced that this show was created to make it seem like rap made north of the Mason Dixion line is much more relevant and prominent than it actually is right now.

LOL @ them making this list and not including Future. At first I thought they were going strictly with "lyrical" :smile:rolleyes) rappers, so I begrudgingly allowed them to omit him knowing they're dismissive of the south in general. But then they started mentioning Travis and Quavo. Sooooo......

I'm convinced that this show was created to make it seem like rap made north of the Mason Dixion line is much more relevant and prominent than it actually is right now.

***** what :rofl: for the most part they are discussing nothing but southern artist

***** what :rofl: for the most part they are discussing nothing but southern artist

No they're not dawg. Obviously you have to mention the south to some degree because it's at the forefront of hip-hop, but when they do, they're still always very dismissive. They just made a Top 5 list and didn't even mention Future's name bro.

Ak actually said during the Camron segment that the show is regional-centric in "taste". This aint nothing I'm just saying

No they're not dawg. Obviously you have to mention the south to some degree because it's at the forefront of hip-hop, but when they do, they're still always very dismissive. They just made a Top 5 list and didn't even mention Future's name bro.

Ak actually said during the Camron segment that the show is regional-centric in "taste". This aint nothing I'm just saying

What is he top five in?

Do you hear people from the west getting upset because Kendrick isn't mentioned in every discussion....and he's actually the hottest person in rap.

Some of you have a real sense of victim hood.

Did Joe praise Uzi? Where is he from? It's not about where you're from.

Ak actually said during the Camron segment that the show is regional-centric in "taste".

I'm pretty sure that all he meant by this was that all three cast members are from NY/Jersey and predominantly grew up on East Coast music.

I agree that a complete Future omission from the discussion of a current top 5 is negligent, but I can just as easily chalk that up as them forgetting as I can jump to the conclusion that they're biased.

So the show didn't put futuure in the top 5, so their dismissive of the south... Despite talking about Migos, Kodak, 2 Chainz, XXX, Yachty etc etc all the ******* time.

if there's one thing this show is not doing is showing bias to the north....

They also consistently mentioned bars & rhyming ability during this debate.... the Top 3 are locked in no debate

After that you have Sean, 2 Chainz, Meek, Future, Chance

It ain't like Future is blowing these dudes out the water when it comes to any category, & as far as bars go he may be last (i'm not big on Chance so im not including him)

Future is in the Convo but it isn't a slight to not have him as a lock.

Real talk man.

Joe and Akademiks especially, are so stuck in "lanes".....and "labels"....that they fail to see anything beyond what the surface level is of what a rapper brings to the tables. Part of it is Akademiks parrot viewing of hip hop (no original thought of his own).......and Joes (admitted) regional and generational bias.

To Akademiks....only the backpackerish rappers that came on the heels of Kanye West in 09, with the "Everyman image", from anywhere but the south can be considered "lyrical" or "top 5" worthy at the time. If you're not a relatable rapper that occasionally makes in your face "conscious" records.....they won't see it.

I mean....Big Sean is being credited as a LYRICIST and lauded for his subject matter.....while he had Metro Boomin produce 3 songs on his last album and was using some of Future flows in pockets....and doing his best Drake impersonation on there as well. Big Sean can flow....but he isn't outstanding as a rapper to me. Good pop rapper...but lyricist. That's a reach. Even in this era.

Hell...Akademiks had said numerous times that Desiigner is a better rapper than Future :lol:. They are as out of touch as the Grammys in this respect. They STILL group Kodak Black in with Lil Yachty. They don't get it.

These are the guys that are surprised in 2016 that 2 Chainz could "actually rap" :lol:.

I'm pretty sure that all he meant by this was that all three cast members are from NY/Jersey and predominantly grew up on East Coast music.

I agree that a complete Future omission from the discussion of a current top 5 is negligent, but I can just as easily chalk that up as them forgetting as I can jump to the conclusion that they're biased.
You prefaced your statement about them "forgetting" to mention Future by stating that the entire cast is all from the Tri-State. It's not an accident. We're talking about a show that has never mentioned someone like Big KRIT ONCE EVER.

But I feel you bro.

What is he top five in?

Do you hear people from the west getting upset because Kendrick isn't mentioned in every discussion....and he's actually the hottest person in rap.

Some of you have a real sense of victim hood.

Did Joe praise Uzi? Where is he from? It's not about where you're from.

So the show didn't put futuure in the top 5, so their dismissive of the south... Despite talking about Migos, Kodak, 2 Chainz, XXX, Yachty etc etc all the ****ing time.

if there's one thing this show is not doing is showing bias to the north....

They also consistently mentioned bars & rhyming ability during this debate.... the Top 3 are locked in no debate

After that you have Sean, 2 Chainz, Meek, Future, Chance

It ain't like Future is blowing these dudes out the water when it comes to any category, & as far as bars go he may be last (i'm not big on Chance so im not including him)

Future is in the Convo but it isn't a slight to not have him as a lock.

Kendrick is probably the most universally praised on the show, what would they have to be upset about exactly?

And I never said they didn't MENTION artists from the south, I said they were dismissive of them. Joe has mentioned how he hasn't even listened to Kodak, but yet has only negative things to say about him. They will literally sit there and say they've never "heard" of Young Dolph. Really? Even the compliments are backhanded... "Quavo's killing it right now.. but you, he can't rap a lick". Sure there are the occasional moments where they show proper respect (usually to a vet), but besides that....

Real talk man.

Joe and Akademiks especially, are so stuck in "lanes".....and "labels"....that they fail to see anything beyond what the surface level is of what a rapper brings to the tables. Part of it is Akademiks parrot viewing of hip hop (no original thought of his own).......and Joes (admitted) regional and generational bias.

To Akademiks....only the backpackerish rappers that came on the heels of Kanye West in 09, with the "Everyman image", from anywhere but the south can be considered "lyrical" or "top 5" worthy at the time. If you're not a relatable rapper that occasionally makes in your face "conscious" records.....they won't see it.

I mean....Big Sean is being credited as a LYRICIST and lauded for his subject matter.....while he had Metro Boomin produce 3 songs on his last album and was using some of Future flows in pockets....and doing his best Drake impersonation on there as well. Big Sean can flow....but he isn't outstanding as a rapper to me. Good pop rapper...but lyricist. That's a reach. Even in this era.

Hell...Akademiks had said numerous times that Desiigner is a better rapper than Future :lol:. They are as out of touch as the Grammys in this respect. They STILL group Kodak Black in with Lil Yachty. They don't get it.

These are the guys that are surprised in 2016 that 2 Chainz could "actually rap" :lol:.

Bro In this era as far as rappers who are in the mainstream Sean is Easily a top 5 lyricist, and he's more versatile than Future.... do i personally like Sean's new stuff better than future's No. But if lyrics, flows and bars are something your putting emphasis on then Yes sean is gonna pass Future on that list. Not to mention J.Cole is clearly from the south and he's locked in, Kendrick is from the West, Drake ain't even from the country... yet somehow they have an upnorth bias??

I've heard Joe gove 2 Chainz props for years, Constantly bigging up Ross, Constantly Bigging up TIP

They ain't mentioning none of these newer ****** from the south in their top 5 list because the truth is most of them who have the success and accolades aren't that great of rappers. Lyrics and versatility mean a lot to people & that's not to say Future doesn't have those.. there's just other guys who have more of it.

Back
Top Bottom