Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Instead of more J Cole's we get emasculated non threatening pansexual black men or another drug selling gang banging drug user

There is a reason you listen to one of these trap records from the jump and it doesn't move you. Until you listen to it multiple times.

You are being programmed and don't even know it.

Music should have a meaning because it's hitting your soul. It can mold a person.

Instead of more J Cole's we get emasculated non threatening pansexual black men or another drug selling gang banging drug user

Yes. It's just a way to emasculate the black male. We are the most feared creation on this planet. We just don't know our full potential and we are mentally enslaved. We are close to having a full blown gay rapper that's gonna have all the black children grow up thinking that's the path they should take because it's the cool thing to do.

Feel like this Crank Lucas skit is exactly what I'm getting at when I talk about how Budden and Akademiks view "trap rappers" from the south.

One IDK where your getting this Akademiks thing from, his entire persona comes off hyping up these new ****** which more often than not are trap rappers or are in that lane. the majority of the music he promotes is catered around the trap sound & no emphasis on Lyrics

Joe on the other hand doesn't think someone like Quavo can rap well.... because he doesn't. Is he horrible no, can he occasionally give you a good verse of course, will it flow well almost all the time.... that doesn't make him a good rapper when Joe's examples of good rapper are guys like Hov, Scarface, Biggie, Ghost, Em, Crooked etc etc. Just from a technical standpoint it's disrespectful to say cats like Migos or thug are great rappers & then put guys like that in the same echelon.

Also for A LOT of these verses they flow well with the beat, when pulled away and listened too or just the lyrics being read Not much is being said. It's not a lot of thought behind it, there's no real slick talk, no overall focus. These guys constantly tell you that they are freestyling the music and just stringing things together that sound good over the beat.

There's absolutely a lane for that & it's clear as day, it makes for a good sounding song if you are looking for a certain vibe or energy. But truthfully speaking if an arist themselves is telling you their going in & freestyling songs in ten minutes, why would someone like Joe who is clearly heavily inclined on Lyrics and what's being said... here an offset verse & think it's elite? Especially when a large portion of cats rapping over trap beats (No Matter the region) are using the same flows, same adlibs & similar sounding beats. It's but so long someone is gonna listen to that.

Kodak for example is one of the newer cats who people point too in that demographic & say he's spitting. And yes compared to his peers he has more content & may actually rap with a message on mind, However in the grand scheme of things he's a mediocre rapper.

^ Hov and Biggie are all time great rappers. Lol That can't be somebody's only bar for good rappers.

Migos are definitely good rappers. Especially Offset and Takeoff.

Perfect Example.... Ross puts out an ALBUM full of gems.... there's several ****** on social media saying that thug had VERSE OF THE YEAR :smh:

this is the verse

"I was tryna bet the whole map, Vegas, stay in the trap
****** talkin' 'bout raidin' the trap
Man I'm 'bout to go ape in the trap (***** goin' ape ****)
***** watch your babies in the trap
***** cookin' oil base in the trap
Young ***** slay in the trap
****** rockin' Bathing Ape in the trap
I'm 'bout to get this **** movin', yeah
Answer the door with the Woolie, yeah
Wrist in the water, I need me a boat
I'm 'bout to get this **** cruisin', yeah
Stand at the stove 'til you're woozy, woozy
Let's make a movie, movie, yeah
Move, move, move
***** I'm richer than Tom Cruise, yeah
So many different meds on me
**** around, call the Fed on me
Chk, boom boom boom your head, homie
Draco got a lot of lead on it
You dead"

****** heard that and went ape****, If you don't see why someone with extensive hiphop knowledge/experience see's some **** like this & doesn't think it's "good rapping" idk what else to say

^ Hov and Biggie are all time great rappers. Lol That can't be somebody's only bar for good rappers.

Migos are definitely good rappers. Especially Offset and Takeoff.

Offset and takeoff are good trap rappers...... i listen to the migos enough, there's literally dozens upon dozens upon dozens of rappers who are better than them at Rapping. they may have a superior flow.... but as far as delivery, concepts, subject matter, witty lines, imagery etc etc there's several dudes NOW who will rap circles around them.. and that's all Joe is saying.

hell people LOVE calling wayne trash now, but in his weakest form now he can rap circles around 95% of these newer artist.

The age of bars is dead. Its all about the beat. You can get away with saying anything as long as the beat is good.

Offset and takeoff are good trap rappers...... i listen to the migos enough, there's literally dozens upon dozens upon dozens of rappers who are better than them at Rapping. they may have a superior flow.... but as far as delivery, concepts, subject matter, witty lines, imagery etc etc there's several dudes NOW who will rap circles around them.. and that's all Joe is saying.

hell people LOVE calling wayne trash now, but in his weakest form now he can rap circles around 95% of these newer artist.

What dozens of rappers better than them in their class?

Everything you just said is what Wayne did, even at his peak. He rarely rapped about anything other than weed, lean, money, eating p****. He just made it sound good til it dried up.

Migos arent rap.. that is trap music.. hard beats and simple *** raps.

If you wanna pop nowadays you just need a dope producer. Trap music has its own place.. ex friday and saturday nights parties clubs w/e.

Migos arent rap.. that is trap music.. hard beats and simple *** raps.

AZrOkNgQEGcaetoliERQ_Confused%20Californians.gif

What dozens of rappers better than them in their class?

Everything you just said is what Wayne did, even at his peak. He rarely rapped about anything other than weed, lean, money, eating p****. He just made it sound good til it dried up.

If we are talking just purely from a rap \ping ability standpoint

Cole
Sean
Wale
Kendrick
Schoolboy
Soul
Isaiah Rashad
Curren$y
Bronson
Dave East
Vado
Don Q
Kevin Gates
Meek Mill
A$AP Rocky
Tyler The Creator
Vince Staples

This is literally just off the top of my head... if i really looked down a list or included more underground/new rappers it would grow extensive

Thats just how i feel. I dont categorize migos or 90% of them ****** from the south as rap.

They got their own lane (trap) which i enjoy when im drinking, working out, at a party w/e. I guess you say they a branch of rap.

I consider rapping as ****** with bars. Im 26 and from the east coast though.

Migos trash

Future trash

Wayne is trash

Sean rap better than all of them.

Where can I see this BIG doc? Is it just one episode or a few episodes?

If we are talking just purely from a rap \ping ability standpoint

Cole
Sean
Wale
Kendrick
Schoolboy
Soul
Isaiah Rashad
Curren$y
Bronson
Dave East
Vado
Don Q
Kevin Gates
Meek Mill
A$AP Rocky
Tyler The Creator
Vince Staples

This is literally just off the top of my head... if i really looked down a list or included more underground/new rappers it would grow extensive

Curren$y been around since at least 03.

Rocky, Tyer and Vado don't rap better than them.

I loved Dark Sky Paradise but Sean is boring and corny sometimes. Dude is hit or miss. Somebody called him a poor light voice Fab, it's on point.

Was gonna post that earlier. Sean is basically the new Fab. Definitely not consistent, but drops enough to keep his name out there.

Sean can rap better than most. He just sells out all the time. Trying to sell records and make hits and I'm not a big Sean fan.

Back
Top Bottom