Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

who still “buys” albums

stores are phasing them out regardless of quality of music

unless ur talking about paying 9.99 per album instead of per month for AM which is just silly
I still buy albums when they’re worthy of it
Keep thinking u got unlimited access
Gonna be a day when they start switching stuff up
Probably in the terms of use somewhere
Mind u I have Apple Music and Spotify
But some artists I will forever buy physicals for
That’s just plain and simple

Game is so corny. All these beefs and then kissing and making up all the time. He’s wack.

Wild corny. He was a clown on level 500 with that fabricated “beef”. Literally made up a Beef with Meek to promote an album. And he chose meek because meek was at his low point in likeability coming off the drake beef...but still a popular figure.

Never forget this ***** game photoshopping fake call logs, doing a voice over on a Snap video pretending to be video recording on meek’s block from a car, and going to Geno’s at 7am and posting a pick like he was in north Philly :smh: :lol:.

BF7B7DB1-2543-4ECA-BD13-B7F6E61A6800.jpeg

This doesn’t make sense to me , so doesn’t it make sense to put less songs on your album. If you Put 7 songs , it’s likely that those all will get played over and over 1500 times?

For example , I’ve listened to each song on Push album wayyy more than each/any song on Travis, Wayne, etc.

but you only have those 7 tracks to choose from under that title, let's say you like 7 tracks off that 45 track Chris Brown album
that you stream over and over, another person likes a different 7 from that same album that they spin over and over and another
has a different 7, that's 21 tracks getting spins that count towards one title whereas Pusha's 7 track album has little room for error Chris Brown's can host a ton of throwaways and still do fine

The good commercial performance of the album was based on the streaming, as explained by Forbes

“ With 45 songs on its tracklist, Heartbreak on a Full Moon stands to collect quite a hefty sum in regards to streaming equivalent albums. Instead of 150 people listening to a 10-song record all the way through counting as one, Brown only requires about 33 people to hang on through the entire project. That’s asking a lot, but it’s not out of the question. Between his biggest fans and those who will put the piece on and let it fade into the background, it’s highly possible that many thousands of people will stream the album in full, and those numbers will add up quickly.[55][56]

https://www.vulture.com/2017/10/why-does-chris-browns-new-album-have-45-songs.html
https://www.riaa.com/riaa-debuts-album-award-streams/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom