Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

50 is a wild, boy. I remember hearing this like

':emoji_thinking: Alright then.'

Great song, though.:lol:

The story is that Supreme and 50 would have sitdowns and 50 would be real nonchalant like yeah "I'll leave ja alone" then leave the meeting and keep dissing him which led to him getting hit 9 times. Son ain't give a ****. He beefed with real kingpins, rap _'s was nothing to him.

If someone woulda just helped 50 manage his music career better smh, he would still be out here flourishing

The story is that Supreme and 50 would have sitdowns and 50 would be real nonchalant like yeah "I'll leave ja alone" then leave the meeting and keep dissing him which led to him getting hit 9 times. Son ain't give a ****. He beefed with real kingpins, rap _'s was nothing to him.
That's why I'll always respect 50 and his rise. He really didn't give a ****, it wasn't just for show. So much fallout from a lot of decisions 50 made.

This ‘King of R&B’ debate should lead to some good *** albums next year with all the artists in the debate

Common is a better rapper than 3k, has classic albums and classic songs. A hip-hop staple since the early 90s and is still getting accolades till this day.

He should have inclusion in the GOAT convo, not 3k.

“Hey Ya” and “Da Art of Storytellin” are cool, but they’re not “I Used to Love H.E.R.” or “The Light”

The fact that we have a chance makes my loins tingle

they have a huge thread on KTT mad about this dude :lol: and apparently he was ******* w her when he was like 20 and got outta prison for his rape case and she was like 16

its wild how the universe works shorty been all around the world and still gon end up w the hood ***** she ****** w in high school lol

its wild how the universe works shorty been all around the world and still gon end up w the hood ***** she ****ed w in high school lol

Yeah but this ain't just some regular around the way dude tho, they saying bruh name ring bells in Queens.

If he ain't have "status" she prolly wouldn't be so proud. Thats why she tryna throw up blood and **** now :lol:

Common is a better rapper than 3k, has classic albums and classic songs. A hip-hop staple since the early 90s and is still getting accolades till this day.

He should have inclusion in the GOAT convo, not 3k.

“Hey Ya” and “Da Art of Storytellin” are cool, but they’re not “I Used to Love H.E.R.” or “The Light”

Both are in my personal top 10

To the dudes that keep saying he's doing Suga Free's style.

Artemus himself is saying he’s doing Suga Free style :lol: He said he think Suga Free is the most influential artist today for young LA rappers.

His argument seems to be they not doing it well enough/doing it justice. Hence him saying they copying but not “incorporating his spirit”.

Artemus himself is saying he’s doing Suga Free style :lol: He said he think Suga Free is the most influential artist today for young LA rappers.

His argument seems to be they not doing it well enough/doing it justice. Hence him saying they copying but not “incorporating his spirit”.

Whether he's doing Suga Free's style or not ain't what I'm saying. :lol:

Dudes gotta stop defending this trash by saying "He's doing Suga Free style...".

He's doing a terrible impression of Suga free. Desiigner was doing Futures style and he was a sh**ty impression of him.

Doing a few duo albums is way different than a solo album. Doesn’t mean I think Andre couldn’t do a solo but the fact that he never did one after 20+ is an issue in my rankings. The one time he did his “solo” he didn’t rap. Why is that? He gotta be scared cause there’s no other reason why he not rapping

Whether he's doing Suga Free's style or not ain't what I'm saying. :lol:

Dudes gotta stop defending this trash by saying "He's doing Suga Free style...".

He's doing a terrible impression of Suga free. Desiigner was doing Futures style and he was a sh**ty impression of him.

Couple pages back you said he sound nothing like Suga Free tho :lol:

I wasn’t tryna defend bruh, my point was it’s all relative. Suga Free is polarizing for a lot of ppl so it makes since somebody copying him would be just as divisive.

Once or twice a year Free goes viral on twitter and 90% of the people are laughing and talking about how trash he is

Couple pages back you said he sound nothing like Suga Free tho :lol:

I wasn’t tryna defend bruh, my point was it’s all relative. Suga Free is polarizing for a lot of ppl so it makes since somebody copying him would be just as divisive.

Once or twice a year Free goes viral on twitter and 90% of the people are laughing and talking about how trash he is

Because he don't. Sounding like somebody and attempting to do their style is 2 different things. His voice sounds nothing like Suga Free's. :lol:

I can't rock with this "it's all relative" when it's blatantly obvious somebody is bad like the blueface dude. Gorilla Black, Desiigner, NOE they actually sounded like other people but it ain't relative that they're lacking. I'm just not with this new "let the new rappers cook, it's ok they're bad" way of thinking.

Because he don't. Sounding like somebody and attempting to do their style is 2 different things. His voice sounds nothing like Suga Free's. :lol:

I can't rock with this "it's all relative" when it's blatantly obvious somebody is bad like the blueface dude. Gorilla Black, Desiigner, NOE they actually sounded like other people but it ain't relative that they're lacking. I'm just not with this new "let the new rappers cook, it's ok they're bad" way of thinking.

These are all terrible examples bruh. Gorilla Black and NOE sounded like legendary Mount Rushmore rappers. The other _ is copying basically one of his current peers in the industry. Suga Free on the other hand is literally a joke for a lot of non-West Coast or younger people.

We talking bout music my _, saying somebody is "obviously bad" means literally nothing in this context. To a lot people Suga Free is obviously bad (my point) which is why he goes viral all the time

Edit: you got it bruh :lol:

Last edited:
Doing a few duo albums is way different than a solo album. Doesn’t mean I think Andre couldn’t do a solo but the fact that he never did one after 20+ is an issue in my rankings. The one time he did his “solo” he didn’t rap. Why is that? He gotta be scared cause there’s no other reason why he not rapping

It’s pretty common for people in groups to use their solo efforts to experiment with stuff they didn’t get to really expand on in the group.

SB/TLB are real solos. They both recorded them separately and they were originally gonna release them separately.

This ‘King of R&B’ debate should lead to some good *** albums next year with all the artists in the debate
:lol:
yeah ok
keep telling urself that
unless trey goes back into anticipation 1 and 2 bag
the dream gets back to his love trilogy bag
jd locks usher in his studio basement
and tank gets SERIOUS
aint no way

These are all terrible examples bruh. Gorilla Black and NOE sounded like legendary Mount Rushmore rappers. The other _ is copying basically one of his current peers in the industry. Suga Free on the other hand is literally a joke for a lot of non-West Coast people.

We talking bout music my _, saying somebody is "obviously bad" means literally nothing in this context. To a lot people Suga Free is obviously bad (which was my point) which is why he goes viral all the time

Edit: you got it bruh :lol:

My point was that it's a lazy comparison. He does not SOUND like Suga Free. Even if folks don't like Suga Free it's still a skill to what he does. blueface displays none of that.

going back and forth about a blueface :smh: :lol:

blueface gon surprise yall when he put together a real album.

a lot of folks thought YG was toot it and boot it until MKL if they aint hear the just red ups.

@P C H What you heard about the Nip altercation? All the footage is trash but somebody jumped over the gate and slapped one of them eses.

Lol I’m sure YG hates the words toot it and boot it. Even if he made a lot of money from it.

That single definitely held him back.

I wonder what would’ve happened with Wale’s career had he not been intruded to the masses with Chillin?

I also got into a debate with my homies the day meek album dropped about who was the better artist Wale or Meek. Wale initially had bigger singles but Meek had the hood and the impact on actual hip hop. I think Championships May have been the final nail in the coffin for who is bigger.

Back
Top Bottom