Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Nothing major. Fight broke out after the club. Looked some eses was tripping, but from the footage they was outnumbered by crips.
IDK how you can't have trash footage is 2018.

I prefer Wale’s music over Meek’s, but the comparison between their careers is night and day at this point.

Wale makes quality music, but son is too impressed with himself. More times than none, he’s ranting about not being a bigger artist in the game rather than speaking only on his music. He’s displeased with where he’s at, and often chooses to throw a hissie fit rather than staying low and improving. People will quickly write off an arrogant ************, regardless of how talented they are. But a person who is willing to humble themselves, especially in the public eye, will always have favor. Case in point, Meek Mill.

Three summers ago, this ***** was getting made fun of by everybody. He could have easily gotten on the super defensive and fire off rant after rant. But he took the L (and another, and another...) and focused on his craft. Now this ***** is back to selling 200K+ the first week. Wale moved 15K with his last effort.

I love Wale’s music, and listen to son way more than I listen to Meek, but he’s one of those cats who makes it hard for people to be a fan.

I don’t rock with Cole too tough, but he hit the nail on the head when he barred that ***** up with:

I got a homie, he a rapper and he wanna win bad
He want the fame, the acclaim, the respect that's been had
By all the legends, so every time I see him, he stressin'
Talkin' 'bout, ****** don't **** with him, this **** is depressin'
And I know he so bitter he can't see his own blessings
Goddamn, *****, you too blind to see you got fans, *****
And a platform to make a classic rap song
To change a *****'s life, but you too anxious livin' life
Always worried 'bout the critics who ain't ever ****in' did it
I write what's in my heart, don't give a **** who ****in' with it

If we're knocking 3000 for not having a solo rap album...are we also saying Black Thought doesn't belong on the pantheon of rappers?

Because if so....

Thought has two solo tapes out and there’s a handful of Roots albums where he’s the only rapper in the group

Wale ruined his own career by constantly bringing attention to the narrative that he isnt as big as Drake or Cole.

whether true or not you dont see Tyler, Sean, etc constantly whining about that

He's given people amo to clown him. It's good to want more but he reaches insecure levels.

Since he seems to be brought up every few days
1522DD97-356B-4440-A66E-35E2920C1CE4.jpeg

I'm not caught up. Is Wale slander occuring?

Dude is just a broad. I used to think he was just soft in regards to his music but dide is just hurt in all areas

Listened to this Deadlocs **** to see if you all were trolling.

It’s trash, as expected...

but “don’t chase me ***** chase your dreams” is a bar. :lol:

Meek never had the initial hate that Wale had. Wale could be as low as he wants, releasing no music, and people will bring him up randomly for no reason other than its the running gag.

Nobody forces him to act like a broad. He didn't have to response to that tweet in his broadish manner. He deserves it because he brings it on himself.

A lot of dudes out here act like “Wale” though...

Some dudes y’all champion...

He don’t got Ye discography which is why it didn’t work for him.

Shenanigans aside its really not acknowledged how good Ye’s music actually was until a certain point for him to get away with what he has gotten away with over the past 15 years throwing tantrums and ****.

Wale don’t have a Spaceship or Touch The sky or Can’t Tell Me nothing to act like that

Listened to this Deadlocs **** to see if you all were trolling.

It’s trash, as expected...

but “don’t chase me ***** chase your dreams” is a bar. :lol:

He just need a Dre or Mustard to guide eem.

He has “something” its just untamed rn and he letting it meme him to the top.

His antics help keep the gag running.

I remember watching homie on everyday struggle. Arguing with Aka****ingdemiks about being “cooler” than him was some of the most cringeworthy **** I’ve seen. And I liked Shine. But got damn, *****. Move better.

Back
Top Bottom