Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Meanwhile it's only a matter of time before he posts another one of these zesty create-a-rapper crooning *** trap *****s that all sound exactly the same. Talking about how we don't feel it cause we don't "understand the lingo" or "be in the trenches".

Not today
tenor.gif
God forbid we show love to ****** keeping the craft alive, cause we know good and got damn well their not getting coverage anywhere except Dead End Hip Hop

EDIT: forgot Okayplayer and UGHH

i like lyrical rap
but sometimes yall be hyping up ****** doing their best impression of the 90’s and 00’s just because of the context of them being surrounded by highlighter dreads “vibe rappers”

i’d rather new artist to be lyrical and push **** sound wise...a project like Acid Rap or Smino’s last album or Earl last album

Meanwhile it's only a matter of time before he posts another one of these zesty create-a-rapper crooning *** trap *****s that all sound exactly the same. Talking about how we don't feel it cause we don't "understand the lingo" or "be in the trenches".

Not today
tenor.gif

Post more lil Gerber

Lil Tjay >>>>> them buffalo *****s doing rehashed, tired, golden era impressions :lol:. For real. I know there’s a market for it....but I gave Conway, Benny & Gunn a true ear. It ain’t it. I’d rather listen to bodega bamz or some ****. But anyway...

:pimp:

Lil Tjay >>>>> them buffalo *****s doing rehashed, tired, golden era impressions :lol:. For real. I know there’s a market for it....but I gave Conway, Benny & Gunn a true ear. It ain’t it. I’d rather listen to bodega bamz or some ****. But anyway...

Same look.....check.
Same content....check.
Same cadences....check.
Same flows....check.
Same tired *** trap loops...check.

I really don't know how you do it.
kanye-gif.gif

a boogie must be the up north lil baby w how effortlessly this man just swiped his aura

i swear its some ****** ****** dont even care about copying :lol:

Same look.....check.
Same content....check.
Same cadences....check.
Same flows....check.
Same tired *** trap loops...check.

I really don't know how you do it.
kanye-gif.gif

Those check marks apply to Literally Every single wave in hip hop since it’s inception :pimp:. Genres & sub genres.

Y’all will see it one day. Again, a TRUE lyricist who isn’t rehashing and just spitting right now is Noveliss....but that ***** and CSF missed the boat :smh:.

i like lyrical rap
but sometimes yall be hyping up *****s doing their best impression of the 90’s and 00’s just because of the context of them being surrounded by highlighter dreads “vibe rappers”

i’d rather new artist to be lyrical and push **** sound wise...a project like Acid Rap or Smino’s last album or Earl last album

There's still the actual craft of R-A-P-P-I-N-G. involved.

Even if they're doing "impressions"....there's a skillset in the actual craft of rapping being displayed. It's more than a "vibe" or a "feeling" you get from hearing these crooning *** trap weirdos

a boogie must be the up north lil baby w how effortlessly this man just swiped his aura

i swear its some *****s *****s dont even care about copying :lol:

Oh A Boogie is highly influential and to me, underrated. Roddy Ricch doesn’t pop if A Boogie doesn’t light the flame. Sonically, A Boogie only sounded like Dej Loaf. But he was bringing new **** to the table combined with contemporary ****.

Those check marks apply to Literally Every single wave in hip hop since it’s inception :pimp:. Genres & sub genres.

Y’all will see it one day. Again, a TRUE lyricist who isn’t rehashing and just spitting right now is Noveliss....but that ***** and CSF missed the boat :smh:.

What does Clear Soul Forces rap about that so ground breaking that we never heard it before? Substansial was doing the same **** Noveliss is doing now back in 2001. Not knock on them either cause I am a fan but its nothing I haven't heard before

EDIT: ALL OF THOSE ****** ARE NATIVE TONGUE decedents

What does Clear Soul Forces rap about that so ground breaking that we never heard it before? Substansial was doing the same **** Noveliss is doing now back in 2001. Not knock on them either cause I am a fan but its nothing I haven't heard before

EDIT: ALL OF THOSE *****S ARE NATIVE TONGUE decedents

There’s no better newer, technical rapper than Noveliss out right now.

VARNELL HILL VARNELL HILL "be in the trenches" :rofl: :rofl:

***** DO be out here though. And the **** i hear when I go back around the way...is what ***** actually listen to and relate to that a certain segment of NT hates :lol:. Don’t get it twisted fr.

There’s a lot of good music out here. Just because I don’t feel the Griselda cats does not mean I don’t know or listen to a certain type of rap. For me, THEY don’t do if. I heard it before...and there’s nothing at all interesting or novel that moves me. I got them bars plentiful in the mid 00s from better cats that’s lesser known or as acclaimed.

Like, ***** will pit a Conway vs a lil Pump when that’s not what I’m getting at, at all. But I see it...and I feed into it :lol:.

Damn didn’t mean to turn this into a **** on Wale conversation.

I actually really want Wale to win (he Nigerian, a Niketalker, and he from D, all of which means a lot to me).

I was literally just surprised that Meek became the bigger and possibly better artist overall even after losing the drake beef. Meeks impact is only getting bigger (and dreams and nightmares is already one of the biggest rap songs in the last decade). Now he’s got political reform on his side and can make songs like Trauma that have an emotional connection fans really empathize.

I’ve always thought wale was the second most talented dude behind Ross in MMG but the social media bs has turned off even some of his diehard fans like myself. I’ve never wanted someone to win and shut up at the exact same time so much in my life.

Ironically I feel like if Wale doesn’t take a Budden like approach and get into other forms of entertainment he will be forgotten.

Meek stunted his peak with the Drake beef. Thats never coming back. The most talked thing from his album was Jay-Z's verse. Dude got Dear Summer'd.

This reminds me of when everyone was hyping up Big Sean to be in this gens top tier a couple years back. Dropped his album to a resounding "nah".

Meek stunted his peak with the Drake beef. Thats never coming back. The most talked thing from his album was Jay-Z's verse. Dude got Dear Summer'd.

This reminds me of when everyone was hyping up Big Sean to be in this gens top tier a couple years back. Dropped his album to a resounding "nah".

Big Sean did it to himself. He wanted to stick to the commercial route in an era where you don't have to do that anymore. He has the lyrical capabilities to be at the top but he chooses to dumb his **** down and make collaboration projects with Jhene. In a sense, he's the new Fab.

:lol: at Griselda doing impressions when all these rappers posted are literally all copying each other

People still don’t seem to get the difference of being influenced by and paying homage to vs straight up copying. GxFR are clearly influenced by dudes like G Rap, Wu, Nas, etc. Big Krit is clearly influenced by UGK, OutKast, and 8Ball/MJG. Point in any direction and you’ll see guys literally copying Future, from content, to delivery, all the way down to knockoff Metro/TM88/Southside beats. Logic, bless his heart, he means well, but he basically hijacked the entire styles of Drake, Kendrick, and J.Cole, fused them together and rapped about being biracial. To brush off the whole GxFR camp as been there done that is kinda silly when nobody is bringing that energy and restoring that grimey lyrical rap like them, production included.

What’s Free isn’t even the best song on there. Championships and Oodles >>> What’s Free.

Westside Gun and Conway are boring to me. Westside Gun sound like a _ impersonating Ghost, Conway is cool but nothing crazy. Benny the only one that stand out to me. His bars, his delivery is way better and dude rap with a arrogance that I **** with.

There’s no better newer, technical rapper than Noveliss out right now.

***** DO be out here though. And the **** i hear when I go back around the way...is what ***** actually listen to and relate to that a certain segment of NT hates :lol:. Don’t get it twisted fr.

There’s a lot of good music out here. Just because I don’t feel the Griselda cats does not mean I don’t know or listen to a certain type of rap. For me, THEY don’t do if. I heard it before...and there’s nothing at all interesting or novel that moves me. I got them bars plentiful in the mid 00s from better cats that’s lesser known or as acclaimed.

Like, ***** will pit a Conway vs a lil Pump when that’s not what I’m getting at, at all. But I see it...and I feed into it :lol:.

I don't even hate all of this ****. At the end of the day it's black music...so I can always identify the art in all of it.

It's just a difference when we talking rapping vs something else. Like that's a whole art form thats separate from music. That's why that battle **** is a market right now. Everyone CAN'T rap. You can tell me that Griselda is a re-hash stylistically of 90's hip-hop. What you can't tell me is that them ****** can't rap tho. It's alot harder to copy that type of **** than it is to flip the trap croon genre right now :lol:. All you need is Fruity Loops to pull off a pretty damn good replica.

I see you ****** say it yourselves all the time. When ya'll be quoting these basic *** lines from Future and the rest...it's because of how it made you "feel". Not necessarily for the words in a vacuum. That type of rapping isn't governed by the same rules. So today...when a ***** come along that can rap...that's who we acknowledge as the "best". Drake wasn't trap crooning when he finessed his way into the top spot. The singing **** helped...but he had to RAP a certain way to fool everyone into being "the" guy.

Back
Top Bottom