Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I rewatch the Sopranos every 2 years. One of the best shows of all time save for the ending. :smh:

@iamdef
Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius
a blinkin a blinkin

My sincerest apologies for writing off that Yella Beezy > Lil Baby convo.. finally got around to running ANGB on this road trip to Houston :sick: this whole joint ride :pimp:

He’s clearly getting better with his craft.. & while I won’t say he the better artist, this tape def better than Baby latest project.

My man. :smokin

Ran back Nothing Was The Same at work today. Tuscan Leather was really the one on there.

I still have never listened to NWTS now that I think about it... Take Care in its entirety either.

One of the best shows of all time
coulda been us fam
coulda been us
14AF512A-33FD-44CF-840B-0C84F1F545EC.gif

I don't even hate all of this ****. At the end of the day it's black music...so I can always identify the art in all of it.

It's just a difference when we talking rapping vs something else. Like that's a whole art form thats separate from music. That's why that battle **** is a market right now. Everyone CAN'T rap. You can tell me that Griselda is a re-hash stylistically of 90's hip-hop. What you can't tell me is that them *****s can't rap tho. It's alot harder to copy that type of **** than it is to flip the trap croon genre right now :lol:. All you need is Fruity Loops to pull off a pretty damn good replica.

I see you *****s say it yourselves all the time. When ya'll be quoting these basic *** lines from Future and the rest...it's because of how it made you "feel". Not necessarily for the words in a vacuum. That type of rapping isn't governed by the same rules. So today...when a ***** come along that can rap...that's who we acknowledge as the "best". Drake wasn't trap crooning when he finessed his way into the top spot. The singing **** helped...but he had to RAP a certain way to fool everyone into being "the" guy.

that **** about drake is true and it will be interesting to see who is chosen as the next guy (mainstream king thats still considered lyrical) is out of the Kodak/Youngboy/Lanez/Baby circle vs. the Smino/Chance/Cordae circle

something I found interesting about Baby is that he said 3 Stacks was his favorite rapper and he said lately he been going back thru the history of rap and seeing where each went wrong and tryna get better at the traditional ****. I wanna see how he develops...for him to essentially just have been going int he studio and ****ing around up until this point is impressive for what he’s been able to articulate

Back
Top Bottom