Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Yeah I never really followed him like that back then, I’ve seen him talk music before but the Cardi/Offset **** look weird to me in the midst of all the other **** on his timeline :lol:

Edit: this situation is taking on a bigger convo about male/female relationship dynamics, expectations etc so I guess that’s actually pretty on brand for him lol

Yeah he started off doing relationship books and podcasts. He talks about serious stuff and silly topics.

N**** please. Michael Jackson definitely wore that same **** in the Remember the Time video. :lol:

0f410fe6dba41c6651df322ba21490c8.617x837x1.png

Yeah I feel that, fasho. Some of the best lyricists to ever touch a mic fall in that category too and thats cool

I think being in the south, with the car culture plus the amount of time we spend in cars in general kinda makes us lean more into a certain type of sound/production by default

The car test is vital! There's plenty of songs I'll listen to on my headphones and fist thought is "Can't wait to get in the whip and play this joint"

What other conclusion am I supposed to draw from that when his first response was "metaphors"? I've also heard plenty of people **** on rappers with that "ride around the car with your girl" comment as determent to MC's both regardless of their background or race. Whether you or me or anyone else knows anybody that relates to his subject matter is irrelevant since he never mentioned actual subject matter.

Dudes skill is undeniable, everything else is just opinions, if I relate to someone's story or content they'll stay with me longer than others but if you nice you nice

I have no problem and agree with some of what you said. I just refuse to only keep the standard he set (in his opinion) to just Em. "Good music" is probably different to everyone, I'm just not a fan of downing someone because their tracks dont make people dance or their songs are one dimensional. I personally enjoy lyrical exercise, others may not and that is OK

Similar to what @str8drop said, I took it as him dissing him for the entertainment factor more than the lyrical factor.

Similar to what @str8drop said, I took it as him dissing him for the entertainment factor more than the lyrical factor.
I took it as him giving anyone the side eye who rides around in their car listening to what he views as metaphors. That's his and many others opinions as sad as it sounds

Not that I even give a ****, but I popped onto twitter and apparently blue check people were saying that dude barging his way on stage like that was toxic and may be a sign that he was abusive. I dont agree what so ever but that was all over twitter when it happened, probably why the Tariq guy was responding

A bit off topic, but has anyone in this thread been to Dusse Palooza? Rory’s people n’nem’s party.

Going to be in NYC this weekend. Trying to see if it’s worth checking out. I don’t drink Dusse or other brown liquor if that matters. :lol:

A bit off topic, but has anyone in this thread been to Dusse Palooza? Rory’s people n’nem’s party.

Going to be in NYC this weekend. Trying to see if it’s worth checking out. I don’t drink Dusse or other brown liquor if that matters. :lol:
u never hit me when u came out here :nerd:

My bad fam. Had to change the plan. One of my friends back potnas passed away so I gotta go back to NY for the weekend instead of Cali. Definitely gonna keep you posted next time I make it out there. Should be within a month or two.

I don’t want to hear Royce diss Tory. Their fan bases are so different, it ain’t fair. Tory’s fans wouldn’t understand the diss and Royce’s fans wouldn’t know who Tory is.

Brown >>> white

MJ one of the goats, wore that **** in a video. Offset has no talent, he can scram and go suck a ****

I've been a few times from back when they were "HennyPalooza". Its cool but I feel like they might have grown too big for their own good (more crowded venues = more time spent at the bars trying to grab a drink). Before, the events were much smaller and "intimate". Now they be having them at Coney Island and Hammerstein Ballroom which takes away that feeling I enjoyed.

Lately I've only been going to their events OT (Atlanta / DC). Actually ran into Rory at the ATL event in May and he came off as a pretty cool/humble dude.

Back
Top Bottom