Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

These boys really think that junkie look is cool. Weird times.

Enhhh... being a junky been with musicians since ragtime/jazz era. All them cats was on heroin and other drugs.

Just nowadays, these cats ain’t got the same talent those dudes had. Junkies and addicts are here to stay. Just gotta have empathy dawg

Coltrane, Miles Davis, Jimmy Hendrix, Chaka Kahn, Cannonball Adderly, etc all junkies

Enhhh... being a junky been with musicians since ragtime/jazz era. All them cats was on heroin and other drugs.

Just nowadays, these cats ain’t got the same talent those dudes had. Junkies and addicts are here to stay. Just gotta have empathy dawg

Coltrane, Miles Davis, Jimmy Hendrix, Chaka Kahn, Cannonball Adderly, etc all junkies

Unfortunately this is true, a lot of those dudes got wild drug stories too

Charlie Parker actually passed out in a hotel lobby w a lit cigarette and started a fire, and I don’t even think that’s his craziest heroin story

Edit: It’s honestly amazing what he was doing tho. Bruh was a full on junkie but somehow still played at levels that a lot of people had never seen before in Jazz

It ain't the same. It was a lot of anti-drug songs in different era's. There was more balance. Even the ones that had drug problems would talk about both sides of it.

Nowadays if you talk about how drugs is turning _'s into zombies you get called a hater and "Let them cook" and "bu bu but Rick James did drugs too". Silly _'s got offended by J Coles album. :lol: :smh:

Nowadays if you talk about how drugs is turning _'s into zombies you get called a hater and "Let them cook" and "bu bu but Rick James did drugs too". Silly _'s got offended by J Coles album. :lol: :smh:

I get what you are saying but you're exaggerating a bit. Sure there are some people who react the way you describe but there's plenty who react just the way you did. More people praised KOD than there were that were offended by it.

Y'all gotta stop these kinda exaggerations

I get what you are saying but you're exaggerating a bit. Sure there are some people who react the way you describe but there's plenty who react just the way you did. More people praised KOD than there were that were offended by it.

Y'all gotta stop these kinda exaggerations

We know that it's a lot of people that will defend this pudgy zombie lookin culture. It shouldn't be no push back when somebody is saying "Aye bruh this **** is killin ya'll". The only logical response is to say they're addicts and need real help.

All them other responses people give is BS and deflecting.

We know that it's a lot of people that will defend this pudgy zombie lookin culture. It shouldn't be no push back when somebody is saying "Aye bruh this **** is killin ya'll".

But there will always be pushback. There's always gonna be that dude who thinks they can handle it or that doesn't care and wants to live life to the fullest.

We gotta learn that we can only offer up information and it's on that person to make some changes. It sucks and hurts to see our people hurting or killing themselves or each other but we gotta understand we cannot MAKE somebody do better. You can lead a horse to water....

I've been saying for years up here, I don't know anyone who plays Em like that. Most people I know can't relate to his subject matter.

I only hear about him online, and with people of the lighter persuasion.

I think it's more than Gucci saying you play Em in your car, as if you don't play lyrical rappers in their cars.
What other conclusion am I supposed to draw from that when his first response was "metaphors"? I've also heard plenty of people **** on rappers with that "ride around the car with your girl" comment as determent to MC's both regardless of their background or race. Whether you or me or anyone else knows anybody that relates to his subject matter is irrelevant since he never mentioned actual subject matter.

Dudes skill is undeniable, everything else is just opinions, if I relate to someone's story or content they'll stay with me longer than others but if you nice you nice

What other conclusion am I supposed to draw from that when his first response was "metaphors"? I've also heard plenty of people **** on rappers with that "ride around the car with your girl" comment as determent to MC's both regardless of their background or race. Whether you or me or anyone else knows anybody that relates to his subject matter is irrelevant since he never mentioned actual subject matter.

Dudes skill is undeniable, everything else is just opinions, if I relate to someone's story or content they'll stay with me longer than others but if you nice you nice

He said “just metaphors? Just goin in?” I took it as him saying all he offering (in his opinion) is just straight lyrics at the expense of everything else (which is fine if that’s what you like). Good bars all out but not necessarily “good music”

Eminem to me is somebody you listen to when you want just veggies and veggies only. Overall song making, beats, hooks etc isn’t really his strong suit to me, other ppl might feel differently

The people I hold in the highest regard are the _’s who can give me veggies AND dessert, the jays, Nas etc. The bars are there but the overall songs are there too

He said “just metaphors? Just goin in?” I took it as him saying all he offering (in his opinion) is just straight lyrics at the expense of everything else (which is fine if that’s what you like). Good bars all out but not necessarily “good music”

Eminem to me is somebody you listen to when you want just veggies and veggies only. Overall song making, beats, hooks etc isn’t really his strong suit to me, other ppl might feel differently

The people I hold in the highest regard are the _’s who can give me veggies AND dessert, the jays, Nas etc. The bars are there but the overall songs are there too
I have no problem and agree with some of what you said. I just refuse to only keep the standard he set (in his opinion) to just Em. "Good music" is probably different to everyone, I'm just not a fan of downing someone because their tracks dont make people dance or their songs are one dimensional. I personally enjoy lyrical exercise, others may not and that is OK

I have no problem and agree with some of what you said. I just refuse to only keep the standard he set (in his opinion) to just Em. "Good music" is probably different to everyone, I'm just not a fan of downing someone because their tracks dont make people dance or their songs are one dimensional. I personally enjoy lyrical exercise, others may not and that is OK

Yeah I feel that, fasho. Some of the best lyricists to ever touch a mic fall in that category too and thats cool

I think being in the south, with the car culture plus the amount of time we spend in cars in general kinda makes us lean more into a certain type of sound/production by default

Tariq been talking about music and entertainment since his old podcast days.

Yeah I never really followed him like that back then, I’ve seen him talk music before but the Cardi/Offset **** look weird to me in the midst of all the other **** on his timeline :lol:

Edit: this situation is taking on a bigger convo about male/female relationship dynamics, expectations etc so I guess that’s actually pretty on brand for him lol

2A79DA13-DF1A-4DBB-A312-748CCD856A79.gif

Back
Top Bottom