Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I never got this. Like are Nas and AZ not the same *****? Why do people expect *****s from the same era, same neighborhood, same clique to look/sound different?

Nah, Nas is more political rapper than AZ. Even if Nas and AZ was the same _ both of 'em are great at what they do. Wu Tang came from the same crew and all them _'s got a different style.

Too many of these new _'s ain't even trying to put effort into it. It's just "ok that's poppin, that's easy to do let me jump in". Ain't bringing nothing new to the table. People can bump whatever they want buy Ima call it what is. I listen to Thug and Future a lot but I don't need to listen to 20 watered down versions of Thug and Future.

65C54FB2-15E8-4EA8-9F44-478FB6AE5EF5.jpeg

Hadn’t seen a Source mag in years and this is what I’ve been missing :rofl: :rofl:

was a huge fan of King Los but dude was never able to make a complete song homie was only good at freestyles or murdering other peoples beats

also at the time diddy was holding him back
Bruh, go listen to God, Money, War.

Go listen to the GOAT tape.

Go listen to Moor BARS :pimp:

Pretty much any of his last few projects.

I posted those freestyle vids just to be like fam still got it when it comes to that.

As far as Puff, low key he **** Bad Boy down after that Dirty Money run. Fam wanted to go out on a high note. I was waiting on another Bad Boy run but it is not coming. He content making money off of whoever still releasing music.

Basically handed the label to his sons so they can do w/e.

He got them from Puff. Los and Aasim were Puff's main in house writers after everyone jumped ship.

I wouldn't doubt he ghostwrites for other people either.

It's something about his voice also, it's indistinguishable. Unique voices help add to pitch and flow.
Aasim :smh:

Eventually dope rappers gotta stop rapping and get a real job.

Still look for Sha Stimuli :nerd:

Wale my dog. I pray he lets go of that hurt one day and just focuses on the music.

Daggum shame he can't realize there's so many artist that aren't in that spotlight that make a killing within they marketplace. Russ making bread and he's not mainstream.
Wale actin' like Nav, mad he not getting followed by the paparazzi

I don't know about all that, seems like he hates media obligations, just think he wants his skills/music to be recognized like his more respected peers.

Wale had a few missteps in the beginning of his career with Interscope which negatively effected his perception in the marketplace. But I feel like the most detrimental thing is his personality in interviews and on social media. He's become the woe is me guy, nobody wants to be around that guy, much less voluntarily listen to him.

Back
Top Bottom