Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The comparison you're tryna make isn't comparable. It's one thing to take inspiration from an artist, it's another thing to take their entire flow, cadence and melodies. Stop it.

none of what you said refutes my point...hell its even rumored he was making some of those melodies, flows, and cadences FOR Kanye at the time.

none of what you said refutes my point...hell its even rumored he was making some of those melodies, flows, and cadences FOR Kanye at the time.
You didn't make a point. Doesn't matter if he was his protoege. He still took his flow and cadence. And I'm not talking about just Kanye. I said Cudi as well

Kobe mirrored Jordans game and look how successful he was.

And no one in that camp is REMOTELY as big as Kendrick.
What does them being as big as Kendrick have to do with anything? Nothing at all. Being apart of the same camp isn't a valid excuse for taking a whole style

Try to get into Earl last few projects but even over Apollo Brown beats he just sounds so lifeless.
And if he sounds pumped he sounds like he’s struggling.

Try to get into Earl last few projects but even over Apollo Brown beats he just sounds so lifeless.
And if he sounds pumped he sounds like he’s struggling.

Listening to Earl's last project, that lo-fi joint was a struggle to get through. I didn't understand the acclaim

Man this yute talkin some ****. Crazy relatable right now

We used to break down 8balls, wishin we could get a ki
Was tryna duck that indictment, the feds did a sweep
I hope you grippin on your gun when them drillers creep

You got your life in your hands until you lose a case
So much potential in the lives these _s threw away

Listening to Earl's last project, that lo-fi joint was a struggle to get through. I didn't understand the acclaim
I mean Earl used to be dope and was always a little lazy with the flow but now it’s ridiculous and just sounds like mumbling. Even if he says something dope it’s so blah. Oh well maybe he’s going through a phase he’s still young but I remember hearing he doesn’t even want to do music anymore. That would make sense.

Sex recording the diss song as we speak

2919C71B-08E3-4FA0-88BC-00071F4F8793.gif

That matters none. Nobody from TDE remotely sounds the same.

has kendrick taken anyone under his wing in that clique? is anyone in the group considered to be kendrick protege? or are they all just a big group?? IE asap mob?

its just not the same. I wanted to use the Jordan/kobe reference but they didnt play on the same team, so the kawhi/duncan works fine. thats literally what you supposed to do man.

young thug-----> lil baby gunna etc? they all sound alike...didnt thug help them come up? that's who they supposed to sound like then...

The industry got so lazy with samples :smh:

But it’s kinda always been like this. The 20 year rule. This why all the damn remakes in movies and docs from the mid to late 90s been popping the last few years.

Wild

I just said this last week with the Trina sample, and then I heard another one. I don't think it's always been so blatant to this extent. They're just taking them and not even hiding it in the background. They're not changing anything at all

Back
Top Bottom