Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Idk man, Murphy Lee been on IG looking extra regular for a min now, ain’t like bro rich

Seem like he been makinh his money doing local club gigs for the past few years, at the end of the day he still gotta maneuver in those STL streets, Nelly don’t

So it make 100% sense he would still wanna maintain those relationships

Edit:still can’t really call it without knowing the full situation tho

Yeah of course we don't know both sides or the full story.

I think someone on NT said Murphy and his brother opened up a food or vape shop or something. I heard they regular as hell and mad down to earth.

Honestly it was hard to call with that nasal voice akin was singing with. Son way bigger than an artist now though. How you get Tpain and Gaga out the gate?

I still remember when this song came out I told me dad and brother Akon was going to be a huge star and they used to laugh at me and put there arms up like in the video and mockingly go "Loooocked up" to me. That **** stopped within 2 years :lol:
:lol:

Low key the father of the rise in popularity of singing on the hook in hip hop.

And I don’t wanna hear about no “NaTe DoGg DiD iT fIrSt.”

If you lookin’ for me, I’ll be on the block, with my thang cocked, possibly sittin’ on a drop now
5D1844F0-132F-48F1-9832-832E48175378.png

Last edited:
how you call someone the father of something and then the next sentence admit that someone else did it first and better :rofl::rofl:
With Nate, you associated it with G-Funk and the West only.

Akon made it a national trend.
6BF251B9-481A-4AA4-9C0D-045BD3D80D23.png

Mfers been singing on rap hooks since its inception. I guess he never heard LL’s “around the way girl” :lol:
FC5764E1-2FB0-4A17-9345-9F32040B2B4C.png
Here you go with your selective reading again vol. 382828728181. :lol:

I SPECIFICALLY worded him as the father of THE RISE IN POPULARITY of it, not the originator.

Go stand in front of one of these
3F219949-C26F-48C9-972A-5522EC80DC9C.jpeg

before you address me again.

With Nate, you associated it with G-Funk and the West only.

Akon made it a national trend.
6BF251B9-481A-4AA4-9C0D-045BD3D80D23.png

FC5764E1-2FB0-4A17-9345-9F32040B2B4C.png
Here you go with your selective reading again vol. 382828728181. :lol:

I SPECIFICALLY worded him as the father of THE RISE IN POPULARITY of it, not the originator.

Go stand in front of one of these
3F219949-C26F-48C9-972A-5522EC80DC9C.jpeg

before you address me again.

How is it going to RISE in popularity, if it’s already been popular since the 1980s??? And Akon emerged in 2004. Do you understand how IDIOTIC that sounded??? Now you’re trying to explain yourself :lol: :rofl: :lol:

We don’t use fans ‘roun here. We got central air. That dew piping :pimp:

Double posting, huh? :lol:
0302F6ED-6A8D-4CB4-BE95-779858F36371.gif

Just cause Nate did hooks for east coast artists =/= NOT associating that with the G-Funk regional sound.

I still think Murphy Lee could have blown if he got the right single.

*a better second single. The first single was everything it was supposed to be — catchy and clever with a good beat. The second single sucked and I’m sure no one even remembers it. And Shake Ya Tailfeather was already on the Bad Boys 2 soundtrack and had ran it’s course before it was put on his debut.

*a better second single. The first single was everything it was supposed to be — catchy and clever with a good beat. The second single sucked and I’m sure no one even remembers it. And Shake Ya Tailfeather was already on the Bad Boys 2 soundtrack and had ran it’s course before it was put on his debut.

The second single with jazze Pha was decent. Christina milian in the video looking delightful

Back
Top Bottom