Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Low key the father of the rise in popularity of singing on the hook in hip hop.

And I don’t wanna hear about no “NaTe DoGg DiD iT fIrSt.”

Only in NT will someone bring up the right answer to their wrong assumption.

Ja-Rule was singing on hooks before akon.

Nate dogg was doing hooks in the ATL before
“locked up “ was a demo.

Nate dogg was sought after for hooks
Fab, Fif , em, Jermaine dupri ... all post G-funk

Literally 10 years before Akon uttered a note on the radio

Free City was a good album, for real. I can still play majority of it today.

Murphy Lee’s album was garbage. They mishandled it. I thought both singles were weak as hell.

I remember the first time I saw Wat the Hook Gon Be on BET. I was befuddled.

Should have made Shake Ya Tailfeather HIS single. That probably would have changed his whole career. I wonder who made the decision to give that song to Puff cause that was a huge mistake.

Only in NT will someone bring up the right answer to their wrong assumption.

Ja-Rule was singing on hooks before akon.

Nate dogg was doing hooks in the ATL before
“locked up “ was a demo.

Nate dogg was sought after for hooks
Fab, Fif , em, Jermaine dupri ... all post G-funk

Literally 10 years before Akon uttered a note on the radio

Nate Dogg did the hook for a song with ******* Mos Def and Pharaoh Monch on it :lol:

Free City was a good album, for real. I can still play majority of it today.

Murphy Lee’s album was garbage. They mishandled it. I thought both singles were weak as hell.

I remember the first time I saw Wat the Hook Gon Be on BET. I was befuddled.
Like, if you're trying to get someone to their first hit...wouldn't having a catchy hook be kind of important.:lol:

It was just wild disappointing when that first dropped. That first single was trash.:frown:

Always felt like they just mishandled it.

After listening again...I **** with the beat and the verses are solid for a single. Murphy could spit, man.

This 'hook' tho.:sick::smh::lol:

It ain’t a bad song, the beat is cool. Makes you bounce but overall, that **** ain’t a single. If they rolled out Shake Ya Tailfeather as his first single with Nelly and Puff, he gets a different response.

Hold Up was his third single. That joint garbage, watching the video now. Whole album just a big error.

I remember the album went platinum and they said his sophomore album was in the works. Then that was it.

Now I'm going through this Murphy Lee album.:lol:

I feel like they still use Tailfeather for movies and sports. That song still comes up often, and I completely forgot Murphy Lee was on this.

EDIT: They probably thought throwing him on the song and attaching it to a blockbuster movie would work better. Not a bad concept, but I agree it should have just been his first single.

Speaking of hood singing _’s, I wanted Tim Vocals to do something sooo bad :lol:

In a different era bruh is viral as **** lol

Tim Vocals appreciation :pimp:. Thug & B. He was a few years before his time. Def woulda been on some viral ****, and somebody woulda threw him an ooop.

Who gonna do a backward jersey or the double headband this summer?

I already did the durag and fitted, **** was hilarious

Back
Top Bottom