@robtoofresco

of course u feel this way
ur not black
and u dislike black people
PLUS
u be snitching
watch out for him yall

real talk

Though Meek has always recognized upcoming talent, he was approaching Game BlackWallStreet status as far as actually getting behind and pushing guys.

Yep, he recognizes the wave but hasn't been able to benefit from it.

and frankly Meek doesn't have the best track record when it comes to dudes. He's the grim reaper.

Facts.

The sassy savage :lol:

Son is undeniable. Straight told shorty
“girl you cool but you know I can find a better you
Feelings ain’t changed but you might need something new
Maybe a better do
Louis Vuitton or Gabbana, Prada the better shoes ”
:lol: :smokin at this 5 foot n**** telling a joint she need to step her aesthetic game up.

That’s how you gotta talk to these h****s

Chief Keef fathered everybody.

Man there’s some smaller underground dudes like Key!, Reese, Yung Gleesh, Black Kray etc who all contributed a lot to the current trends but Keef is prolly all around the single biggest influence on this new gen (outside of like Gucci or somebody)

I’m talking beyond like Don’t Like and **** too. The music he did after his peak didn’t get a lot of mainstream love but ended up being very influential

Edit: semi related but the homie was at Rolling Loud Miami and the crowd barely even knew Keef music like that :lol: This **** turning over faster and faster it seem, Carti is like their Keef

Chief Keef fathered everybody.

I'm dead *** serious when I say there's going to be university lectures on the impact that he and that city had on international pop + youth culture. Obviously gangs have always existed, but you can make the argument that movement spread very particular elements of gang culture EVERYwhere. I remember Rhymefest wrote an article years ago where he referred to Chief Keef as a "CIA weapon", and while I won't go too deeply down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole (nor do I agree that he's an actual CIA weapon)...I understand exactly where he was coming from. The influence transcended music.

To be fair, Keef was 2012. That’s a solid 7 years ago. I’m of the belief that hip hop filters through a new batch of mainstream acts every 5 years or so because folks get older and new listeners enter into the arena. ****, I got invited to rolling loud and couldn’t imagine my 30 year old *** out there “raging” in Miami with 18 year olds all molly’d up listening to cats I’ve never heard of. :lol:

I'd take my 30 year old a** to rolling loud just for the atmostphere and the music would be entertaining I'm sure.

To be fair, Keef was 2012. That’s a solid 7 years ago. I’m of the belief that hip hop filters through a new batch of mainstream acts every 5 years or so because folks get older and new listeners enter into the arena. ****, I got invited to rolling loud and couldn’t imagine my 30 year old *** out there “raging” in Miami with 18 year olds all molly’d up listening to cats I’ve never heard of. :lol:

Not even trying to disrespect it but it's disposable music. This has been said before about alot of music of today and it just is what it is. It's not necessarily a negative connotation...it's just the music is grounded in an energy that's arrested in it's development. It's only meant to be consumed by a particular group in a window of time. Rinse and repeat.

Not even trying to disrespect it but it's disposable music. This has been said before about alot of music of today and it just is what it is. It's not necessarily a negative connotation...it's just the music is grounded in an energy that's arrested in it's development. It's only meant to be consumed by a particular group in a window of time. Rinse and repeat.

This can be said about the world, in general currently. But ironically, people only complain about music. Movies, music, fashion, sports, etc. and I agree, it’s not necessarily negative.

When I started hearing ESPN using hip hop songs as backdrops (they used Bone Thugs N Harmony music for the MLB all-star game in Cleveland).

Anchors using using buzzwords and sexual innuendos (they literally talk about the tinder app and swiping on ESPN) and on NBA TV, dudes wearing Jordan’s and whatnot.

Some cats don’t even be suited and booted on these shows anymore. I knew the world had changed.

A Grammy or Oscar holds no weight IMO. Nowadays. I look at some of these movies being made and think, 20 or 30 years ago, that’s a straight to TV movie.

A lot of these accolades and awards hold no weight because a) the quality of a lot of stuff has gone down and b) the judges ain’t even qualified to judge these things :lol:

Man there’s some smaller underground dudes like Key!, Reese, Yung Gleesh, Black Kray etc who all contributed a lot to the current trends but Keef is prolly all around the single biggest influence on this new gen (outside of like Gucci or somebody)

I’m talking beyond like Don’t Like and **** too. The music he did after his peak didn’t get a lot of mainstream love but ended up being very influential

Edit: semi related but the homie was at Rolling Loud Miami and the crowd barely even knew Keef music like that :lol: This **** turning over faster and faster it seem, Carti is like their Keef

This is why someone needs to do some type of documentary or acknowledgement of all the influences of this current wave before this **** inevitably switches

start from wayne, go to future, keef, thug, key! (a moment like this where people really know how much he influenced ****** would change his career), gleesh, etc.

i aint know ****** ****** with reeselaflare tho this was my **** in HS. smh. 130k views 6 years later :smh: i wonder why he never blew

I'm dead *** serious when I say there's going to be university lectures on the impact that he and that city had on international pop + youth culture. Obviously gangs have always existed, but you can make the argument that movement spread very particular elements of gang culture EVERYwhere. I remember Rhymefest wrote an article years ago where he referred to Chief Keef as a "CIA weapon", and while I won't go too deeply down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole (nor do I agree that he's an actual CIA weapon)...I understand exactly where he was coming from. The influence transcended music.

Sadly...no one will even remember the real time transformation unless u saw it happened and paid attention to it.

until u just brought that up...i didnt realize that thot, savage (s/o webbie tho), opp, catch em lacking, "gang gang" (white 30+ year old women will have this in their wedding pictures :lol:), the limp gang signs, and most importantly the aesthetic of 95% of rappers under 25 (the elimination of the video vixen lmao shirtless videos of ten ****** in one room in the trenches) all came from Keef/the drill movement.

it's lowkey surreal how much **** came from that moment. it kinda took us from still being on the late 2000's vibes to how the rap game is now.

Even the tay k/shmurda/melly dynamic where u got a kid under 20, blows and then the music accelerates the legal issues was started with keef.

Back
Top Bottom