Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Eh

It seems like a lot of those dudes had nice families and typical humble lower middle class or average two hardworking parents upbringing when u go back and watch these documentaries.

The main difference between then and now is the face tats and it literally looking like pro wrestling now.

Such as? Of the greats, which ones had lower middle class and decent upbringings?

It's funny people having an issue with Pac and Cube being ARTists. It just shows why they had the careers they have, they were artists. Going to private schools doesn't mean you're rich or not from the hood. I got cousins with kids going to private school, single mothers on section 8 in the hood.

You can have the best family in the world and still get caught up in ****, odds are even worst when you grow up in a rough neighborhood without many options. Love is cool and all but you still got to eat

Such as? Of the greats, which ones had lower middle class and decent upbringings?

Man every time you ever saw a rap documentary with the typical older black mom and dad. :lol:

I get it though. It ain't black and white to say someone that grew up in a quiet neighborhood or with both parents (or one parent who provided) is a *****.

Even someone like BIG, his mom said he was never poor. Black mothers work ******* hard :lol: :pimp: But not to discredit BIG's POV on anything, u can still be "around".

The perceptions of what certain people get away with and others don't is funny though. It's also relative to what you feel like is upper/middle/lower class.

It's funny people having an issue with Pac and Cube being ARTists. It just shows why they had the careers they have, they were artists. Going to private schools doesn't mean you're rich or not from the hood. I got cousins with kids going to private school, single mothers on section 8 in the hood.

As far as Pac, he was a method actor but bruh was tryna fulfill a purpose and he really did have a pretty ****** up childhood from what we know.

I think the difference today though is that people are embellishing to sound like the perpetual cartiuzisavageetc. verse stuck in their head rather than tryna tell a story lol

Snoop def a felon though
I'm reading them tweets confused as hell.

Twitter really made everyone think they had an interesting new angle on every topic. There were much more rappers living that life and running up in label offices back in that day than there is now. Snoop is not a felon just felt like homeboy thought he was kicking knowledge and just started rambling.

Man every time you ever saw a rap documentary with the typical older black mom and dad. :lol:

I get it though. It ain't black and white to say someone that grew up in a quiet neighborhood or with both parents (or one parent who provided) is a *****.

Even someone like BIG, his mom said he was never poor. Black mothers work ****ing hard :lol: :pimp: But not to discredit BIG's POV on anything, u can still be "around".

The perceptions of what certain people get away with and others don't is funny though. It's also relative to what you feel like is upper/middle/lower class.

There was Dre and Cube, but then Ren and Eazy were in gangs but didn't glorify and rep it openly.

:lol: @ some of y’all for even putting energy into some of these “dweeb” rappers. Like, LOOK at these dudes.

Says more about you, than them. IDK know none of these dudes y’all posted

Relax tough guy someone liked it and it popped up on my timeline you not that hard that you don't know how the TL works lol

I fw your posts on here bruh but we can't take these posts serious anymore dog you don't dress that different from these ****** :lol:

I'm reading them tweets confused as hell.

Twitter really made everyone think they had an interesting new angle on every topic. There were much more rappers living that life and running up in label offices back in that day than there is now. Snoop is not a felon just felt like homeboy thought he was kicking knowledge and just started rambling.

It be young smart dumb ****** too :lol: loud and wrong all over social media.

And mf don’t do their googles so they just run with it cuz it got likes and retweets.

There was Dre and Cube, but then Ren and Eazy were in gangs but didn't glorify and rep it openly.

Facts. I think most average friend groups of ****** is like that. Dudes who are all the way out there and ****** who just chilling but still not necessarily poussey. :lol:

It means he might actually do something with it now, because he's done nothing with DC for the past ten years.

He had one of them ones (with some grooming) with Snupe and probably was straight on it after that ended how it did.

Interesting to see what he does now.

:lol: If this ***** signs a new deal just to drop an Omelly album...

Relax tough guy someone liked it and it popped up on my timeline you not that hard that you don't know how the TL works lol

I fw your posts on here bruh but we can't take these posts serious anymore dog you don't dress that different from these *****s :lol:

I’m bout my issue though bruh.... that’s the difference. Your favorite rappers wearing purses, purple, blonde, or pink tipped dreads and you wanna talk? :lol: I’ve BEEN dressing like that. Always been fashionable (before this internet s****). It’s not about being “tough”. It’s common sense.

I would never play these dudes music :lol:

Stop equating everything to acting tough or trying to be hard.

You ain’t gotta give play-by-play of your TL

I’m bout my issue though bruh.... that’s the difference. Your favorite rappers wearing purses, purple, blonde, or pink tipped dreads and you wanna talk? :lol: I’ve BEEN dressing like that. Always been fashionable (before this internet s****). It’s not about being “tough”. It’s common sense.

I would never play these dudes music :lol:

Stop equating everything to acting tough or trying to be hard.

You ain’t gotta give play-by-play of your TL

lmk what you think

Your favorite rappers wearing purses, purple, blonde, or pink tipped dreads and you wanna talk? :lol: I’ve BEEN dressing like that. Always been fashionable (before this internet s****).

:rofl:

bro

what

i dont really listen to those dudes either though. jaden can spit though lol.

how do ****** not hear ****** like lil tecca and not be like "juicewrld?" lmao. and juicewrld is greatest value uzi.

As far as Pac, he was a method actor but bruh was tryna fulfill a purpose and he really did have a pretty ****ed up childhood from what we know.

I think the difference today though is that people are embellishing to sound like the perpetual cartiuzisavageetc. verse stuck in their head rather than tryna tell a story lol

Man...if a video surfaced of a "street rapper" looking like Pac when he was HS senior sounding sweet as pie...you'd never hear the end of it. Hell...****** was ready to pull 21's card for being from the UK. But the conditioning takes place as a child...when kids REALLY buy into the performance art...so the ****** that hold Pac as this mythical figure are ADULTS that were children when he was performing his magic and the allure never left.

There's a spectrum of "real"...and it ranges from a) not having done a single thing you talk about in your raps (i.e - the YBN kids)...to b) being closely related to a very real street element but embellishing your said involvement in it (i.e. - Clipse, Ross, Jay)...and C) actually being completely who you portray yourself to be (the 2012 Chicago kids). With things being as transparent as ever...and kids not giving a ****...i think we're starting to see more of A and C of that equation.

This is all performance art at the end of the day.

Man...if a video surfaced of a "street rapper" looking like Pac when he was HS senior sounding sweet as pie...you'd never hear the end of it. Hell...*****s was ready to pull 21's card for being from the UK. But the conditioning takes place as a child...when kids REALLY buy into the performance art...so the *****s that hold Pac as this mythical figure are ADULTS that were children when he was performing his magic and the allure never left.

There's a spectrum of "real"...and it ranges from a) not having done a single thing you talk about in your raps (i.e - the YBN kids)...to b) being closely related to a very real street element but embellishing your said involvement in it (i.e. - Clipse, Ross, Jay)...and C) actually being completely who you portray yourself to be (the 2012 Chicago kids). With things being as transparent as ever...and kids not giving a ****...i think we're starting to see more of A and C of that equation.

This is all performance art at the end of the day.

Damn this broke it down perfectly.

The ****** who would be in position to do what Ross, Hov, Clipse did just gon make chanty trendy trap music, do too much on social media and get someone indicted.

“***** I’m in the trap right now! As we speak” :lol:

6ix9ine in the Ross clipse Hov category? :emoji_eyes:

Speaking of NWA

The way they did Eazy dirty in the movie :smh:

I watched the Vlad interview where dude said Suge wouldn't have touched Eazy because of his crip association

So you made it seem like dude was broke and he got his *** beat?

And nobody spoke up from his family?

During the movie I was wondering how was Eazy broke when he was putting out platinum solo albums and Bone?

Meanwhile you make woman beating Dr Dre look like a superman in the movie?

Talk about snake stuff.

Back
Top Bottom