Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This is pretty much where I’m at with it. ****** do drugs. It’s just an unfortunate reality.

****** was poppin pills and on E in high school and people knew

Exactly! And “We” are consumers of the music!! We ALL are responsible.

I don’t smoke or drink. Never popped pills, never did molly, xan, lean, etc etc.

but I cannot judge someone who does. We all have vices and ways of dealing with our inner demons. I’m an avid listener of Wayne, Thug, Future, ASAP, roddy rich, meek, Beanie, Houston screw music, etc.

As long as humans have pains and emotions or personal grief, drugs will always be in use. That’s the reality.

Trump ain’t building no wall to stop immigration, he’s tired of “his” people overdosing on drugs. This is our society.

If people can find temporary euphoria from drugs, they’re going to be here forever. Who are we to judge or blame?

Let’s also not act like we Orleans rappers weren’t on Heroin when Wayne came up too.

strung out BG and Turk>>>>>>>>>>>

sad fact but then my dudes :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

s***** look at all the great jazz, blues, and ragtime music that came from Heroin use.

Teddy Pendergast, Natalie cole,nat king Cole, Shaka Khan was all on something. Lol

I think some people just have a high tolerance for drugs

I had a bad cold a few years ago and my doctor prescribed me some codeine and Prometh cough syrup. Ish made me super drowsy and I didn’t like the feeling. Don’t get why dudes get addicted to that ish. Ish makes you feel like a zombie smh.

again I’m not defending no one that promotes the stuff. But 3-6 shot a music video off their platinum album with dudes sipping lean out of baby bottles. Wayne ran with it and future followed. They were the semi young dudes in 2000

those visuals were big

This is true. 3-6 been rapping about using cocaine and pills forever.

But Wayne fans love to skip over everything that came before him and give him credit for so much, so they gotta do the same with all these all these lil _'s hooked on lean and pills.

This is true. 3-6 been rapping about using cocaine and pills forever.

But Wayne fans love to skip over everything that came before him and give him credit for so much, so they gotta do same with all these all these lil _'s hooked on lean and pills.

I would argue that Cocaine is prob a safer drug to use recreationally than the laced pills that these young rappers are using.

No, wayne wasnt the FIRST n**** to ever get face tats, sip lean, pop pills and get dreads but it’s absolutely laughable to NOT credit him with the way its become a staple in the culture for the younger generation.

how many pimp c’s, sigels, big moes, and 3-6 influenced young dudes yall been seein? Bc i aint seen notta one.

wayne put those things on the map in a way no one else did. His PEAK popularity reached levels that none of those guys did. the things wayne was doin had so much more of the publics attention than those other guys.

No, wayne wasnt the FIRST n**** to ever get face tats, sip lean, pop pills and get dreads but it’s absolutely laughable to NOT credit him with the way its become a staple in the culture for the younger generation.

how many pimp c’s, sigels, big moes, and 3-6 influenced young dudes yall been seein? Bc i aint seen notta one.

It's funny

The point being made is that those artist influenced Wayne. Nobody is excluding Wayne from the convo but some of y’all wanna solely blame dude

1575834109531.jpeg

Dudes are cool with giving credit to Lil Wayne and Future for the **** like the sound of music, but when it comes to the ills they've popularized dudes get defensive.

Well, Bobby Brown was using drugs too. George Clinton was using drugs.

Dudes can't have real conversations.

And we'll be having the same conversation again in a couple of months.

I'm 30 so the folks I know who were influenced by them dudes mostly grew up and out of it, or died or locked up. I don't be around young cats like that. but it's a cycle of events when you really look at it.

the people being named now are just the hot folks being imitated.

it's generational like everything else in rap/hip hop. it's become worse because kids worship these dudes + wide exposure through the internet. our kids celebrate things that destroy them whether it be gangsta/drill rap, drug consumption/sales, or letting your ego rule you.

it always ends up "well these guys etc etc etc". nah man. all this **** been ****ed up for years.

Back
Top Bottom