Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Eminem was. But I’m not even going to get into that, he did this then....they did this now bs that this always falls too. But riding the hip hop moral line has always been an incredibly, slippery slope....drenched in hypocrisy. And it always comes from some bs generational gap ****. I hate it.

*****s don’t really want to address this on a larger scale. Just pick and choose times to wag their finger at destructive behavior :lol:. Once you step back and look at the entire picture...and with music specifically and how it’s BEEN intertwined with Drug use and harmful behavior...you’d get a better view.

Yeah its really a wider pop culture problem in general

Do any of you pop pills or sip lean? Worth the risk?

I use too , stopped in 2014 after a seizure and some health scares . I liked the feeling not gonna lie but I know I was addicted because I had these bad *** withdrawals if I went more than 4 days with out it . I started sipping at 14 but it was part of the culture where I grew up at in lake Charles , so some of it was peer pressure but most was curiosity . Also stopped because I was spending close to 10-12k a month on getting re-upped , seems like prices went up the further I got from Texas and Louisiana .

How about we ask Hip-Hop to do a better job at promoting better healthier lifestyles and smarter decision making. The issue is much bigger than music but it couldn't hurt

I think they are. People love to paint with a large brush...but I’m personally seeing people in my own circles and across the board adopting healthier lifestyles with balance...and they are rooted in hip hop culture. Shoot, our very own delete1234 delete1234 is out here making some moves on the humble...in a healthy way. Y’all wouldn’t know it tho. But the collective consciousness has taken a jump. We can thank the people before us that got to wild out and grow...of the ones who died young.

Like let’s be real. We all love to turn up, Wild out and engage in **** that may not be the best for us from time to time. That’s human nature...and the reliance on substance and music have intersected the for hundreds of years. The key is always balance, moderation and knowing yourself...growing. Easier said than done...but it’s a process.

A musician will dabble in some kind of drugs or addictive, destructive behavior weather it be creativity, lifestyle, influence, sleeping habits, working habits etc. The sad reality is some will go too hard and crash out. They may be young, talented with unfulfilled potential....but it’s a reality that’s not a new phenomenon.

I think they are. People love to paint with a large brush...but I’m personally seeing people in my own circles and across the board adopting healthier lifestyles with balance...and they are rooted in hip hop culture. Shoot, our very own delete1234 delete1234 is out here making some moves on the humble...in a healthy way. Y’all wouldn’t know it tho. But the collective consciousness has taken a jump. We can thank the people before us that got to wild out and grow...of the ones who died young.

Like let’s be real. We all love to turn up, Wild out and engage in **** that may not be the best for us from time to time. That’s human nature...and the reliance on substance and music have intersected the for hundreds of years. The key is always balance, moderation and knowing yourself...growing. Easier said than done...but it’s a process.

A musician will dabble in some kind of drugs or addictive, destructive behavior weather it be creativity, lifestyle, influence, sleeping habits, working habits etc. The sad reality is some will go too hard and crash out. They may be young, talented with unfulfilled potential....but it’s a reality that’s not a new phenomenon.

Agreed and I know with some of the recent losses of the elder statesman who aren't really that old has contributed to that shift.

Would never tell someone not to rap about their life or their experiences and I aint in to censoring art but Hip-Hop and society as a whole can do a better job in general with regards to health and wellness. Every one has a part they can do

people talk about going vegan but STILL be doing hard drugs and drinking alcohol. S**** is hypocrisy.

I’ve always ate and loved my veggies, and had a balanced diet. Just an observation

Only drug I did from time to time was E pills. From about '07-'10, we used to do it almost every Saturday. It was really popular in Charleston. People still pop them actually but the quality ain't the same like it used to be. Other than that, alcohol is all I do.

Once Molly popped on the scene, I stopped cause that ish always seemed sketch to me.

Only drug I did from time to time was E pills. From about '07-'10, we used to do it almost every Saturday. It was really popular in Charleston. People still pop them actually but the quality ain't the same like it used to be. Other than that, alcohol is all I do.

Once Molly popped on the scene, I stopped cause that ish always seemed sketch to me.
I’ve had Molly a handful of times, not in years at this point. Never anything I went out and seeked. It was definitely fun but we always tested it. Still, looking back, I always just trusted whatever friend had it. The come downs aren’t really worth it either.

it's funny because I was never influenced by literally anyone to do drugs but I can definitely remember listening to songs like doing it by 'll cool j and thinking having sex at a young age

it's funny because I was never influenced by literally anyone to do drugs but I can definitely remember listening to songs like doing it by 'll cool j and thinking having sex at a young age
Crushing pink cookies in a plastic bag got you in your **** back then?

I use too , stopped in 2014 after a seizure and some health scares . I liked the feeling not gonna lie but I know I was addicted because I had these bad *** withdrawals if I went more than 4 days with out it . I started sipping at 14 but it was part of the culture where I grew up at in lake Charles , so some of it was peer pressure but most was curiosity . Also stopped because I was spending close to 10-12k a month on getting re-upped , seems like prices went up the further I got from Texas and Louisiana .

This prolly true but the prices also just went up in general the more popular its gotten :lol:

Texas drank prices crazy ridiculous now

_'s was sipping all day now its some real status symbol ****

Serious question, how many of you have ever tried a substance based on the influence of someone rapping about it?

Funny you ask this.

listened to this song the other day and i cant front, a part of me was like “damn, i wanna try some x”. And im 34! Lol

they just made it sound so fun. Lol

What was that thread on here in Music section that had all the soul music from the 70’s 80’s, what’s it called?

I know I saw illphillip illphillip in there posting ****

Back
Top Bottom