Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

How is Lizzo annoying?

It's nothing wrong with having confidence in the body you're in. But it seems like everything she does is more for shock value and attention rather than self confidence. Post whatever you want on your social media, if it's an award show where the wildest outfit you can find....But you don't go to a basketball game with your whole *** out.

Then people want to compare it to them women who like flashing the camera's at baseball games like they didn't get kicked out and banned. If we're being honest the only reason she didn't get booted from the arena is because of who she was, and no one wanted to be labeled "fatphobic" or be accused of body shaming.

I can't stand her music either but it's plently of people who's music I don't like that can go to basketball games while covering their ***.

Hold on...... she was A**** out at a game??? With CHILDREN in the crowd? Smh. That’s despicable man. Ain’t no justifying that

Lizzo is definitely a plant. Over sexualized fat black women. Who in their right mind wants to see that. The industry is super smart man. Bad enough black women historically have been sexualized from the jump.

Now you have this chick running around in a two peice sweating her weave out playing the flute. :lol: :lol:.

Yup...you can't say anything though. Or you're "body shaming".

She's the sassy big girl and you can't tell her ****. That's her image. People egging her on is wild. They're laughing at her more than anything. I said it in the podcast thread her whole image feels real plant/forced.

I’ll say whatever the f**** I wanna say. I have plenty women 200+ pounds on my roster.

there’s a time and a place for everything

Oh I agree all the way.

She's the sassy big girl and you can't tell her ****. That's her image. People egging her on is wild. They're laughing at her more than anything.

I don't have a problem with that either if that's what she wants to roll with. Just keep it to the right venues, wear it in your music video, award shows is cool, at your concerts even. Go for it....but not a sporting event and then waiting for the jumbotron to show you, so you can turn around and show everyone. Mad annoying.

She's pretty high on my corny list with Russ, Logic, and co.

Dudes describing their dislike for a female pop star...in a rap thread? :lol:.

I don’t get it.

.... off topic BS gets posted in here. DAILY. I don’t dislike her. Let her do her thing and feel good.

but Justifying being a**** out with a bunch of children in the crowd? But that’s the American way though. This fake “PC” world of ours where ironically, nothing is PC.

If I were a parent with a child in attendance, I’d be mad

Lizzo is definitely a plant. Over sexualized fat black women. Who in their right mind wants to see that. The industry is super smart man. Bad enough black women historically have been sexualized from the jump.

Now you have this chick running around in a two peice sweating her weave out playing the flute. :lol: :lol:.
she ain’t gonna brainwash me into wanting to pipe fat girls. nope. no way. not me. gross.

Oh I agree all the way.

I don't have a problem with that either if that's what she wants to roll with. Just keep it to the right venues, wear it in your music video, award shows is cool, at your concerts even. Go for it....but not a sporting event and then waiting for the jumbotron to show you, so you can turn around and show everyone. Mad annoying.

She's pretty high on my corny list with Russ, Logic, and co.

But that's the whole point they're driving. It has to be forced. She has to be paraded around in videos, award shows, Lakers games

It's nothing wrong with having confidence in the body you're in. But it seems like everything she does is more for shock value and attention rather than self confidence. Post whatever you want on your social media, if it's an award show where the wildest outfit you can find....But you don't go to a basketball game with your whole *** out.

Then people want to compare it to them women who like flashing the camera's at baseball games like they didn't get kicked out and banned. If we're being honest the only reason she didn't get booted from the arena is because of who she was, and no one wanted to be labeled "fatphobic" or be accused of body shaming.

I can't stand her music either but it's plently of people who's music I don't like that can go to basketball games while covering their ***.

So y'all main gripe right now is that she had her a** out during the basketball game, wrong time wrong place. Understood and agreed. I personally don't care considering all the other half dressed/half nakedness that's everywhere it ain't a big deal to me.

I'm curious if she was more appealing to y'all tastes if it would be more acceptable. Understood that the basketball game is not the right place but it's like Lizzo is pushed into this corner that because she's as open with her comfort with her body type as a bigger girl she HAS to be forced to do that. Almost as if she can't be as comfortable as a Nicki Minaj or Cardi B body type or a Ari Lennox body type. Again, I understand havin' her whole a** out at a basketball game ain't the move and even those who I mentioned would probably face the same kind of scrutiny, but I'd wager that even with the scrutiny those ladies wouldn't be hated as much because even tho it's inappropriate the masses are more accepting to them.

I honestly can't tell the difference between a pop star and a rapper now.

At this time pop star is no longer limited by the genre pop, which we are starting to understand isn't really much of a genre and more of a version of whatever black artists are doing for the white crowd

America loves super average black women. It's pretty obvious at this point. Opera, lizzo, that one overweight actor chick. Awards on top of awards. They definitely don't play that on the flipside. Lizzo has to do that to keep people buying into the image. What else is she going too do?

America loves super average black women. It's pretty obvious at this point. Opera, lizzo, that one overweight actor chick. Awards on top of awards. They definitely don't play that on the flipside. Lizzo has to do that to keep people buying into the image. What else is she going too do?

Ol girl from Precious was being pushed just like Lizzo. They love that mammy slave image.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom