Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Also i Know this is what OVO is labeling a mixtape/throwaway tracks..... but we sure that's what this was?

I haven't been as in tune with Drake over the past few years.... but didn't all these songs "leak" in like the past month? isn't there videos for like 3-4 of the songs already? didn't he have an entire Tiktok marketing plan & a #1 song behind this project?

Personally i think this was the album, the past few "leaks" that dropped didn't stick like they thought they was & obviously Corona is going on so they labeled it a "mixtape/throwaway" despite a majority of the songs being new.

I mean he technically has more promotion and buildup than Uzi did... but Uzi's is an "album" and his isn't

Whatever it's considered, it's better than his last 3 official albums :lol:

Southwes T in the COCAINE white AF1s :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

B1045F74-BF23-4BD4-B6FF-6B8CFAC942C3.jpeg

Once his projects turned into a playlist of what's trendy I stopped even checking for his ****. All he does is jump on what's about to pop off or is poppin off. Just off the features I know what his new project is.

to be fair to him, his foot is firmly planted in da pop lane so you shouldn't expect anything less.

Again we, blacks and other minorities only make up 33% of any market in America - or/and population. Even then that still not possible to control the buying power streaming or not.

But you right - let me add bots to the list...

Women, Whites and Bots.
Not arguing about controlling anything. Just saying the article is outdated regarding music consumption.

What are you trying to say exactly? Minority males don't make up the majority of music consumption? I think that's pretty obvious for any point of time.

Not arguing about controlling anything. Just saying the article is outdated regarding music consumption.

What are you trying to say exactly? Minority males don't make up the majority of music consumption? I think that's pretty obvious for any point of time.

The convo started about majority of Drakes consumers.

The convo started about majority of Drakes consumers.
Sure, the majority of any large artists by that logic would have to include those groups. I'm sure Kendrick, Uzi, J Cole, Future, Thug, etc have a sizeable white/female fanbase.

You're lying to yourself if you think he doesn't have male fans in the millions. Most of the younger athletes are some of his biggest fans.

Exactly. His consumers are mostly (whites, Hispanics and blacks) female, white and Hispanic males, middle eastern dudes, black men last

This true but there's still a substantial amount of black men that **** with Drake also, that's all i'm really trying to point out. I talk **** about the music at times but i ain't gonna do him like he Logic or something :lol:

He was in some grimy low all blacks. He lucky they didn’t send him back to jail for that. ***** looked like he already committed three crimes since he got home.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: cops probably zoomed in on them s****.

Dawg, they got PHONES that come with them ankle monitors now. If you leave a certain distance away from the phone, it’ll buzz. S**** crazy

This true but there's still a substantial amount of black men that **** with Drake also, that's all i'm really trying to point out. I talk **** about the music at times but i ain't gonna do him like he Logic or something :lol:

I agree. He has the largest male fan base of any contemporary musician nowadays. Probably only some of them Latin dudes have more

The dudes who got locked up because of 69 gotta feel dumb as hell right now. Can’t say I feel sorry for them.

I agree. He has the largest male fan base of any contemporary musician nowadays. Probably only some of them Latin dudes have more

Yeah, guy is global at this point.
Still waiting to see which one of the new era will replace him, the decade is up at this point.

A few of the new guys got talent, and some have star power like Uzi and Gunna but I don't see a bonafide leading candidate yet.

Yeah, guy is global at this point.
Still waiting to see which one of the new era will replace him, the decade is up at this point.

A few of the new guys got talent, and some have star power like Uzi and Gunna but I don't see a bonafide leading candidate yet.

69 is replacing Drake it seems.

pops said moods and vibes.
I saw a tweet that said something like "when drake get in his bag he gives you a feeling that makes him elite"
some bull**** like that.

There isn't anything substantive to critique so dudes just have to start throwing out celestial descriptors

Exactly. S**** is laughable at this point. Everyone wants to stunt, gloat and brag and record themselves. So most of these songs are tailor made for our narcissistic society.

It’s like that Juelz Santana gif

Reactions: OTG
Back
Top Bottom