Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Z Ro should have been a star, so much talent and zero guidance or discipline.
Man couldn’t stay out of jail for a while. Always on papers and could never leave Texas. They also say he really is/was an *******. I read/saw somewhere (maybe on here :nerd: ) that someone brought some ABN CDs to him along with some solo joints and asked him to autograph them. He got to the ABN joints and said he wasn’t signing nothing with that BAN Trae on it :lol:

Damn Turk :lol:

12D7A51F-AD40-4A03-8A52-9B10B2784478.jpeg

I actually wanted to see him interview on Wayne’s YM radio show.

Wow So JMJ was really killed over a drug deal. I gotta watch that Netflix documentary again. I can't remember if these was the dudes that was suspects. I think it's the dude that was cool with J and his son that was tryna rap.

Some of his people in that documentary was like "why would he be selling drugs? It don't make sense". Then somebody else that was close to him was on there talking about being in drug meetings with him. It's crazy when you get older and look at things, he was only 37.

Man couldn’t stay out of jail for a while. Always on papers and could never leave Texas. They also say he really is/was an *******. I read/saw somewhere (maybe on here :nerd: ) that someone brought some ABN CDs to him along with some solo joints and asked him to autograph them. He got to the ABN joints and said he wasn’t signing nothing with that BAN Trae on it :lol:

Pretty much. Z-Ro is respected a lot but doesn’t trust people at all and is fairly recluse. He’s in a good space now though, doing way more interviews and promo, and his music is way less somber and angry.

Zro da mo city don :pimp:

Ridgemont 4 mo city not Missouri city where Travis from, issa difference

I assumed Travis was from Quail Valley or something :lol:

I still haven’t played that last Lox album Filthy America. Downloaded it and heard two songs and never went back. Anybody heard it? Maybe I’ll play it this week.

I remember seeing Fetty Wap and Gucci on it and lost interest.

Any time I hear artists complaining about not wanting to make music, it comes off as them attention seeking and wanting validation from others that they should release music. Might as well just bow out gracefully and quietly if you letting the internet get you to the point where you’re reconsidering something you’re supposedly passionate about.

Wow So JMJ was really killed over a drug deal. I gotta watch that Netflix documentary again. I can't remember if these was the dudes that was suspects. I think it's the dude that was cool with J and his son that was tryna rap.

Some of his people in that documentary was like "why would he be selling drugs? It don't make sense". Then somebody else that was close to him was on there talking about being in drug meetings with him. It's crazy when you get older and look at things, he was only 37.

It was rumored he didn't handle his money well, and Jay was a hood dude who still hung in the hood. Why get a loan when you can....

but I went back at one point to look at their ages. They got on at 18ish and were washed and rap had passed them by, by the time they were 25. It's funny how things had changed, because rap was truly a young kids sport back then. That **** blows my mind, imagine being 25 and being a legacy act, because Rakim, G Rap and Kane changed the style of rap.

That's why Down With The King was so surprising, because most rappers didn't come back from the dead.

Later, Jay, DMX and Nelly get on past 25.

Back
Top Bottom