Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I still haven’t played that last Lox album Filthy America. Downloaded it and heard two songs and never went back. Anybody heard it? Maybe I’ll play it this week.

I remember seeing Fetty Wap and Gucci on it and lost interest.

You didn't miss much, it was forgettable IMO

I get excited to hear Styles projects, not Jada or The Lox

Queensbridge hip-hop was so strange at one point, guys were on multiple tracks amongst each other and ended up beefing, even the groups got into it with each other internally

**** that's everyone.

Look at Mase and Cam. Jim and Cam. Juelz and Cam.

Then the Wu.

Queens Bridge is a little different, because dudes didn't grow up together as friends. They had rap in common, knew of each other, but had their own friends and their own friends in their ear. A lot of their beefs didn't stem from issues directly, but from issues from people within their camp.

It was rumored he didn't handle his money well, and Jay was a hood dude who still hung in the hood. Why get a loan when you can....

but I went back at one point to look at their ages. They got on at 18ish and were washed and rap had passed them by, by the time they were 25. It's funny how things had changed, because rap was truly a young kids sport back then. That **** blows my mind, imagine being 25 and being a legacy act, because Rakim, G Rap and Kane changed the style of rap.

That's why Down With The King was so surprising, because most rappers didn't come back from the dead.

Later, Jay, DMX and Nelly get on past 25.

It's crazy. Master P is older than Big Daddy Kane. Jay and Rakim are only a year apart. 2Chainz is only a year younger than Nore. I just realized BG and Currency are the same age. :lol:

Dudes get on 2 different generations of rap be the same age.

It's crazy. Master P is older than Big Daddy Kane. Jay and Rakim are the same age. 2Chainz is only a year younger than Nore. I just realized BG and Currency are the same age. :lol:

That's why I don't blame dudes for signing bad deals back then on some New Edition ****.

Give me a deal at 17 or 18, and I'm happy with being able to buy a car, chain and some kicks,

Labels prayed on kids, but people like Master P and Baby were older and smarter. Baby's older than Puff.

That's why I don't blame dudes for signing bad deals back then on some New Edition ****.

Give me a deal at 17 or 18, and I'm happy with being able to buy a car, chain and some kicks,

Labels prayed on kids, but people like Master P and Baby were older and smarter. Baby's older than Puff.

Ice T and Chuck D was like the only 30 year old rappers back then.

I knew they were supposed to talk

Not sure what Akon is doing from him walking around LA with Turkey

It's hard to be upset at Akon with the good he's doing, but some of his comments about slavery and him chilling with Turkey :smh:

Ice T and Chuck D was like the only 30 year old rappers back then.

It's funny how Eazy was considered older back then, because he was older than Cube and Ren, but wasn't even 25

That's why when you look at these dudes beefing, decisions they made and some of the problems they had, like Biggie and Pac and they were ****in young.

Last edited:
It's crazy. Master P is older than Big Daddy Kane. Jay and Rakim are only a year apart. 2Chainz is only a year younger than Nore. I just realized BG and Currency are the same age. :lol:

Future, Wayne and Wale born in 82, 83 and 84

btw it's a problem when Em is doing a joint with Wayne that's going to be seen by tens of thousands, and you don't mention your own artist...Conway and Westside as some of your favorite rappers.

Which leads back to West's comments about his label probably not even knowing he was nominated for a BET award for best group

I knew they were supposed to talk

Not sure what Akon is doing from him walking around LA with Turkey

It's hard to be upset at Akon with the good he's doing, but some of his comments about slavery and him chilling with Turkey :smh:

At this point, we know Akon is about a check. Are they chilling in the conventional sense of "chilling"? Or is there a mutual business interest there? I could be wrong but I don't think ****** just shopping on Rodeo and drinking green tea smoothies in the crib all day.

This is a yet another tale of when integrity and business converge.

If we're going to be mad at Akon...I happen to know of another famous artist who has a business relationship with a questionable individual that stands against "code"...but nobody really wants to talk about it :lol::smh:

At this point, we know Akon is about a check. Are they chilling in the conventional sense of "chilling"? Or is there a mutual business interest there? I could be wrong but I don't think ****** just shopping on Rodeo and drinking green tea smoothies in the crib all day.

This is a yet another tale of when integrity and business converge.

If we're going to be mad at Akon...I happen to know of another famous artist who has a business relationship with a questionable individual that stands against "code"...but nobody really wants to talk about it :lol::smh:

Jay-Z and that female informant...? Bruh, I EXPECT a female to snitch and tell it all. Ironically, she put in REAL street work unlike 69. Again, she’s a female. I expect a woman to tell and save her a***.

Anyone with two eyes and common sense (which isn’t that common anymore), how could you not foresee this gay, rainbow haired weasel not being street, and being a fake gangster? If dudes reallyyyyy thought he was a solid individual than we are living in times if poor judgement. First time I saw dude I was like yeah, this a complete joke.

Again, you KNEW this dude was a loser from jump. IDK how people fell for it

Back
Top Bottom