Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

It’s not negative or slick. Divisive, yes. I’m not feeling the growing “black men are the weakest link” sentiment that’s arising on social media among a certain crowd. She gets lumped in with that. I don’t think she’s doing THAT.

That said, when she calls people out...she’s right in what she says. *****s gotta be better. Gotta be held to account.

I'm a fan of Jemele but she has gone over the top into that weirdo feminist BS. She was saying some **** like a year ago that straight black men are the white people of black people".

Then her recent nonsense is getting called out

I agree with some of the stuff she says but this putting _'s in the same box mindset is weak and false.

MoneyBagg & Youngsta suck but 42 Dugg a star.

:lol::lol:

Youngsta does SUCK. He’s terrible at everything. I’m not a fan of Bagg but I understand that he appeals to a certain demographic. Dugg actually has a decent flow and has that Detroit backdrop and sound. I’d play his music over Youngsta. I just ain’t a bagg fan but I get his appeal. Youngsta? :lol: :lol:

I'm a fan of Jemele but she has gone over the top into that weirdo feminist BS. She was saying some **** like a year ago that straight black men are the white people of black people".

Then her recent nonsense is getting called out

I agree with some of the stuff she says but this putting _'s in the same box mindset is weak and false.

She REALLLLYYYY said straight black men are the white men, of black people? Please show me proof. If she indeed said that, then screw her bruh. I’ll never root for her (if she indeed said that)

Bottom line we all imperfect. Just pick who’s sins and idiosyncrasies you’re going to tolerate the most, and keep it moving

Yeah. I’m done with her. Even though it was written by that Damon dude, she co-signed it. Yeah, done with her.

Jemele Hill just another one of those Twitter people who just pander all ****ing day. Even the tweet posted in here is just more pandering to the Anti Trump crowd & it doesn't even make sense :lol:

If Trump had it his way the dickhead would allow concerts this very second.

This is what we mean by ACCOUNTABILITY. If someone like me, or a black man confronted her about this in person, what do you think we’d say? Because a guy like me would grill her about all the men in her family then lastly, I’d say why don’t you just date a white man, asian, etc. Since you don’t want a black man, don’t speak on us :lol: :lol: :lol:

She wants to call trump supporters out, yet she basically frowning upon black men. She can’t have it both ways. She doesn’t even have a black son, let alone kids so, she doesn’t understand anything about us.

some of yall ignorant man. Like, in the true sense of the word.

you needa do a better job of informing yourselves with legitimately healthy information.

make it a point to be more adamant about exposing yourself to other people’s viewpoints.

its not hard to tell that some of you are only exchanging thoughts with a small microcosm of people.

what she said is true.

What makes him a scammer?
Keep going

1604081880769.png

Yeah. I’m done with her. Even though it was written by that Damon dude, she co-signed it. Yeah, done with her.

The headline to that article is click baity and stupid. I’m not feeling it. I know the intention. It’s meant to shock and provoke discussion. But the way it’s being taken these days is dumb. Because, social media is dumb.

The substance is realer tho. It’s an “inside” discussion that should probably be had internally tbh. The framing is piss poor. Real black men are not going to react well to that :lol:. Especially all the **** we go through (which the article acknowledges). It’s a paradox. But the discussion is real, if *****s could just step outside themselves for a minute :lol:

And nowhere is this more evident than when considering the collective danger we pose to black women and our collective lack of willingness to accept and make amends for that truth. It’s a damning and depressing paradox. When speaking about race and racism, we want our concerns and our worries and our fears to be acknowledged. We want white people to at least make an effort to understand that our reality is different from theirs and that white supremacy is a vital and inextricable part of America’s foundation, and we grow frustrated when they refuse to acknowledge their role—historically and presently—in propagating it.

When the racism isn’t blatant or doesn’t appear to exist at all, we want them to give us the benefit of the doubt. Because we’ve trained ourselves to be able to sense it—even in minute and barely perceptible amounts—because our safety depends on our recognition of it. We share how it feels to be stopped by a police officer, or perhaps to walk into an all-white bar and have each eye trained on us, or perhaps to jaunt down a street in an all-white neighborhood, and we want them to understand how words and gestures they consider to be innocuous can be threatening, even if there’s no intention of malice.

Although we recognize that not all white people are actively racist, we want them to accept that all benefit from racism, and we become annoyed when individual whites take personal exception and center themselves in any conversation about race, claiming to be one of the “good ones” and wishing for us to stop and acknowledge their goodness.

But when black women share that we pose the same existential and literal danger to them that whiteness does to us; and when black women ask us to give them the benefit of the doubt about street harassment and sexual assault and other forms of harassment and violence we might not personally witness; and when black women tell us that allowing our cousins and brothers and co-workers and ****** to use misogynistic language propagates that culture of danger; and when black women admit how scary it can be to get followed and approached by a man while waiting for a bus or walking home from work; and when black women articulate how hurtful it is for our reactions to domestic abuse and their rapes and murders to be “what women need to do differently to prevent this from happening to them” instead of “what we (men) need to do differently to prevent us from doing this to them,” their words are met with resistance and outright pushback. After demanding from white people that we’re listened to and believed and that our livelihoods are considered, our ears shut off and hearts shut down when black women are pleading with us.”

That’s in line with Malcolm X talking about Black Women being the most disrespected person in America.

That’s the convo.

some of yall ignorant man. Like, in the true sense of the word.

you needa do a better job of informing yourselves with legitimately healthy information.

make it a point to be more adamant about exposing yourself to other people’s viewpoints.

its not hard to tell that some of you are only exchanging thoughts with a small microcosm of people.

what she said is true.

That don’t absolve her off attacking “straight” black men though. A person’s reputation will always be the defining factor. That’s just what it is.

Bruh, the fact that you feel like thats an attack and not an observation says alot.

Learn how to decipher between what information is healthy and what should be discarded.

you cant possibly think there are not other MORE marginalized groups within the blk diaspora exclusive of str8 blk men.

get informed man.

The headline to that article is click baity and stupid. I’m not feeling it. I know the intention. It’s meant to shock and provoke discussion. But the way it’s being taken these days is dumb. Because, social media is dumb.

The substance is realer tho. It’s an “inside” discussion that should probably be had internally tbh. The framing is piss poor. Real black men are not going to react well to that :lol:. Especially all the **** we go through (which the article acknowledges). It’s a paradox. But the discussion is real, if *****s could just step outside themselves for a minute :lol:

And nowhere is this more evident than when considering the collective danger we pose to black women and our collective lack of willingness to accept and make amends for that truth. It’s a damning and depressing paradox. When speaking about race and racism, we want our concerns and our worries and our fears to be acknowledged. We want white people to at least make an effort to understand that our reality is different from theirs and that white supremacy is a vital and inextricable part of America’s foundation, and we grow frustrated when they refuse to acknowledge their role—historically and presently—in propagating it.

When the racism isn’t blatant or doesn’t appear to exist at all, we want them to give us the benefit of the doubt. Because we’ve trained ourselves to be able to sense it—even in minute and barely perceptible amounts—because our safety depends on our recognition of it. We share how it feels to be stopped by a police officer, or perhaps to walk into an all-white bar and have each eye trained on us, or perhaps to jaunt down a street in an all-white neighborhood, and we want them to understand how words and gestures they consider to be innocuous can be threatening, even if there’s no intention of malice.

Although we recognize that not all white people are actively racist, we want them to accept that all benefit from racism, and we become annoyed when individual whites take personal exception and center themselves in any conversation about race, claiming to be one of the “good ones” and wishing for us to stop and acknowledge their goodness.

But when black women share that we pose the same existential and literal danger to them that whiteness does to us; and when black women ask us to give them the benefit of the doubt about street harassment and sexual assault and other forms of harassment and violence we might not personally witness; and when black women tell us that allowing our cousins and brothers and co-workers and ****** to use misogynistic language propagates that culture of danger; and when black women admit how scary it can be to get followed and approached by a man while waiting for a bus or walking home from work; and when black women articulate how hurtful it is for our reactions to domestic abuse and their rapes and murders to be “what women need to do differently to prevent this from happening to them” instead of “what we (men) need to do differently to prevent us from doing this to them,” their words are met with resistance and outright pushback. After demanding from white people that we’re listened to and believed and that our livelihoods are considered, our ears shut off and hearts shut down when black women are pleading with us.”

That’s in line with Malcolm X talking about Black Women being the most disrespected person in America.

That’s the convo.

You don't highlight and use "straight black men are the white people of the black community" as the intro to your column if the mistreatment of black women was the real convo you wanted touched on.

The writer wanted to prey on a certain crowd & knew that the headline would cause more division amongst black men & women, they knew it would get them RT's & notoriety. Also this isn't a one off the root in particular has a pattern of this.

Last edited:
You don't highlight and use "straight black men are the white people of the black community" as the intro to your column if the mistreatment of black women was the real convo you wanted touched on.

The writer wanted to prey on a certain crowd & knew that the headline would cause more division amongst black men & women, they knew it would get them RT's & notoriety.

EXACTLY. Look at these shows like Love and Hip Hop, look at all these women who lack self respect (not just black women ALL women). Bruh, I come from a family of strong black women who always had respect for themselves and carried themselves respectfully. A lot of these women DON’T WANT respect. They’ll conveniently ask for it, once they get tired or burned out.

Who do you think raised some of these black men, that some of these black women hate and criticize daily...? It’s about accountability. We all need to be held accountable. If they wanna be critical of black men, they need to look in the mirror and be critical of themselves. I see it playing out daily.

A lot of these women are more concerned about being ratchet, or being a city girl
or whatever, they don’t even respect themselves. it’s a TIRED argument

Get informed.

start LISTENING to people that are smarter than you.

if you dont kno any, give some podcast a shot but stop bouncing thoughts back n forth with other misinformed n_’s. It wont sharpen you and gets you no where.

It’s like them two black chics who went on radio criticizing men who work 9-5 (I don’t take offense but I know some men who secretly did) and that IG chic who also frowned upon 9-5’ers and working class people. Why would a man even respect those kind of women? They bring that energy upon themselves:lol: :lol:

Get informed.

start LISTENING to people that are smarter than you.

if you dont kno any, give some podcast a shot but stop bouncing thoughts back n forth with other misinformed n_’s. It wont sharpen you and gets you no where.

Listen to WHOM? These podcasters and youtubers, FB psychology, memesters, etc are JUST as misinformed. So I disagree. More often than not, it’s best to learn stuff on your OWN.

I’m VERY informed. And I was informed farrrr before social media or the Internet. :lol: :lol:.

Misinformation and uneducated people is why we’ve reached this point :lol:

Back
Top Bottom