Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Jesus Christ that Fredo segment at the end :sick:
What happened? I cut it off after the Drake segment. ****** didn’t even discuss it lol just argued about nothing.

In actuality....Ballerific would be the perfect replacement for Budden.

Nadeska wouldn’t know what hit her

LMAO!!! :rofl:

I just read that Twitter thread...damn. That’s wild. I might have to start watching again. Haven’t watched for months

On some real ****...**** the "culture".

If we keep it 100...half of rap are "culture vultures". The minute corporate interest took over...all that gatekeeper **** went outta the window. None of your favorite artists/execs gave a **** about preservation. Rappers themselves eventually took pride in stating how they "not really rappers" they just in it for the check.

This culture is like open source software. It's free for anyone to come in and use at their disposal.

Star might be an agent but **** it....I'm here for the chaos.

Ak straight *****

B916A96C-CC19-4CB0-A0AD-C34E65D81888.gif

Exactly :lol:

The same dudes who was upset at Joe for not knowing how to say Atliens are suddenly in love with Star?

The same ones who were upset at Joe for not listening to the newest Migos or Future song are suddenly in love with Star?

:lol:

I think its a trade-off. My thing with Joe is sometimes he would lean on the rapper **** too hard knowledge wise as if that automatically makes him this vaunted Hip Hop historian. I'm fine with you not knowing everything but don't put on like you do.

With the At-Liens stuff, bruh was like "of course as an MC thats one of the albums you go to" and then mispronounces the title of said album, which also happens to be the name of the second biggest song on the album and they also pronounce the name on the album themselves :lol: :stoneface: He's prolly listened/skimmed it but he clearly hasn't went through it like he wanted to put on, "as a MC"

I doubt Star could give a **** about XXX but he presumably sat through his 3 hour convo with AK because he knew it was gonna be a topic on the show and wanted to come prepared. Joe wasn't really tryna do **** like that. He came prepared sometimes but other times he didn't know any of the topics beforehand and then would straight up blow topics off if he didn't wanna talk about them :lol:

Like I said, it's def a trade-off. Nobody's perfect. I would've strongly preferred Joe continue but I don't think dude will be all bad. We will see his faults in full display as well as this all plays out.

I can't for Star to see that 69 and Ak clip, he's gonna KILL both of them tomorrow.

wavycrocket wavycrocket just mad that we got someone that's gonna DESTROY all his favorite artists on a daily basis. I see you fam

It’s a lil funny how open ****** are to letting a guy that openly doesn’t care about hip hop at all and is willfully uninformed....continue to build and make money off of hip hop while telling hip hop **** you and worse :lol:.

Many dynamics I could touch on with the general idea of Star.

Star is seen as a bit different because 1 he's very open about his critiques on the culture & two he's absolutely Knowledgeable of it & the people Ingrained in it. Whether it be really knowing some of the industry legends, his ties in NYC during the crack Era/Golden Age Of HipHop, being all throughout Hiphop during Hot 97/Power 105.

Whether he wants to be considered an ambassador of the culture is up to him, But his experiences within it are authentic, he ain't just view it from afar & decide to monetize it, or completely abandon it once the money left.

This ***** been popping up at smack battles & bigging a lot of those cats up.

He's never acted as if he's Mr. Hiphop only But he's also never ran from or shied away from the issues & problems that come with it.

Last edited:
But he's edgy, tho.

:lol:

That ***** literally says nothing but Bs....but you got a couple of people that think he’s spitting “truth” because he’s the polor opposite of what they consider “too pc” :lol:. 98% of What Star says is Bs.

I can't for Star to see that 69 and Ak clip, he's gonna KILL both of them tomorrow.

wavycrocket wavycrocket just mad that we got someone that's gonna DESTROY all his favorite artists on a daily basis. I see you fam

:rofl:

That ***** Star is a damn troll....who’s told us he hates hip hop. I wouldn’t call that “destroyig” my favorite artist when dude has ****** on legends death that we universally like.

Star said he likes Kodak though....and obviously did a quick google for a Kodak line he could reference. That **** was hilarious :lol:.

I've heard joe on his podcast Several times get into detailed debates about Outkast & Andre's place in rap... but because he mispronounced the name of the album he just "skimmed" through Atliens.... The same guy who did a 15 Minute SONG called who killed hiphop didn't listen to an essential album from one of hiphops greatest groups. I know ya'll wanna continue this everybody is bias against the south Agenda but cmon now lol.

Joe's Knowledge on a sector of current Hiphop is lacking & he stated that, but that doesn't account for everything.

You must not be familiar with Star's history, Son talked reckless through the Entire 90's to Every ***** in rap. When dudes were really gettin ran up on, He'll survive this era easily

i remember Star and Prodigy were on da radio arguing...and this was Murda Muzik era Mobb Deep...Star is exactly what da doctor ordered.

I've heard joe on his podcast Several times get into detailed debates about Outkast & Andre's place in rap... but because he mispronounced the name of the album he just "skimmed" through Atliens.... The same guy who did a 15 Minute SONG called who killed hiphop didn't listen to an essential album from one of hiphops greatest groups. I know ya'll wanna continue this everybody is bias against the south Agenda but cmon now lol.

Joe's Knowledge on a sector of current Hiphop is lacking & he stated that, but that doesn't account for everything.

Yo...I heard HennyPalooza is now Dusse Palooza. Give ya boy an NT discount on the tickets....and tell Joe Budden what’s up.

On another note....What time y’all shooting the podcast TyisRory?

9EF55C38-8A99-45AD-B649-3E26A12D1576.jpeg

That may be true. We both got our opinions. I personally find it really hard to believe he went thru that album like that and came away not knowing how to pronounce the title when they say it both on the album and on the title track/single. Maybe he just didn't hear those parts, its possible

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom