Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The godfather of hip hop trolling ****ery is back on a platform

Ya keep saying he's disconnected from hip hop. Although he give zero damns about hip hop, he is the type to do research and come in well prepared for whatever topic unlike Budden.
He's also the type to straight up disrespect Hip Hop and their fans, so lets all give this thing more than a day before we proclaim Star the best EDS host.:lol:

Star is an agitator. He's also less experienced and knowledgeable about the industry than Joe. He's more polished, and a much better interviewer, but you think you're going to get that Jeezy interview from Star? You think someone like Joyner Lucas would be as candid with Star who has always had a strained relationship with artists.

We're not going to get those deep interviews that are just conversations between two rappers anymore.

Star is cool, and he's shocking and over-the-top, but y'all are undervaluing everything that Joe brings to the table.

The godfather of hip hop trolling ****ery is back on a platform

Ya keep saying he's disconnected from hip hop. Although he give zero damns about hip hop, he is the type to do research and come in well prepared for whatever topic unlike Budden.

I think this is honestly pretty true. Joe brung a unique "ex player" perspective but his combined arrogance and ignorance towards a lot of this stuff was killing me.

He is definitely using the platform to get his buzz up

Basically, If you listened to Dude on Tax Or Joe he's very meticulous about his moves & knows how to market his own platform. He's gonna go full out for the next few weeks & draw a bigger following to his platform. Dude is extremely experienced in Business.

I can't believe Complex really took this risk tho, It will absolutely get the #'s back up. However Sponsors might be a bit weary. & Nadeska is quitting, Give it a Month.

He's also the type to straight up disrespect Hip Hop and their fans, so lets all give this thing more than a day before we proclaim Star the best EDS host.:lol:

Exactly :lol:

The same dudes who was upset at Joe for not knowing how to say Atliens are suddenly in love with Star?

The same ones who were upset at Joe for not listening to the newest Migos or Future song are suddenly in love with Star?

:lol:

Basically, If you listened to Dude on Tax Or Joe he's very meticulous about his moves & knows how to market his own platform. He's gonna go full out for the next few weeks & draw a bigger following to his platform. Dude is extremely experienced in Business.

I can't believe Complex really took this risk tho, It will absolutely get the #'s back up. However Sponsors might be a bit weary. & Nadeska is quitting, Give it a Month.

You dudes are a little bit older.

Do you think people 22 and younger care about Star? Maybe Ak can draw them in to give him a chance, but Star isn't drawing them in.

Do you think people 22 and older care about Star? Maybe Ak can draw them in to give him a chance, but Star isn't drawing them in.

Do I think they remember star No, Do i think star's personality will draw them in Absolutely. His personality is actually a better fit now then it was back then. He's one of the most polarizing media personalities period. The new PC, social Justice cats are gonna ******* HATE his soul.... but they will tweet about him, they will write articles, they will hashtag.

The peope who are anti the system, not easily offended will love dude & want to hear more. Tax got a lot of support for simply being himself & not giving a ****, that energy is effective because so many people can't do that for a variety of reasons. With the way this new generation of rappers reacts to everything, Star is gonna see his public persona triple n the next few months.

These young cats gonna be so offended watching this ****. I'm sure "rappers" on social media now going off.

Joe and Star would have been way better though. Joe should have done this on his own with Star. Views would be through the roof.

Do you think people 22 and younger care about Star? Maybe Ak can draw them in to give him a chance, but Star isn't drawing them in.

They will care eventually. Star's gonna have these young cats *****ing and moaning on twitter :lol:

Yes

This show is still big and people tuned in because they hated Joe and weren't familiar with him. Now someone is publicly saying all the **** Joe said but unfiltered. This **** is 100x worse than the **** Joe was saying. Rappers will definitely catching feelings and talk about this **** on IG and ****.

I can see it.

The only issue is Star is hard to work with. And as you get older you get more set in your ways. If they're going to be upset at Joe for his rants and wanting to smoke in the bathroom, I couldn't imagine them dealing with Star and trying to tell him what to do. The people at Complex will regret their decision.

You think Star is going to the Grammy's or BET Awards?

I'm here for the train wreck.

This the dude Making airplane noises after aaliyahs death.

They thought they needed security before. I'm in it for the abuse. Just to see how long AK stays with it because he's just getting s*** on for 50 minutes basically.

I can't see him doing this for more than a month but he gonna get social media going crazy. Views and attention will be crazy in this era. No one talks like him anymore, he make Joe seem like the Disney channel.

It’s a lil funny how open ****** are to letting a guy that openly doesn’t care about hip hop at all and is willfully uninformed....continue to build and make money off of hip hop while telling hip hop **** you and worse :lol:.

Many dynamics I could touch on with the general idea of Star.

It’s a lil funny how open ****** are to letting a guy that openly doesn’t care about hip hop at all and is willfully uninformed....continue to build and make money off of hip hop while telling hip hop **** you and worse :lol:.

Culture vulture?

giphy.gif

I'm here for this fire storm :lol:

I think that's a good point but I'm a fan of anyone speaking the truth and not scared to bad mouth someone so I rock with Star. I don't like or agree everything he's said but I'll take the bad with the good. No one else is calling Ak out on camera like that, no one. Joe hinted at it and danced around it a little but he's not going to that length.

I always found it funny and how he was so open about it and people accepted it.

Star was hip hops first troll.

I was never fond of him like everyone else beyond The Source

This is not going to last long, but I take it while it's here. Once Star piss "sensitive Twitter" off, he's out of there lol

Back
Top Bottom