Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I think Lil Baby get underrated a lil cause he don’t fit the typical superstar mold

Bro had the best selling album of 2020 tho, of any genre, he’s arrived at this point

Its obvious he “the one” right now :lol:. Idk why *****s even gotta pretend like it isn’t.

Lil Baby is the same mold as Wayne. I don't think anybody disputes his popularity. Except that one time ninjhood said A-Boogie was bigger. :lol:

Right....I say even moreso TIP, without the anticts. Buddy universal now.

So he’s in the mold of the “best/biggest” in the game at a certain time. trynafeelmink trynafeelmink calls that “propaganda.”, It’s simply the truth.

Like Eminem was a bigger artist than Lol Wayne in 07/08. But the rap consensus would tell you Wayne was “that guy”. Same with Lil Baby. Drake, Post Malone & Travis probably are bigger...but in hip hop, Lil Baby is “that guy”.

It’s simply the truth.

How this ***** became the hottest rapper in the game is a testament to just how hot Wayne was at his peak, and how much the people steering hiphop has changed. :lol:

to be the man in hiphop was to be considered the coolest dude in the game, son is the antithesis to all of that

.... and Kanye was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY cooler and flyer at his peak.

I'll never understand it.

Because HI-Key a lot of these millennial dudes is corny and square like Drake. Plus they never was really outside like that and they OGs ain’t school them.

This the generation of men who parents wouldn’t let them listen to music with curse words. They mama use to chaperone them on teen dates and field trips....

System is a set up (we already knew that)

F** that. They would’ve had to let me come home in 2023/2024 and be completely off papers. F**** that.

If got parole after 5 years, but could do 8 and be completely off probation when I come home? Give me the 8

Battle of The Babies

1616533135976.gif

How is Da Baby not "That Guy"?

:lol: you trollin. You know they look at Da Baby as essentially the male version of Megan basically. Bangers here and there, some features and big records.

Props to him. He grinded for a long time and got the perfect timing. He going spam what he do, but I get it. That freestyle he dropped some weeks back was tough.

Lil Baby is moreso in that lane of rapper that people view as the #1 guy or whatever. And it’s true.

Lil Baby is the same mold as Wayne. I don't think anybody disputes his popularity. Except that one time ninjhood said A-Boogie was bigger. :lol:

I mean like as a brand

The Wayne mold is like Thug and Uzi. _’s willing to lean into the character **** and love the attention

Baby way more “regular” in comparison

Tip without the antics prolly the better comparison like wavycrocket wavycrocket said

:lol: you trollin. You know they look at Da Baby as essentially the male version of Megan basically. Bangers here and there, some features and big records.

Props to him. He grinded for a long time and got the perfect timing. He going spam what he do, but I get it. That freestyle he dropped some weeks back was tough.

Lil Baby is moreso in that lane of rapper that people view as the #1 guy or whatever. And it’s true.

Is he trollin? I be hearing people praise Da Baby just like Lil Baby. I thought they was basically the same lane. Trap/street rappers that broke through mainstream. Lil Baby got records with the City Girls like Da Baby got records with Megan.

Back
Top Bottom