Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Someone Teach Him A Method, Man

TeeJay6.png

I didn't like the song, besides Twista's verse

These are the only ones that exist for me. I was in full **** Bad Boy mode.(pause)

Lil bibby can’t lose. I didn’t know that white boy laroi his artist too

:lol: you trollin. You know they look at Da Baby as essentially the male version of Megan basically. Bangers here and there, some features and big records.

Props to him. He grinded for a long time and got the perfect timing. He going spam what he do, but I get it. That freestyle he dropped some weeks back was tough.

Lil Baby is moreso in that lane of rapper that people view as the #1 guy or whatever. And it’s true.
Not trolling at all actually.

Just like I can claim anyone is "that guy" because they have the streets 6pac 6pac can claim Da Baby is the guy because his stats says he is on a mainstream level

My point is "that guy" conversation is too nuanced and subjective to even have due to many different factors.

You have a favorite rapper, that's it.

Not trolling at all actually.

Just like I can claim anyone is "that guy" because they have the streets 6pac 6pac can claim Da Baby is the guy because his stats says he is on a mainstream level

My point is "that guy" conversation is too nuanced and subjective to even have due to many different factors.

You have a favorite rapper, that's it.

I think it’s pretty clear at this point :lol:. Not taking anything away from Da Baby. He has his own lane.

But y’all really know it’s Lil Baby as the guy at the right now. ***** don’t even have to like his music to admit that lol. Shorty caught a wave. In his prime right now on all the factors that matter. Projects, Sales, Singles, Club bangers, acclaim, respect, admiration from peers etc.

Lil Durk done leveled up too. Although, I feel he still don’t got the project or standout solo single. He took a big step over the past year and change.

I think it’s pretty clear at this point :lol:. Not taking anything away from Da Baby. He has his own lane.

But y’all really know it’s Lil Baby as the guy at the right now. ***** don’t even have to like his music to admit that lol. Shorty caught a wave. In his prime right now on all the factors that matter. Projects, Sales, Singles, Club bangers, acclaim, respect, admiration from peers etc.

Lil Durk done leveled up too. Although, I feel he still don’t got the project or standout solo single. He took a big step over the past year and change.

That's the thing.

It's many different variables in 2021 with sales being "fake" and "not mattering" mainstream being "wack" etc

Da Baby has a TON of chart topping records that are HUGE and just opened up the Grammy.. he's legit on a 2 year run regardless of how annoying or corny he might come off I can't argue with a ***** from Carolina 6pac 6pac who feels he's that ***** right now because the stats prove that

Lil baby is legit in the same tier sans corny behavior

Now onto the other guys

Do I like Freddie Gibbs? No.

But can I argue with anyone saying he's that guy? Nah I can't considering his rapping prowess and the bodies of work he's put out

Durk? I love his music but I can also understand folks who doesn't.

For me? Regardless of how much he's hated Drake is THAT GUY on a superstar and mainstream level he's gonna retire as the most successful rapper of all time overall in terms of how well his projects performed.

in terms of street ****+pure rapping ability I'm riding with Benny.

Future is "that guy" whenever be decides to drop then goes back into hibernation mode

My point is I feel in 2021 too many people have an argument when it comes to being HIM which means there's no clear cut guy

Back
Top Bottom