Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I’m just now catching the Verzuz but how did the building not collapse when I’m ready came on? I would’ve lost my mind when that joint came on :lol: :smh:

Tell me j Cole didn't steal blu's whole style and take it mainstream. Blu been had this style a whole 2 years before Cole came out. Say you don't see the correlation
I don't think Blu is really like Cole at all. Especially mainstream Cole. So no he didn't steal Blu's whole style.

You keep saying style but no matter how much you repeat it don't make it a fact.

Sound and rap style is completely different. Especially the content and that's even more true as Cole has evolved. Nothing about mainstream Cole even seems like Blu. I'm not sure what you're seeing.

At best I can compare their very early work. Blu's debut was way more polished and way better than Cole's. Pretty much a classic.

Exactly what did Cole take from Blu and run with? The way you talking is like Blu was in a coma or something and Cole jacked everything. Its weirdly wrong. Go back and listen to The Come Up and then Johnson & Johnson.

Main thing they got in common is being light skin.

Last edited:
I don't know, the whole conscious rap schtick Cole was on especially early on in his career is definitely Blu-esque. They have similar sounding voices and flows, it's not hard to hear the similarities in style and cadence. Blu is certainly the more talented of the 2, not to say Cole is a slouch either.

Think cole was more influenced by phonte from little brother, nas and jay-z. With Kanye production style and soul samples.

blu is from the west coast. He’s more pharcyde/souls of mischief

FCDE5E40-1540-4EBB-94A2-B301F649ECE3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom