Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

JD bout to humble this man! Can’t wait!!

Puff has a number of hits he put his name on

He's not going to get "humbled."

If you want to talk him as an actual writer and producer is one thing, not about his career and what he's been part of with Bad Boy and Uptown.

You dudes call everyone you like legendary and legends

Most people not of a certain age only know of Cee Lo, and don't even recognize him from Goodie Mobb
So in summation... "Bu bu but I don't think he or goodie mobb are legends so therefore they aren't" you narcissistic axx nxggas swear the world revolves around y'all and y'all's thoughts... You telling your whole idea of a legend is based on who people of a certain age know? Btw I don't even listen to goodie mobb, stop making assumptions on the internet homie.

Puff has a number of hits he put his name on

He's not going to get "humbled."

If you want to talk him as an actual writer and producer is one thing, not about his career and what he's been part of with Bad Boy and Uptown.
Jermaine gon beat Puff simple n plain
Especially if it’s gonna be in ATL 🤷🏽‍♂️

So in summation... "Bu bu but I don't think he or goodie mobb are legends so therefore they aren't" you narcissistic axx nxggas swear the world revolves around y'all and y'all's thoughts... You telling your whole idea of a legend is based on who people of a certain age know? Btw I don't even listen to goodie mobb, stop making assumptions on the internet homie.

Bro, I was actually spending money on Goodie Mob CD's, not streaming

and I wouldn't call Khujo a legend. If we were writing a book on hip hop could Goodie Mob be omitted? Do they need to be mentioned?

You dudes sure as hell don't recognize stuff from the 80's and 90's, so it's funny when you get sensitive when someone does the same.

I just heard someone the other week discredit Kool G Rap, because they never heard a G Rap song and he never had hits. And dude was a pioneer in styles.

It is what it is.

It’s a concert at the end of the day

Nobody is beating Jermaine in the A
Who Puff gon bring out? Who is he kool with like that in 2023?
King Combs? 😂🤣😂

Bro, I don't care about no damn Jagged Edge, Xscape, Mariah

This a Valentine's Day show?

JD's biggest advantage is that he's cool with his people and they're alive, but let's not act like Puff doesn't have the better catalog associated rap hits.

I like Jermaine off the rip because he actually writes and composes the music he’s worked on.

No slight to Puff though his contributions are appreciated.
I appreciate this answer because you're giving Jermaine his props without downplaying Puff. It shocks me that so many people are unaware of what producing actually is. Some cats believe that producing is simply making beats. I like the analogy of a producer being like a movie director. He's giving the vision, tailoring it to that artist, and he's in charge of bringing to life. Puff is a great producer.

Saying that, the concert is weird as hell

No Big, Mase, Rob, G Dep, Craig Mack

Loon doing music?

Show ain't the same, but Puff wants all the spotlight anyway

and a lot of Puff associated acts aren't out here looking healthy(Jodeci, Kim)

Bro, I was actually spending money on Goodie Mob CD's, not streaming

and I wouldn't call Khujo a legend. If we were writing a book on hip hop could Goodie Mob be omitted? Do they need to be mentioned?

You dudes sure as hell don't recognize stuff from the 80's and 90's, so it's funny when you get sensitive when someone does the same.

I just heard someone the other week discredit Kool G Rap, because they never heard a G Rap song and he never had hits. And dude was a pioneer in styles.

It is what it is.
Magic you my guy. I think you like being a contrarian just for the hell of it. You literally added credence to my point with your last lines... Goodie Mobb were pioneers in the south, in fact, you can say the dungeon family in general was. I really dislike how y'all try to discredit southern legends on here.

Magic you my guy. I think you like being a contrarian just for the hell of it. You literally added credence to my point with your last lines... Goodie Mobb were pioneers in the south, in fact, you can say the dungeon family in general was. I really dislike how y'all try to discredit southern legends on here.

Pioneers in the south?

So MC Shy D is a legend? and he never gets mentioned.

I respect Grandmaster Caz, Kool Moe Dee and Melle Mel, because I grew up listening to their names. There were others back then. Are they legends too?

Sometimes people are just old rappers b

Not every old basketball player was great or legendary.

Pioneers in the south?

So MC Shy D is a legend? and he never gets mentioned.

I respect Grandmaster Caz, Kool Moe Dee and Melle Mel, because I grew up listening to their names. There were others back then. Are they legends too?

Sometimes people are just old rappers b

Not every old basketball player was great or legendary.
So you just said in your previous post that someone told you they don't know who Kool g rap is but he's still a legend. Now in this post, you're presenting the same logic to use against MC Shy D? So your whole idea of a legend is based on people knowing who they are? Would you consider Vanilla Ice a legend? I could go into a deep dive about The Mobb's impact and their influence but the fact that I'd even have to detail that to you just tells me it'll fall on deaf ears. Y'all elitist have a gripe against the south while putting anyone from the east coast who released a project anytime between 1980-2000, on a pedestal. I'm from the south, never heard a Kool g rap song and couldn't pick the dude out of a line up but I've heard enough legends speak his praises and talk about his impact to say that he's a legend.

it’s not even a good match up cuz jd is actually producing and writing

So you just said in your previous post that someone told you they don't know who Kool g rap is but he's still a legend. Now in this post, you're presenting the same logic to use against MC Shy D? So your whole idea of a legend is based on people knowing who they are? Would you consider Vanilla Ice a legend? I could go into a deep dive about The Mobb's impact and their influence but the fact that I'd even have to detail that to you just tells me it'll fall on deaf ears. Y'all elitist have a gripe against the south while putting anyone from the east coast who released a project anytime between 1980-2000, on a pedestal. I'm from the south, never heard a Kool g rap song and couldn't pick the dude out of a line up but I've heard enough legends speak his praises and talk about his impact to say that he's a legend.

No, I'm saying the word legend and great are overused.

Kool G Rap was actually talking street gangsta drug mafiaso while rapping fast and doing multi syllables. I'm not going to expect anyone to know that. I'm not wasting my time on debating on legend to someone who's 25 or doesn't know enough about hip hop.

Have you heard anyone mentioned Gipp's name dolo, or the group? When you reduce it to legendary atlanta groups, yeah. But nobody cares about that old hating dude. It's like how Ak was dissing Mc Shan. This is the most attention Gipp has gotten in 20 years, but he's a legend? And it's revolving around talking about other people. Keith Murray is legendary too?

You put up 10 points in the league, you're respected because you were in the league, but you weren't Mike or Kobe. Everyone who picked up a microphone ain't a legend.

Back
Top Bottom