Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I remember when Swae Lee had next,they dropped a new album w/zero buzz
Just like when fans started calling Quavo the Beyonce of Migos and that he didn’t need Takeoff and Offset, they did the same with Swae Lee saying he didn’t need Slim Jimmi. Then they dropped that triple album and Swae Lee had the worst portion of the album, as he tried making “Unforgivable” 9 straight times.

E4CC3B52-5312-45D8-8FFC-0575258A50E0.jpeg
Them shorts all up in it, bruh gon get a yeast infection

Then you have to give Push credit for the Bape as well

Over Pharrell? Idk about that although that makes it interesting with Mr. me Too and that Complex interview where Wayne responds to people saying he tryna dress like them

Pharrell was wearing Bape slim fit back then, folks weren’t modeling themselves after him initially. Bape was popular because of Clipse, then Wayne in the hustler muzik video I think

Overrall Pharrell made Bape what it is but Clipse made Bape cool amongst a certain type of _'s. I don't remember anybody wearing Bape because of Wayne. He was so extra with it in the Hustler Muzik video. He just popped up in all purple Bape out the blue. He made it look goofy, I don't even think Wayne wore Bape again after that video. He dressing like Capo after that. The way Pusha and Malice rocked it made it look fly.

Jim Jones was never a good rapper to me. His best verse was on I’m ready off Diplomatic Immunity. Hustlers POME doesn’t count since max basically wrote that album I haven’t checked for Jim since. He was at his best when Max and $tack was around and he was running with their style. He’s a career style snatcher that never wanted his protégés to be bigger than him. That’s why I rock with Cam, a real boss that always tried to push guys from Juelz to Jim, Rell, Vado, Penz, JR, 40, Mafia etc… They might not have made it but Cam gave them the platform. Max and $tack would have made it if they went with Cam instead of Jim. Can dropped albums with his guys, all we ever got from Byrd Gang was that one M.O.B. mixtape(that was fire no hate)

Jim did more for his artist than a lot of these dudes do

I’m not even mad at Jim saying that and the other guest. Pusha is not “HIM” like dudes say he is and his stuff is supposed to be centered around “coke raps” which is where you can put together some 🔥 but his stuff is boring and forced.

I’m glad other people are tired of it and ain’t gassed up off Pusha too. He can def rap but yeah…

I can see it, because you can say he's not diverse enough

I like coke raps, I'm from that.

Why tf jim jones think he’s some kinda fashion icon?

Bc *****’s in his lil 40 block radius dress like him? Lol these days, ion see nobody dressing like jim jones BUT jim jones. Lol

Ny *****’s really think theyre hood is the axis of the universe.

Doesn't everyone think this way?

Jim did more for his artist than a lot of these dudes do
Nobody from his camp ever made it. Stack is gone and him and max was trying to harm each other. The other dudes nobody ever heard of. Jim should have never been a boss, he never wanted anybody to be bigger than him.

Lil Wayne doesn’t get enough credit for his contributions, he let Nicki and Drake shine to the levels we knew they could get to.

Overrall Pharrell made Bape what it is but Clipse made Bape cool amongst a certain type of _'s. I don't remember anybody wearing Bape because of Wayne. He was so extra with it in the Hustler Muzik video. He just popped up in all purple Bape out the blue. He made it look goofy, I don't even think Wayne wore Bape again after that video. He dressing like Capo after that. The way Pusha and Malice rocked it made it look fly.
Wanye started wearing bape bcuz of curren$y he has told this story many of times. Spitta was another guy that was always setting trends and stuff back then especially during the blog days. But bcuz he was underground he didn't get the credit for it.

Back
Top Bottom