Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Great article, all around.

I made the mistake of listening to the hip hop at 50 podcast too. 👎🏾👎🏾👎🏾

He’s talking about Toure. I was blown away at just how little he really knows. But yet again, not really…because Toure is the exact type of critic to say **** like this.

IMG_2273.png

Last edited:
Before the hate begins, I bought four of these five CDs (didn’t buy St Lunatics) and I like all five of these CDs. These are promotional posters from the label, I didn’t pick these albums and have them blown up.

IMG_8629.jpeg
I think the display is hard, don’t let anyone talk about your bad tastes 😂😂

Seriously, there’s not a single era that doesn’t have some bs music that’s formative in your development. Idk who I’d be if I hadn’t heard Lil Jon in the club lol

Great article, all around.

I made the mistake of listening to the hip hop at 50 podcast too. 👎🏾👎🏾👎🏾

He’s talking about Toure. I was blown away at just how little he really knows. But yet again, not really…because Toure is the exact type of critic to say **** like this.

IMG_2273.png

White Toure is like Adam. Hip hop was his gateway to us and black culture. The way he talks about Boston is that they don't have many black people. Like it's Maine. But New Edition or Benzino Boston, do you think they had few black people around growing up?

I was annoyed by some of his comments also.

That's why I corrected someone in here who thought he was from New York.

He also showed how little he actually knew. Michael Smith and Bo, that's not their job. Him? He's been leeching off the culture for 30 years.

That's why I'll always call dude White Toure. The only Toure I know is from Brooklyn, raps and is on Sirius.

RIP Combat.

I was annoyed by some of his comments also.

That's why I corrected someone in here who thought he was from New York.

He also showed how little he actually knew. Michael Smith and Bo, that's not their job. Him? He's been leeching off the culture for 30 years.

That's why I'll always call dude White Toure. The only Toure I know is from Brooklyn, raps and is on Sirius.

RIP Combat.

Yes indeed. RIP Combat.

And the bolded part, REALLY stuck out

I said bc he referred to himself as a NY’er.

Said he went to college in NY and has been there ever since. Dude like 52 now.

If thats the case, he been there long enough to claim that.

Last edited:
I said bc he referred to himself as a NY’er.

Said he went to college in NY and has been there ever since. Dude like 52 now.

If thats the case, he been there long enough to claim that.

No he hasn't and he didn't go to college in New York.

Where do you think White Toure lived and who he hung out with in New York? Much less to speak for "New Yorkers".

He's not even married to a black woman.

Why is he even in here? Would have never guessed he listened to rap. Seems like a Drake and post malone fan

Why is he even in here? Would have never guessed he listened to rap. Seems like a Drake and post malone fan

He's the "acceptable and respectable" black dude who repackages our culture for them. He's not for us, because none of us take him seriously about anything.

Back
Top Bottom