Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Am I the only one who feels like he dissed Ross on there too because he knew he was gonna take it off?

Something about peers switch gears not as relevant who they want to stand next to...

But it does seem planned because the only way that line works is if he knows Drake is already on the album, on the next song no less :lol:

Peers switch gears out of relevance or fear
when their name's not as hot as who they want to stand near

I raised an eyebrow at that line too :lol: but it could be directed at someone else since I'm not sure you can say Ross is "switching gears" if he's still standing next to him. I'd have to do some googles and see who else that could apply to.

Does Wayne have anything close to Lord willin, hell hath no fury, or we got it for cheap?

Honestly...that conversation on Budden's podcast about this just showed me ****** value different things when critiquing rappers.

Because of who I AM as a person...I'm going to learn towards certain guys who make magic with the English language. What the Clipse do, and what Wayne does are two completely different things...and that's not to say that I don't value what Wayne does because I was definitely a fan.

I'm just saying it's 2 different weight classes when it comes to rapping as a skill.

I thought of Ye when I heard that Pusha bar

It can apply to that whole YMCMBMMGWTBGOOD weird intermingling of beefs and friendships

“All u ****** weird”

**** gon be a fire documentary one day :lol:

Honestly...that conversation on Budden's podcast about this just showed me *****s value different things when critiquing rappers.

Because of who I AM as a person...I'm going to learn towards certain guys who make magic with the English language. What the Clipse do, and what Wayne does are two completely different things...and that's not to say that I don't value what Wayne does because I was definitely a fan.

I'm just saying it's 2 different weight classes when it comes to rapping as a skill.

Who would u say is better between push and Wayne at making magic out of the English language

Let’s cut the judging period for Wayne off at around Spring 08.

Who would u say is better between push and Wayne at making magic out of the English language

Let’s cut the judging period for Wayne off at around Spring 08.

Easily Pusha. Very few can utilize literary devices like he does.

Even in his prime..Wayne had a lot of throwaway bars especially when he got in his "I wanna be like Jay and I'm not going to write this down" bag. Wayne was a volume shooter. He's going to make a ton...and miss a ton.

You rocking with them clown songs Eminem in 2019? My name is? Just lose it? The real slim shady?

Clown music.
Why would you only post his troll tracks that were purely only for wordplay, rest was to piss “ public” off

His track Lucky you with Joyner Lucas gets insane play in my whip on blast

Off topic but Joyner don’t get the credit he deserves
Dude underrated as hell,
wordplay is a fusion of twista and eminem

I think I’m realizing I’m not a huge fan of Ross.

Whole album sounds like one long song to me, and I have John Legend croon fatigue after that trash feature on the Chance album.

Honestly...that conversation on Budden's podcast about this just showed me *****s value different things when critiquing rappers.

This topic was just on the pod? I literally just pulled that from my *** from reading about y'all discussing MM6 :lol:

Easily Pusha. Very few can utilize literary devices like he does.

Even in his prime..Wayne had a lot of throwaway bars especially when he got in his "I wanna be like Jay and I'm not going to write this down" bag. Wayne was a volume shooter. He's going to make a ton...and miss a ton.

“And when it comes down to this recording
I must be Lebron James if he's Jordan
No, I won rings with my performance
I'm more Kobe Bryant of an artist
Same coach, same game, been starting
Same Triangle Offense
I come through the lane like a Dodge, and
Referee ****** is lame, they call charging”

Weezy Kobe

Push layed that verse a year ago. He really had all guns ready for them _'s. :lol:

giphy.gif

I think I’m realizing I’m not a huge fan of Ross.

Whole album sounds like one long song to me, and I have John Legend croon fatigue after that trash feature on the Chance album.

Took the words outta my mouth. I'm a fan...but like you, not a "huge" fan. Ross can rap from a technical standpoint, has a great ear for beats, really good delivery, and together it all works sonically.

However, he has like 3-4 different templates...and he justs keeps doing them over, and over, and over, and over again. Which is GREAT, if you're a huge fan of him. But for me, he doesn't rap THAT well to lend him my ear for whole projects anymore. His zenith was Teflon Don. You can keep everything after. I'll check for a Ross feature on the right artists' song all day.

There are alot of artists who I view in this light. Fab being one of them.

Port of Miami II delivered. The last five tracks he really went off. Dude just knows what artists to feature on his tracks. Ross discography from his class of when he came out is almost unmatched and he can still do this **** effortlessly.

Back
Top Bottom