Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

We talked about it more in the combat Jack thread.

Murphy also confirmed they wrote that album together.

I posted some other Ali interviews that he went into good detail.

Ali sound hurt, letting money get between them.

I saw a random Kyjuan interview a year or two ago and think he hinted at Country Grammar being a collab with them all. I know everyone has said Nelly didn’t like the Country Grammar song (beat) so I don’t think he even wrote to that song, that’s everyone else’s verses.

timestamped, Nelly told the story of Country Grammar. He admitted everybody wrote on it but they ain't wanna record it. He say he always loved the record.

Somebody just explain to me how you are 5-6 years older than the rest of the group, you already had deals, read the book but somehow you get finessed by your lil homie?
Of course in hindsight we know it was a finesse but at the time he wasn't looking at it like that. I don't even think Nelly was looking at it like that at the time but his point is Nelly eventually could have made things right but didn't.

Yall gotta watch the interview before commenting lol He's not even claiming to want money he's just saying it would have been the right thing for Nelly to do is all. He said he tried to leave multiple times to do regular jobs and Nelly always begged him to come back.

Don't think it's a coincidence that Nelly stopped popping after he stopped writing.

Him dissing Nelly is going to make Nelly take them on the road again?

I just don't understand the end goal of a 50 year old man continuously crying into the mic.

and Nelly stopped popping, because that style was done and people had moved off it. Nobody had listened to Nelly for lyrics anyway.

Somebody just explain to me how you are 5-6 years older than the rest of the group, you already had deals, read the book but somehow you get finessed by your lil homie?

That doesn’t mean he has all the answers. They’re all so desperate to get on.

How do you prove and how do you get paid for writing all those verses if the Lunatics don’t have any credit? He’s said that they all got their publishing for everything except the Country Grammar album.

Didn’t Ali say they signed a bad deal to get studio time and exposure? That worked, Nelly blew up and Universal got him right out of that deal.

It’s also ****in crazy when Ali said he got 350K for the Breathe In, Breathe Out song that was on the Bad Company soundtrack. What kind of ****in budget did movies have for soundtracks back then?

Him dissing Nelly is going to make Nelly take them on the road again?

I just don't understand the end goal of a 50 year old man continuously crying into the mic.

and Nelly stopped popping, because that style was done and people had moved off it. Nobody had listened to Nelly for lyrics anyway.
Nah he said he'd never in life perform with him again. Just think he's telling his story/perspective. He wasn't overly emotional about it.

St Lunatics would’ve never gotten on had it not been for Nelly opening the door. I’m sick of the lackeys waiting 20 years to throw **** on the main guy’s name just cuz the money train ran out. Maybe they should’ve been more savvy instead of accepting whatever was thrown at them.

St Lunatics would’ve never gotten on had it not been for Nelly opening the door. I’m sick of the lackeys waiting 20 years to throw **** on the main guy’s name just cuz the money train ran out. Maybe they should’ve been more savvy instead of accepting whatever was thrown at them.
Nope. It's the opposite. The St. Lunatic's buzz and Ali's relationships are what got Nelly on. They've all said this.

Crazy how yall get mad at these people for sharing their sides of things. If anything, I commend them for staying silent so long.

Nope. It's the opposite. The St. Lunatic's buzz and Ali's relationships are what got Nelly on. They've all said this.

Crazy how yall get mad at these people for sharing their sides of things. If anything, I commend them for staying silent so long.
If their buzz got Nelly on, why couldn’t they create more buzz for the group? I’ve never spent substantial time in STL so I don’t know what kind of attention they had back then, I just know on a national level, Nelly was put in the spotlight.

Murphy and Kyjuan haven’t said anything negative about Nelly. They’ve been neutral and still want to do shows with Nelly and Ali.

Ali said he wants his publishing from writing those songs on Country Grammar and didn’t like Nelly holding or delaying payments over small ****.

Kyjuan saying they wrote the song and album too. Kyjuan said he had a stroke and the interviewer skipped right over it, hahahaha. Kyjuan saying how much money you think we made the Cardinals?

Last edited by a moderator:

I look at it as all of them contributed, but the others were replaceable.

Nelly had the look and chicks liked him, period. He was easily marketable.

Nelly allowed them all to get deals, now it's what you do with it as a man.

Either you become Tony Yayo or make your own way. I would say the same if I20 was crying about Luda or GLC was crying about Kanye.

Murphy and Kyjuan haven’t said anything negative about Nelly. They’ve been neutral and still want to do shows with Nelly and Ali.

Ali said he wants his publishing from writing those songs on Country Grammar and didn’t like Nelly holding or delaying payments over small ****.
I was a fan of the group as a shorty, even had some Vokal lol.. So I’m coming from the standpoint of figure it out behind closed doors and show that unity that was on display back in the day…

I also don’t blame anyone for wanting their money for contributing to a person’s success. All I’m saying is that the way they go about airing grievances irks me.

If their buzz got Nelly on, why couldn’t they create more buzz for the group? I’ve never spent substantial time in STL so I don’t know what kind of attention they had back then, I just know on a national level, Nelly was put in the spotlight.
That was supposed to be the plan. He said Cudda started playing Nelly against them though. Then of course ego took over.

I hung out with Murph's lil bro a few times while working in St Louis for a year. He said they still had love for "Mo" and would never diss him publicly but he did do some grimey ish to them behind the scenes.

Back
Top Bottom