raw denim bay area/sacramento

if you live in the SJ area you can hit up AZUKI, they have a nice selection of nudies and apc's along w/ others. If you want to drive down to SF you can check out Self-edge. They have really good selection of jeans if you willing to drop the $$. I also believe that Lucky Lefty's which is located in Sacramento has apc's and prob has other raw denim as well. What kind of jeans are you looking for though? brand wise....

if you live in the SJ area you can hit up AZUKI, they have a nice selection of nudies and apc's along w/ others. If you want to drive down to SF you can check out Self-edge. They have really good selection of jeans if you willing to drop the $$. I also believe that Lucky Lefty's which is located in Sacramento has apc's and prob has other raw denim as well. What kind of jeans are you looking for though? brand wise....

Getta Clue has some good denim.
They have a lot of Nudies, but not selvedge (last time I checked); they have selvedge in other brands that I dont remember.

Getta Clue has some good denim.
They have a lot of Nudies, but not selvedge (last time I checked); they have selvedge in other brands that I dont remember.

brand wise...i'm really a super noob and don't know (or haven't researched enough) many other brands other than Nudies and APC....but i'm really lookin for some Nudies because they have different pant length sizes opposed to just a waist size

i might check the spot in Sacramento, i wonder if they let you try it on (doubt it)

brand wise...i'm really a super noob and don't know (or haven't researched enough) many other brands other than Nudies and APC....but i'm really lookin for some Nudies because they have different pant length sizes opposed to just a waist size

i might check the spot in Sacramento, i wonder if they let you try it on (doubt it)

check out self edge in the mission if you are in SF. Great selection of denim and they will take the time to make sure you get what you want

check out self edge in the mission if you are in SF. Great selection of denim and they will take the time to make sure you get what you want

Let us know how it goes/what you end up with. I just picked up the mr freedom californian a few weeks ago and it has been great

Let us know how it goes/what you end up with. I just picked up the mr freedom californian a few weeks ago and it has been great

I've been looking for a new pair of raw denim too...I may have to hit up Self Edge because a lot of people have been referring me to that place and the service is great.
I bought a pair of APC Rescue's from Lucky Lefty's last year. Check them out too.

I've been looking for a new pair of raw denim too...I may have to hit up Self Edge because a lot of people have been referring me to that place and the service is great.
I bought a pair of APC Rescue's from Lucky Lefty's last year. Check them out too.

in regards to buying....do they let you try on the jeans? because i've been hearing that you have to size down a lot to get the right fit

in regards to buying....do they let you try on the jeans? because i've been hearing that you have to size down a lot to get the right fit

At self edge they definitely let you try everything on...and dont worry they wont let you walk out of the door with something that will stretch too much. If this is your first time in raw denim be specific about how you want the jeans to fit once they are broken in so they can help you - or at least some guidance. And make sure to ask them questions about how to properly take care of the denim (depending on what you end up getting the care is going to be different). And they will stretch so if they feel hella tight when you first try them on dont be too alarmed

Ive only gone in there once and the guys there were super helpful and not at all stuck-up like a lot of boutiques can be but if for some reason that doesnt work out, another place that is worth checking out is AB Fits in North Beach. They carry a lot of raw denim and are also really helpful.

At self edge they definitely let you try everything on...and dont worry they wont let you walk out of the door with something that will stretch too much. If this is your first time in raw denim be specific about how you want the jeans to fit once they are broken in so they can help you - or at least some guidance. And make sure to ask them questions about how to properly take care of the denim (depending on what you end up getting the care is going to be different). And they will stretch so if they feel hella tight when you first try them on dont be too alarmed

Ive only gone in there once and the guys there were super helpful and not at all stuck-up like a lot of boutiques can be but if for some reason that doesnt work out, another place that is worth checking out is AB Fits in North Beach. They carry a lot of raw denim and are also really helpful.

Lucky lefty's is owned by a NT'er and also (from what I remember) gave out a discount for us NT'ers if we mentioned it to him.
Most stores should let you try on the jeans and if they don't you should just walk out of there. How are you going to buy something that might not fit.
Marti- it really depends on the brand and if it is sanforized. Also it depends on what type of fit you like. Some ppl size down like crazy while others might size down 1 or none at all. Self-edge has a website you should check that out. Though I never been to the store I know they have top quality denim so it does get expensive. I would say to test the waters out with some apc's, nudies or even some naked and famous before you go out spending lots of $$.

Back
Top Bottom