raw denim bay area/sacramento

Lucky lefty's is owned by a NT'er and also (from what I remember) gave out a discount for us NT'ers if we mentioned it to him.
Most stores should let you try on the jeans and if they don't you should just walk out of there. How are you going to buy something that might not fit.
Marti- it really depends on the brand and if it is sanforized. Also it depends on what type of fit you like. Some ppl size down like crazy while others might size down 1 or none at all. Self-edge has a website you should check that out. Though I never been to the store I know they have top quality denim so it does get expensive. I would say to test the waters out with some apc's, nudies or even some naked and famous before you go out spending lots of $$.

Aren't APC's etc. already expensive?

And i plan on makin a trip to Self Edge this Saturday (depending on school work) ...are they busy? i really hope to get some 1 on 1 help when i choose my pair

Aren't APC's etc. already expensive?

And i plan on makin a trip to Self Edge this Saturday (depending on school work) ...are they busy? i really hope to get some 1 on 1 help when i choose my pair

Apcs are considered starter jeans. They are expensive, but when you compare them to jeans like iron hearts,sugar canes or samurai's they are cheap since they all range $250+. I haven't been there before so I am not sure how busy they are. Also don't worry too much about the inseam since you could get that hemmed.

Apcs are considered starter jeans. They are expensive, but when you compare them to jeans like iron hearts,sugar canes or samurai's they are cheap since they all range $250+. I haven't been there before so I am not sure how busy they are. Also don't worry too much about the inseam since you could get that hemmed.

yeah - just one last word of caution on APCs - they will stretch and never stop stretching. I really like them because its a good denim and its not too expensive but just know that wont ever stop stretching in the waist so even if you size down 2 - 3 inches in the last its only a matter of time before they are too big. Just a heads up...

yeah - just one last word of caution on APCs - they will stretch and never stop stretching. I really like them because its a good denim and its not too expensive but just know that wont ever stop stretching in the waist so even if you size down 2 - 3 inches in the last its only a matter of time before they are too big. Just a heads up...

Originally Posted by kapstone

isn't that why you buy raw denim 2 sizes smaller?

for all my nudies and apcs i get them 2 sizes smaller, and in about a day they fit perfect and do not stretch out anymore.  although that first day is horrible, i can barely button them up haha

for all my nudies and apcs i get them 2 sizes smaller, and in about a day they fit perfect and do not stretch out anymore.  although that first day is horrible, i can barely button them up haha

Originally Posted by dangsdunks

yeah definitely - i was just saying that my experience with APCs in particular is that they never stop stretching.  like i sized down 3 sizes on my new standards and they fit for awhile but kept stretching and now they wont stay up without a belt whereas nudies or other pants were real tight at first, stretched and are now where they are supposed to be.  the stretching is normal which is definitely why you size down, in APC i just found they stretched way too much for me.  just one mans opinion

yeah definitely - i was just saying that my experience with APCs in particular is that they never stop stretching.  like i sized down 3 sizes on my new standards and they fit for awhile but kept stretching and now they wont stay up without a belt whereas nudies or other pants were real tight at first, stretched and are now where they are supposed to be.  the stretching is normal which is definitely why you size down, in APC i just found they stretched way too much for me.  just one mans opinion

have you gained weight? or bike with the jeans? I have a pair of APC's which have stretched but as of now they have stayed the same size. which type of nudies do you have, cus i have a pair that are not stretching at all. I might need to do some lunges in them
laugh.gif

have you gained weight? or bike with the jeans? I have a pair of APC's which have stretched but as of now they have stayed the same size. which type of nudies do you have, cus i have a pair that are not stretching at all. I might need to do some lunges in them
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by davizzy

laugh.gif
ha - no my waste has stayed the same - i wore them hard - i guess i did do a lot of biking in them i dont know?  like i said I really like APC and highly recommend them just a word of warning based on my experience and how you wear them?  as for my nudies - they were just regular ralfs in greycast or whatever nudie calls that denim.  They stretched but it took a while.  Ive been known to do a nice lunge or two in my denim to get it stretched.  how long have you had them?

to OP - they will shrink immediately if you wash but will re stretch, so its a temporary fix? 

Originally Posted by davizzy

laugh.gif
ha - no my waste has stayed the same - i wore them hard - i guess i did do a lot of biking in them i dont know?  like i said I really like APC and highly recommend them just a word of warning based on my experience and how you wear them?  as for my nudies - they were just regular ralfs in greycast or whatever nudie calls that denim.  They stretched but it took a while.  Ive been known to do a nice lunge or two in my denim to get it stretched.  how long have you had them?

to OP - they will shrink immediately if you wash but will re stretch, so its a temporary fix? 

My advice 
2 sizes down on apc's

1 size down on nudies

Don't wash the denim until you absolutely have to.

If you like a slim fit you will want to look for

APC new standards or new cures

Nudes Slim Jim's, thin finns or slim kims
sick.gif

If your looking for a straight fit

APC Rescues

Nudes

Regular Ralphs or Average Joe's

Other Brands to look for if your willing to spend a bit more

Iron Hearts

KMW

SugarCanes

Left Field

A couple brands that I think fly under the radar

Three sixteen

Edwins

Crates

My advice 
2 sizes down on apc's

1 size down on nudies

Don't wash the denim until you absolutely have to.

If you like a slim fit you will want to look for

APC new standards or new cures

Nudes Slim Jim's, thin finns or slim kims
sick.gif

If your looking for a straight fit

APC Rescues

Nudes

Regular Ralphs or Average Joe's

Other Brands to look for if your willing to spend a bit more

Iron Hearts

KMW

SugarCanes

Left Field

A couple brands that I think fly under the radar

Three sixteen

Edwins

Crates

kapstone- I usually just wear them casually so i do not wear them too hard and i have had them for awhile, but i do not wear them all the time since i have other denim i wear. So it is pretty hard to get good fades in them but i do see them coming in.
marti- If your a small dude like me and want a slim look i would highly recommend buying some new standard APC's or some Nudie Slim Jims cus the other styles IMO are wayy too skinny of a fit. unless that is the look your going for. And like LB510 suggested size down 2 for apc's and 1 for nudies.

kapstone- I usually just wear them casually so i do not wear them too hard and i have had them for awhile, but i do not wear them all the time since i have other denim i wear. So it is pretty hard to get good fades in them but i do see them coming in.
marti- If your a small dude like me and want a slim look i would highly recommend buying some new standard APC's or some Nudie Slim Jims cus the other styles IMO are wayy too skinny of a fit. unless that is the look your going for. And like LB510 suggested size down 2 for apc's and 1 for nudies.

Are the APC New Standards really slim at the bottom? I know they are cut with a taper...I was thinking of purchasing a pair but am unsure since I have big calves =(

Are the APC New Standards really slim at the bottom? I know they are cut with a taper...I was thinking of purchasing a pair but am unsure since I have big calves =(

Back
Top Bottom