Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Mandatory crappy rock video by Anton post

hmmm....i post metal vids often in general?
nerd.gif
Yes, last time it was a religious thread I believe.  Crap it was
alien.gif

Hmm....i mean when you say mandatory you make it seem like I post metal vids in every thread.

And you stop that, God gives head in heaven is crack. Death metal is the most mature and intelligent form of modern music, you just need to have an ear for it. BDW there's a diff between "rock" and metal....get it right.
grin.gif

Mandatory crappy rock video by Anton post

hmmm....i post metal vids often in general?
nerd.gif
Yes, last time it was a religious thread I believe.  Crap it was
alien.gif

Hmm....i mean when you say mandatory you make it seem like I post metal vids in every thread.

And you stop that, God gives head in heaven is crack. Death metal is the most mature and intelligent form of modern music, you just need to have an ear for it. BDW there's a diff between "rock" and metal....get it right.
grin.gif

Lemme put it another way in an attempt to show you my point of view. What does an apple and an orange have in common? They are both roundish....and fruits. There are many adjectives you can use to describe an apple. Imagine said apple saying it is red and not round in an attempt to separate itself from other round fruits.
funny.gif

Lemme put it another way in an attempt to show you my point of view. What does an apple and an orange have in common? They are both roundish....and fruits. There are many adjectives you can use to describe an apple. Imagine said apple saying it is red and not round in an attempt to separate itself from other round fruits.
funny.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

well if i told someone i was black they would totally dismiss my culture as well.
so I bet you don't
it's not like they can't see your color 
eyes.gif
so anton, if someone asks about your culture, do you simply say black?

well if i told someone i was black they would totally dismiss my culture as well.
so I bet you don't
eyes.gif

so I bet you don't
eyes.gif

I don't go out of my way to say I'm "not black". Ninjahood says he's "hispanic" and NOT BLACK. He places black people into one culture. Hispanic isn't any more of a culture than "black". That is my point. Mexicans are hispanic/latino.....Dominicans have a distinct culture from Hispanic. I'm heated some people in here don't get a very simple point I'm tryna make
laugh.gif

so I bet you don't
eyes.gif

I don't go out of my way to say I'm "not black". Ninjahood says he's "hispanic" and NOT BLACK. He places black people into one culture. Hispanic isn't any more of a culture than "black". That is my point. Mexicans are hispanic/latino.....Dominicans have a distinct culture from Hispanic. I'm heated some people in here don't get a very simple point I'm tryna make
laugh.gif

so I bet you don't
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
but you can see his color... so why would he have to say it?
same reason you don't simply say you're black

so I bet you don't
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I was listening to Tariq and he spoke about the video of the young teenaged girl speaking about how she isn't black, she is Cape Verdian, and how terrible black people are, etc, etc.
Can someone please post this video?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I was listening to Tariq and he spoke about the video of the young teenaged girl speaking about how she isn't black, she is Cape Verdian, and how terrible black people are, etc, etc.
Can someone please post this video?

laugh.gif
I don't have a problem with him saying he's Dominican......but I do find flaws in his logic when he says he's latino and not black. He doesn't realize how stupid that sounds. He has as much African blood in him than the people he considers "black". You and I are making the same point, black is not a culture.

laugh.gif
I don't have a problem with him saying he's Dominican......but I do find flaws in his logic when he says he's latino and not black. He doesn't realize how stupid that sounds. He has as much African blood in him than the people he considers "black". You and I are making the same point, black is not a culture.

laugh.gif
it's assumed to be African American culture by most people
especially in "da hood" where most of us reside

laugh.gif
it's assumed to be African American culture by most people
especially in "da hood" where most of us reside

The great thing about cultural labels is that you can be whatever you want to be... or you're simply a product of your environment... they can't control your mind. Unfortunately (at least for some of ya'll embarrassed/self-hatin folk) race manifests itself in phenotypical traits... traits you don't control that are determined by a third party... it is what it is...
Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

now do I care if they embrace it? Hell no cause I honestly don't give 2 @$@*! about that poor *@! island and if they come to America then they're just as much of a n' as I am ....and all the denying in the world won't change that
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
That's it really...

Back
Top Bottom