Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by 0cks

No you are not, but it is a very simplistic way to think about it. 
laugh.gif
Thank you!
It wasn't a compliment or affirmation.
Expound... you clearly understand it's true so why the hell would I take the confirmation of a true statement as a compliment?
"Water is wet!" "You're right!" "WOW, thanks for the compliment!" Cmon man give me a little bit more credit here
laugh.gif
The thanks was for the confirmation (duh)

Originally Posted by Eyrkel

I am i reading correctly ? are the Hispanic members on this forum with obvious pigmentation telling me there proud that Spanish conquistadors forcefully breed there ancestors like cattle in order to exploit and make a profit off of there hard labor and have not seen a dime out of these profits that have made and built modern cities in Spain ? guarantee if any of the members who are claiming to be Hispanic were to go to Spain they would not be received by the Spanish of Spain with open arms. We can clearly see which nation had the bigger balls during the slave trade, thus the plight Haiti is now in.

It's brain washing that African = inferior... Haiti said @!* that... know they're not eating @ the table (really not too many countries are... some are just left to eat pig entrails etc.)
laugh.gif
you guys patting each other in the back with statements that don't make sense.

What would you say about Mexico?

Did we not fight for our Independence from Spain?  Much like the US fought for it's Independence from England?

Is that brain washing?

Does it not interest you enough because, Mexico is not "black" enough for you guys?
laugh.gif

I am i reading correctly ? are the Hispanic members on this forum with obvious pigmentation telling me there proud that Spanish conquistadors forcefully breed there ancestors like cattle in order to exploit and make a profit off of there hard labor and have not seen a dime out of these profits that have made and built modern cities in Spain ? guarantee if any of the members who are claiming to be Hispanic were to go to Spain they would not be received by the Spanish of Spain with open arms. We can clearly see which nation had the bigger balls during the slave trade, thus the plight Haiti is now in.

It's brain washing that African = inferior... Haiti said @!* that... know they're not eating @ the table (really not too many countries are... some are just left to eat pig entrails etc.)
laugh.gif
you guys patting each other in the back with statements that don't make sense.

What would you say about Mexico?

Did we not fight for our Independence from Spain?  Much like the US fought for it's Independence from England?

Is that brain washing?

Does it not interest you enough because, Mexico is not "black" enough for you guys?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Are black Americans proud the White slaveowners forcefully bred their ancestors like cattle in order to exploit and make a profit.....yada yada yada.  It sounds stupid.

It's funny some use the word Hispanic, a lot of folks refuse to use that term and prefer to use Latino.

I don't understand what you are trying to get at, Latino's from every sect (Puerto Rico, DR, Mexico) all have their distinct cultures.

this....so why does ninjahood accept this label and deny "blackness"
The one obvious thing you can tell without speaking to that person.  But real talk though, why can't you be a black latino?  speaking purely on race and what we see with our eyes.  There are black people all over the world, the word black isn't synonymous to black american culture to me.  Is it such a terrible term?

Are black Americans proud the White slaveowners forcefully bred their ancestors like cattle in order to exploit and make a profit.....yada yada yada.  It sounds stupid.

It's funny some use the word Hispanic, a lot of folks refuse to use that term and prefer to use Latino.

I don't understand what you are trying to get at, Latino's from every sect (Puerto Rico, DR, Mexico) all have their distinct cultures.

this....so why does ninjahood accept this label and deny "blackness"
The one obvious thing you can tell without speaking to that person.  But real talk though, why can't you be a black latino?  speaking purely on race and what we see with our eyes.  There are black people all over the world, the word black isn't synonymous to black american culture to me.  Is it such a terrible term?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

I'm not talking about skin color either. Latino is no more a culture than black is. Mexicans are latino. Peruvians are latino. Cubans are latino. There is a difference between these cultures.
ok let's hear it from you...what makes a Puerto Rican, Peruvian, and Mexican all latino and a dominican NOT latino......

by that logic doesn't that make Jim Jones, who is Aruban & Puerto Rican MORE latino then me, who's born of parents born in da dominican republic?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

My point is why are you latino (arbitrary label) and NOT BLACK?

latin america map

[h1]Latino (demonym)[/h1]
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The demonyms Latino and Latina (feminine), are defined in English language dictionaries as:
  • "a person of Latin-American or Spanish-speaking descent."[sup][1][/sup]
  • "A Latin American."[sup][2][/sup]
  • "A person of Hispanic, especially Latin-American, descent, often one living in the United States."[sup][2][/sup]
  • "a native or inhabitant of Latin America"[sup][3][/sup]
  • "a person of Latin-American origin living in the United States"[sup][3][/sup]
  • "someone who lives in the US and who comes from or whose family comes from Latin America"[sup][4][/sup]
The two words originate in American Spanish latino and latina (from Latin Latinus, Latina), either meaning "Latin", or possibly a clipped form of latinoamericano, "Latin American".[sup][1][/sup][sup][2][/sup][sup][3][/sup]

In the United States, the term is in official use in the ethnonym Hispanic or Latino, defined as "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race."[sup][5][/sup][sup][6][/sup]

now if certain IDIOTS can't grasp it after that then i dunno what to tell you anymore.

I'm not talking about skin color either. Latino is no more a culture than black is. Mexicans are latino. Peruvians are latino. Cubans are latino. There is a difference between these cultures.
ok let's hear it from you...what makes a Puerto Rican, Peruvian, and Mexican all latino and a dominican NOT latino......

by that logic doesn't that make Jim Jones, who is Aruban & Puerto Rican MORE latino then me, who's born of parents born in da dominican republic?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

latin america map

[h1]Latino (demonym)[/h1]
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The demonyms Latino and Latina (feminine), are defined in English language dictionaries as:
  • "a person of Latin-American or Spanish-speaking descent."[sup][1][/sup]
  • "A Latin American."[sup][2][/sup]
  • "A person of Hispanic, especially Latin-American, descent, often one living in the United States."[sup][2][/sup]
  • "a native or inhabitant of Latin America"[sup][3][/sup]
  • "a person of Latin-American origin living in the United States"[sup][3][/sup]
  • "someone who lives in the US and who comes from or whose family comes from Latin America"[sup][4][/sup]
The two words originate in American Spanish latino and latina (from Latin Latinus, Latina), either meaning "Latin", or possibly a clipped form of latinoamericano, "Latin American".[sup][1][/sup][sup][2][/sup][sup][3][/sup]

In the United States, the term is in official use in the ethnonym Hispanic or Latino, defined as "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race."[sup][5][/sup][sup][6][/sup]

now if certain IDIOTS can't grasp it after that then i dunno what to tell you anymore.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

But this entry still acknowledges race as a seperate entity.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

should we find out whose family tree traces back to slaves, spaniards?
what if some don't?

should we assume every black person in America is traced back to slaves?

should we wear patches and divide ourselves while talking about paying tribute to the white man? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

should we find out whose family tree traces back to slaves, spaniards?
what if some don't?

should we assume every black person in America is traced back to slaves?

should we wear patches and divide ourselves while talking about paying tribute to the white man? 
laugh.gif

Not only is the reoccurence of this perennial topic lame....much as I hate to admit it because he comes across as a $%#@+%*, AntonLaVey is 100% right. I'm lost for words to understand how Ninjahood doesnt get it. Its logic as plain as can be.

I'm Jamaican, our motto is 'Out Of Many, One People' because we had Arawaks and Taino descendents on our island too just like DR. In fact Jamaica was a Spanish island until they handed it over to the English. I wouldnt claim to be hispanic of course because thats cultural, but at least I would never deny that I'm gentically black because thats by far the greater part of my genetics. Arawak / Taino / Spanish if any would be a misniscule part of my DNA or my looks by comparison if we had to go to a lab.

If we're talking race....I'm a black Jamaican (Caribbean culture), Ninjahood is a black Dominican (Hispanic culture), Anton is Black Nigerian (Ibo culture) and its not impossible for everyone to get along...because black IS NOT bad

"Real talk" why do you guys insist on labels?

So should I go around saying I'm a white Latino. 
laugh.gif

Figure $$#$ out amongst yourselves first (dark skinned AA's vs. light skinned AA's, ghetto vs. Uncle Tom, etc.) before you go around tossing labels at other ethnicities/cultures while throwing insults our way.  All I've seen is the belittling of Latino culture, by those that can't comprehend or understand it.  You know since Ninjahood considers himself Latino because he speaks Spanish and eats Plantains  (That's +@!$+$+ insulting whether you are naive, ignorant, or just a plain +@!$+$+ idiot.)

Expound... you clearly understand it's true so why the hell would I take the confirmation of a true statement as a compliment?
Your comment was insulting and condescending.  

"Real talk" why do you guys insist on labels?

So should I go around saying I'm a white Latino. 
laugh.gif

Figure $$#$ out amongst yourselves first (dark skinned AA's vs. light skinned AA's, ghetto vs. Uncle Tom, etc.) before you go around tossing labels at other ethnicities/cultures while throwing insults our way.  All I've seen is the belittling of Latino culture, by those that can't comprehend or understand it.  You know since Ninjahood considers himself Latino because he speaks Spanish and eats Plantains  (That's +@!$+$+ insulting whether you are naive, ignorant, or just a plain +@!$+$+ idiot.)

Your comment was insulting and condescending.  

Not only is the reoccurence of this perennial topic lame....much as I hate to admit it because he comes across as a $%#@+%*, AntonLaVey is 100% right. I'm lost for words to understand how Ninjahood doesnt get it. Its logic as plain as can be.

I'm Jamaican, our motto is 'Out Of Many, One People' because we had Arawaks and Taino descendents on our island too just like DR. In fact Jamaica was a Spanish island until they handed it over to the English. I wouldnt claim to be hispanic of course because thats cultural, but at least I would never deny that I'm gentically black because thats by far the greater part of my genetics. Arawak / Taino / Spanish if any would be a misniscule part of my DNA or my looks by comparison if we had to go to a lab.

If we're talking race....I'm a black Jamaican (Caribbean culture), Ninjahood is a black Dominican (Hispanic culture), Anton is Black Nigerian (Ibo culture) and its not impossible for everyone to get along...because black IS NOT bad

Why did dude just post a pic of south america....Im not even saying he ISN'T LATINO
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm just asking why he isn't black AS WELL.

imagine someone born in NYC and that has lived there all his life saying he ISN'T  new yorker.

When you take standardized exams, there are options to classify your ethnicity eg the MCATS and SAT.

Why do you think they make a distinction between hispanic and hispanic, non black. I'm not even making this up. There is an option for black and nonblack hispanic on standardized test
laugh.gif

Why did dude just post a pic of south america....Im not even saying he ISN'T LATINO
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm just asking why he isn't black AS WELL.

imagine someone born in NYC and that has lived there all his life saying he ISN'T  new yorker.

When you take standardized exams, there are options to classify your ethnicity eg the MCATS and SAT.

Why do you think they make a distinction between hispanic and hispanic, non black. I'm not even making this up. There is an option for black and nonblack hispanic on standardized test
laugh.gif

I can see you though fam *shrugs. Black americans roots are as varied as they come, but no one ever extends them the courtesy that you guys are asking.

I can see you though fam *shrugs. Black americans roots are as varied as they come, but no one ever extends them the courtesy that you guys are asking.

Back
Top Bottom