Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

Trillmatic....

* Freshman CB Demarcus VanDyke is working primarily with the second team behind Randy Phillips. Bruce Johnson is currently working primarly as a third-teamer.

VanDyke went up against Leonard Hankerson at times in today's practice.

"He looks like he hasn't missed a beat (from the summer)," VanDyke said. "He's very athletic, is real fast. His routes are real crisp."

* Safety Willie Cooper is also playing some linebacker this fall.

* Vegas Franklin caught a tipped ball for an interception in today's work. There were no offensive touchdowns in 7-on-7 or 11-on-11 work. But there were some nice completions, including a long completion to Sam Shields.

There were also long runs broken by Willie Cooper and Javarris James in inside run drills.

"The offense is knick-knacking down the field, and that's what we're looking for," Cooper said. "Every day isn't going to be a big play, but the offense is looking good."

* S Kenny Phillips says he expects to be able to freelance in the defensive backfield more this year.

And he thinks that could result in more interceptions.

"Last year most of the time I was in the box, didn't have a chance to roam the field," Phillips said. "This year they're going to give me an opportunity and we'll see what happens."

* LB Glenn Cook is lining up as the first team weakside linebacker.

Temmates say he has the best working knowledge of the defense.

"I still have to work (to remain a starter)," Cook said. "Spencer Adkins is coming along, Tavares Gooden is working hard. Right now it could be any of three people starting. It's still the first week. Hopefully I do start."

* PK Matt Bosher says it remains an open competition for the kicker and punting jobs.

"All I can do is perform," he said. "That's all I can do."

* RB Graig Cooper says the offensive line is doing a nice job of opening holes.

"We're just working," Cooper said. "We're putting in extra work and will work all the way up to Sept. 1. Everybody's doing well the offense is doing well, the defense is doing well."

Cooper says he's happy with his progress to this point. While he's splitting first team carries with Javarris James, he says he's not thinking about whether he starts or not.

* Ryan Hill is playing primarily as the first team slot receiver. Darnell Jenkins and Hankerson are also playing slot.

* WR coach Marques Mosely was asked about the progress of receivers George Robinson and Khalil Jones.

"They're both guys that are going with a lot of confidence and are really stepping up," Mosely said. "Khalil has been here quite a few years, can play anywhere on the field for me. And Khalil is really getting some confidence right now in fall camp.

"George is a guy who is really impressing me right now. The injury (from last year) isn't hurting him. He's looked smooth, he's looked aggressive, he's very fast off the line and I'm really trying to push George to get ready to play this year as well."

Mosely adds that "Fans should be real excited about what the wide receiver corps can do this year."

Good god someone needs to get Glenn Cook out of thats starting position. He is :x
sick.gif
The Return of Swol​
Moderate Deez​

Quote:
He hasn't beaten a team that finished the season in the Top 25 yet.

And, to those who say we don't have a secondary, we have tons of depth, are two starters are returning seniors and backing them up is another senior who started at nickleback. Also, we have two sophmores Darrin Walls and Raeshon McNeil who should push for playing time.

Say what you will, but these guys will come to play, and they have something to prove this season.

I remember the days when you could walk into J.C. Penny's and pick up Jay's. Man I wish those days were still around.

c'mon guys, read the posts.. Rbeezy said notre dame had alot of young talent.. then gunna comes in here asking "where is it at".. so i make a quick list of all the YOUNG unproven talent thats on the nd bench that will get a chance to compete this year.. and then all of a sudden you guys come back with a list of all the non existent stats for all these players.. well duh they don't have any stats... i was making a list of all the young talent that has come in the last couple years that has not seen the field...

and you talk about abriaimi maybe underachieving .. when charlie didn't have much to do with the defense the last few years because minter had most of the control on defense.. and what has been the weak spot? defense.. but notre dame is trying to do something about it by firing coach minter and bringing in Corwin Brown from the Jets to run the defense... offensive draft picks have been brady quinn, ryan harris, maurice stovall, and anthony fasano... and jeff samardzija would have been a 1-2 round pick had he not chosen baseball over football.. please tell me what quinn, samardzija, stovall, and fasano did before weis got there.. no where close to what they were producing when weis was running the offense...

and if Ty was coaching nd the last 2 seasons, there's no way they get into the bcs the last two years.. call it a joke, call it whatever you want, bottom line is nd has been there the last two years with charlie running the team and with ty we probably wouldn't have even come close... sure we got blown out last year.. but the last two years notre dame has gone against ohio state and lsu in their bcs bowl games.. 2 great teams.. notre dame always faces the best opponent available and never a team like say last year oklahoma, boise state, or wake forest in the bcs.. truthfully nd couldn't compete with those elite 5 or 6 teams the last few years.. but they could compete with just about anybody else imo the last couple years...

Also as far as defensive recruiting.. minter had been in charge of lots of the defensive recruiting and basically did not take care of business.. nd lost out on chris donald and many others.. But alot of the fault goes to Charlie on that as well, he should have stepped in and took over some of these recruits because minter obviously was not doing his job..corwin brown has come in this year and landed people like steve filer, omar hunter, and ethan johnson on the defensive side of the ball... so recruiting is finally starting to even out where as the last few years it has been very one sided...

and your saying nd hasn't beaten a top 25 team.. didn't we beat your michigan team when they were ranked #2 in the country... and you keep saying that nd is rebuilding and weis needs to admit it.. well i wonder why everybody thinks we're rebuilding? its probably because the talent that we have that are seniors and juniors that ty recruited is not that great...
[color=003300]E[/color][color=255025]q[/color][color=6e8b6e]u[/color][color=92a892]i[/color][color=b7c5b7]p[/color][color=dbe3db]o[/color]TR[color=ffb7b7]I[/color][color=ff9292]c[/color][color=ff6e6e]o[/color][color=ff4949]l[/color][color=ff2525]o[/color][color=ff0000]r[/color]​
T E A M M I D W E S T
Reppin the 260
FLO holdin down Indiana​

Quote:
where is this talent? show me ..

Top 10 in recruiting, No. 1 recruit signed on in January + upcoming sophmore class that was ranked in the top 10.

Where was Ty ranked in the top 25, well 2002 he was ranked 24th, 2003 not bad at 12, 2004 NR, 2005 NR.

Charlie's 1st 2 years and already in top 10. That says something about your coach.
I remember the days when you could walk into J.C. Penny's and pick up Jay's. Man I wish those days were still around.

Quote:
and your saying nd hasn't beaten a top 25 team.. didn't we beat your michigan team when they were ranked #2 in the country...
MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

eyes.gif
great more blame for other coaches other than weis. im guessing itll be corwin browns fault when your team is struggling for a 500 record this year. maybe you nd fans need to come to grips that weis isnt the offensive genius that yall think he is.

and ill give weis credit for quinn even though the guy was a freshman and sophmore under ty. but ryan harris was a 4 year starter and would have been drafted without weis help. stovall had talent just had problems catching the ball which im sure weis helped him with that
eyes.gif
and sure ill give weis credit for fasano being a 4th rd pick
eyes.gif
even though dude would probably have been drafted without weis help as well.
USC TROJANS
Louisiana Superdome January 7, 2008​
Joe McKnight - Future Heisman Winner​

Quote:
maybe you nd fans need to come to grips that weis isnt the offensive genius that yall think he is
Team Oakland Athletics

Quote:
Top 10 in recruiting, No. 1 recruit signed on in January + upcoming sophmore class that was ranked in the top 10.

Like I said, Ur definition of Talent on the collegiate level is different from mine. High School Talent doesnt always translate to the next level. correct me when Im off base tho.

Quote:
Look at what he did with New Englad, that team wasn't the same when he left

really? Tom Brady aint missed a step since Weis left, and if there is any type of fall off, lets see, theyve lost, Branch, Givens, and Faulk has been in & out the lienup.
NE was known for their Defensive schemes. Not their offensive ingenuity.

anyway good luck to all the ND fans & supporters, hope the squad proves me wrong.

on a different Note, Give Colorado one more yr under Hawkins and they will win the Big 12.
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

The Andre Berto Movement:Get Down or Lay Down

07.jpg

21.jpg
:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Let'sGoBlue

make the world a better place, punch bi\\\ martin in the face​
anti-jim harbaugh​

Yall Michigan fans still screamin Mike Hart is 5'9????

:lol:
laugh.gif

They playin camera tricks so Hart dont look so short

Dont I have a bet with a few of yall come NFL combine time when the official heights come out? :nerd:
nerd.gif

btw, dont mistake me crackin on his height for downplayin how good a RB he is. :pimp:
pimp.gif

[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Ok are we talking Tom Brady or the Pats, b/c after Weis left their offense went from above 400 pts to 370 something and their record to 10-6 from 14-2 the prev. year they won the Super Bowl. Last year, offense was still below 400 record was better at 12-4, but still 1st year that Weis was gone, not the same team.
Team Oakland Athletics

Gunna
08.jpg
laugh.gif
Let'sGoBlue

make the world a better place, punch bi\\\ martin in the face​
anti-jim harbaugh​

I dunno if anyone can help me with this link. It's a link that leads to a bunch of media day pictures. I've been able to access premium links like this before, but only after someone logs in and accesses the link with an account. I dunno, someone try it for me. If it doesn't work, no bother and thanks for the help.

michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=698440 :pimp:
pimp.gif
Team Wolverine
Brown-Warren-Stewart Trent-Adams-Sears-Harrison-Englemon-Dutch-Chambers-Williams

laugh.gif
Wiz

You better fav. teams that wear black & Gold. Cuz the Lionel Richie - less Commodores aint doin NOTHIN :lol:
laugh.gif

:wow:
eek.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Swendro & that Pic
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Quote:
Did anyone just hear Mark May say Michigan would finish third in the Pac 10?

>:
mad.gif

I never, ever listen to Mark May. If the camera zooms in on him, I find the Mute button on the remote & turn off closed caption.

Quote:
and ill give weis credit for quinn even though the guy was a freshman and sophmore under ty. but ryan harris was a 4 year starter and would have been drafted without weis help.

Quote:
please tell me what quinn, samardzija, stovall, and fasano did before weis got there..

as you can see.. i said ryan harris got drafted.. but i did not include on my list of players that weis without a doubt helped get drafted.. ryan harris was nfl bound no matter who the coach was...

Quote:
Like I said, Ur definition of Talent on the collegiate level is different from mine. High School Talent doesnt always translate to the next level. correct me when Im off base tho.

obviously.. to me talent that hasn't been given the opportunity to play is still talent.. and I think what you consider talent, i consider proven players..

oh yea, mark may is an idiot...
[color=003300]E[/color][color=255025]q[/color][color=6e8b6e]u[/color][color=92a892]i[/color][color=b7c5b7]p[/color][color=dbe3db]o[/color]TR[color=ffb7b7]I[/color][color=ff9292]c[/color][color=ff6e6e]o[/color][color=ff4949]l[/color][color=ff2525]o[/color][color=ff0000]r[/color]​
T E A M M I D W E S T
Reppin the 260
FLO holdin down Indiana​

Last time we were in Neyland, DOWN GOES FRAZIER
Ya'll should have Fired FAT PHIL, ain't no way ya'll supposed to lose to us in Neyland. Funny part of this is that if I didn't go there, I could probably care less about Vanderbilt and their crappy football team.
272305.jpg

I AIN'T EVEN WIT IT

I'm embarrsed at times to be an ND fan...

as I by association get thrown into the other ND 'fans' who just talk outa their @#%$

9-3, 10-2?

YEAH RIGHT

we're gona be lucky to take 6...

GT is gona whoop our @#%$, we didnt deserve to win that one last year.

PSU is bettter, BC, UCLA, obviously Michigan, USC...

maybe we can take Purdue and MSU, but those are no gurantees

It's gona be a rough year, the future is good though
Code:
 TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS

^ who in the world said we were gonna win 9 or 10 games? i said we'd win 7...
T E A M M I D W E S T
Reppin the 260
FLO holdin down Indiana​

and I actually think Tommy Z, Lambert, etc can do ok this year...

but as usual, no pass rush, so Tommy will be gettin his Roy Williams on...again.
Code:
 TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS

Steve Slaton hit the weights and this is a damn good 1-2 punch.

F298695.jpg
MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

Back
Top Bottom