recession proof..

Certain departments in the video gaming industry are recession-proof.

Consider the developer studios not recession-proof one bit at all.

eNPHAN- gold preserves purchasing power. and it isn't consumed so it doesn't suffer demand destruction. if the civilized world were coming to an end,sure, guns, ammunition, bread, butter would be key. but it's not. if you want to learn about why gold is a great investment and the only way to preserveyour purchasing power in the midst of a federal reserve with $2 trillion of liabilities on its balance sheet ALREADY, feel free to ask me. gold serves apruposes the same way money does. it is a unit of wealth, and a medium of exchange. the fact that gold has no inherent utility is what makes it recession proofidiot.

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I don't know who is hiring but it seems the videogame market is the only market that is recession proof. December sales are up 13% from last year, which is crazy since everyone else is doing horrible.
Video Games is good but its far from recession proof. That and after Holidays, video game companies take hits. If you're a small development company time to say good bye.
[h1]Sony Slash 8,000 Jobs[/h1]
By Luke Plunkett, 3:00 AM on Tue Dec 9 2008, 5,684 views

sonyvan.jpg
What economic crisis? This economic crisis. Sony just announced that 8,000 employees are to be given the *!*%, courtesy of a round of cost-cutting aimed at stemming the worst losses of the economic crisis.

The 8,000 will be let go by March 2010, and all come from the company's electronics division, which has 160,000 workers in total. There's nothing more specific than that at the moment, but if the PlayStation group escaped unscathed we'd be mighty surprised.

What? they used a Arrested development scene?
laugh.gif

Government jobs are the ONLY jobs recession proof, it takes an act from Congress to lay off workers.... I work for the Food & Drug Administration btw butim a part time student. I even got a 72cent pay raise starting Jan 15th. Government jobs are the greatest.

when a fiat currency loses purchasing power, gold shows GREAT resilience in both nominal and real terms. nominal terms because gold's limited in supply andcannot be "created" like fiat currency and in real terms because people will flock to gold when their fiat currency loses value.

central banks own 15% of all the gold ever mined. i doubt theyre going to "dump" it all. in fact, all of them are trying to buy MORE.

gold is the one item that has little utility outside of store of value. EVERYTHING else has a lot of use in industry or consumption or this or that, but golddoesn't. that is why it has inherent monetary utility.

if there's a state of emergency in which there is no monetary order and there is no standard of currency in the entire world, sure, gold would not have anyutility because the dollars or pounds or euros or yen it's measure in in nominal terms would not be used. but that's not hte case, idiot. the worldisn't coming to an end. monetary systems are CONGLOMERATING, not diverging.

when the world comes to an end, i'll be ready with guns and food. i'll have a lot more of it than you because i made a lot more money in gold while youbought consumption-nbased commodities that are going to suffer demand destruciton in real terms.

i was down in atl last week and i went to this spot that had me thinking like damn i want one of these

Planet Smoothie. I think if i could get one of those in my area, folks would be there everyday like its a Dunkin Donus. Ill put it near my gym too.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Well I don't know.... When I start applying for jobs Im gonna ask what their starting pay is, then I'll tell them to I'll work for that -$1.00

some money is better than no money

Can't work for less than minimum wage.

enphan, when the dollar is weak, people do not flock to oil and food and guns. they flock to gold.

when the entire world's governments are collapsing, that's when they flock to oil and food and guns.

supply/demand, my friend. learn a little bit of that before you ever reply again.

money =/= dollar.

money = unit of currency, means of exchange, store of value.
dollar = type of money that is weakening.
gold = type of money that gains when nominal fiat currencies (like dollar) weaken.

Originally Posted by jordanflight510

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Well I don't know.... When I start applying for jobs Im gonna ask what their starting pay is, then I'll tell them to I'll work for that -$1.00

some money is better than no money

Can't work for less than minimum wage.

i understood what he meant...........

lol eNPHAN

i dunno, this lil dude might not be worth going back and forth with lol. son lives for these topics

i have no idea what you just said, might want to run that past an editor real quick.

but here, lemme give you a little recap:

me: gold and government are safe in recessions
you: gold is not safe in recessions
me: you're an idiot
you: you're an idiot, if the world comes to an end no on will use gold
me: no ++!*, btu the world isn't coming to an end and we're talking about safety in this current recession here
you: *not quite a form of english*

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by Lrrr

health care
nah.........even health care.

They always need people but there are in a "hiring freeze"

I don't know where you live, but in Miami there isn't a "hiring freeze".

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

i have no idea what you just said, might want to run that past an editor real quick.

me: gold and government are safe in recessions
you: gold is not safe in recessions
me: you're an idiot
you: you're an idiot, if the world comes to an end no on will use gold
me: no ++!*, btu the world isn't coming to an end and we're talking about safety in this current recession here
you: *not quite a form of english*

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

health care

CT and i know because my girl just got her nursing L.....an lady from the state told her.

gold has a lust because it has little industrial use. thus, it is a perfect candidate for money because people have no real demand for it for anything. whenyou have hyperinflation, the paper currency is printed on suddenly has demand in use for starting fireplaces (eg weimar republic). gold is different, it haslittle value in industry or consumption. which is why humans have a lust for gold. it's not just some random thing everyone agreed on. there is logicbehind it.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

i have no idea what you just said, might want to run that past an editor (i am an editor, btw)real quick.

me: gold and government are safe in recession proof.
you: gold's is not safe in recessions worth is based upon people liking shiny objects
me: i agree with the only point you're making, but you're an idiot
you: idiot?, if the world comes to an end people no longer think gold looks cool, no one will use gold
me: no ++!*, btu the world isn't coming to an end and we're talking about safety in this current recession here salt and anger.
you: *not quite a form of english* english used at a level i cant understand, followed by
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
and various google image search results
fixed that for you, being an editor and all...
roll.gif

lurkin, this is fun for me.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

health care

CT and i know because my girl just got her nursing L.....an lady from the state told her.

Ahhh. Naw, Miami is in desperate need of nurses. Some schools in the state are wanting to lower academic standards to increase the amount of nurses.

If you are in Allied Health i.e. PT, OT, SP, Nursing, there are always people hiring down here.

FDIC is hiring like mad right now...
laugh.gif
tired.gif

They pretty much only want dudes with an MBA and 10-15 years in banking, though...

The insurance industry is relatively stable. Avoid the Life/Health side and look into Property/Casualty companies, though...

eNPHAN, you still make 0 sense. gold is not just a shiny object. there is a reason civilizations throughout history have used it as currency.

obama's going to massively expand infrastructure spending, govt jobs will definitely be there.

insurers are close to insolvency.

Back
Top Bottom