Reebok Iverson Retro Collection: ?, Answer 1 & 4 Out, SAMPLES SAMPLES SAMPLES...

8AD7FF6F-576B-4A14-BB05-6CC5B4ED5CBD.jpeg

I still have my 2013 pair deadstock so I’m likely gonna rock those older ones and put these new retros on ice.

Def will cop down the sale line lol. With the exception of current answer 1 changes (no plastic pieces on the midsole and non translucent dmx 10 bottom pods) these are more faithful colorway wise to to 98 og's than the 2013's. On the 2023's the I3 is gold, the vector on the lacing area all gold stitching and the blue patent used appears to be more darker like the 98 og's.

Beautiful! One of my biggest regrets is getting rid of my OG's. Also, gotta quibble with that Georgetown nickname. Not that anybody remembers besides me, but it was David West and Xavier rocked those in the tournament. :lol:

I remember Xavier wearing them! They even had Iverson talking about it in a Reebok promo VHS tape. “Xavier got the blue ones on and they look so sweet too”.

Baron Davis and some other UCLA guys wore them too.
1678509999974.jpeg

1678510164932.jpeg

Question, I have the 2013 Answer 1’s in black/gold, but I see the recent retro in black/gold going for literally nothing. How is the comfort of the recent retro compared to the 2013 retro? I’m contemplating on getting the 22 retro since it’s so darn cheap on GOAT. The 2013 retro doesn’t have any DMX or some sort of tech underneath the foot. The leather is extremely nice, though.

Question, I have the 2013 Answer 1’s in black/gold, but I see the recent retro in black/gold going for literally nothing. How is the comfort of the recent retro compared to the 2013 retro? I’m contemplating on getting the 22 retro since it’s so darn cheap on GOAT. The 2013 retro doesn’t have any DMX or some sort of tech underneath the foot. The leather is extremely nice, though.
They're cheap because nobody wants them. The quality on them is great in my opinion especially compared to other brands. I think the recent Answer 1s are pretty comfortable but I honestly don't remember how the older releases feel.

I’m currently wearing the 2013 retro in my weekly rotation. There is no difference in the 2013 or current release. The 2013 model was much more comfortable because they used the OG thick insoles. Those insoles are now 10 years old and have zero rebound in them and likely fall apart. I say go for the newest model for saving money but go for the 2013 model in you want something closer to the OG in looks/material.

I'm quite underwhelmed with the recent retro Answer 1 to be honest. leather is cheapish and paint job(gold on the midsole) is shallow AF. they could have treated it with slightly better leather and painting imo. cushion is the typical I-Pak. it's ok but not the best. I would prefer the Question Mid Black/Gold in terms of aesthetics.

I don’t even remember G-town wearing these back then or am I tripping?

The Hoyas never wore Reebok, period. Their contract has been with Nike since the '90s for sure. I believe they had Nike since the '80s if I'm not mistaken. Then they transitioned to Jordan Brand in the 2010s I believe.

Back
Top Bottom