@@@ REEBOK @@@ SHAQ ATTACKS @@@

It's funny I actually just got mine in today. I gotta get around to post some pix.
IMO material wise the tokens are nicer, but color scheme I like the backboards better.

yes !!!! i finally got a mail with shipping info for my neon attaqs
pimp.gif

Neon's in finally. As before great materials and quality. Some comparison pics for ya'll...

Great pics DC30, just noticed that on the OG colourway the black nubuck overlay perfectly matches with black area on the midsole but on the Retro+ it looks like the overlay is bigger and overlaps. Are your pairs the same size?

vood99 vood99
Thanks bro! Yes I just noticed now that you pointed it out. I usually overlook that stuff to but from far away like that you can kinda tell, but yes they are both size 8. All my Attaq's seem to fit exactly the same.

Time for the big loughs, I think Reebok are losing their mind and probably think they are Nike/JB, that is the boldest price jump I have seen in a long time. $20 more for the White/Black pair of lV's is just mind blowing, especially when we consider that the Black pair looks better and it was always more popular. I say they can keep them, waiting for the below $60 days.

http://www.reebok.com/us/shaq-attaq-iv/M41973.html

Yea looked on eastbay and had to laugh

Like what made them decide to tack 20 bucks on a shoe that already struggling to sell

I am telling you man, this is just a pure madness there. They cant sale them for under $60, now they jumped it with $20, like someone is really trying to bring that company to the ground again. 

'Leather' on that White/Black pair looks to be the same garbage they run on Nike retro product. Only saving grace is that Reebok shoes at least have a plush sockliner to compensate for the stiffness and rigidity of that horrid plastic @!.

Couple of scenarios come to play regarding the price increase:
1) They are over-inflating the MSRP on their product so that the (possibly clueless) buyers for Reebok think that the brand has very high profit margins.
2) They are borrowing a page from the Nike playbook and jacking up the MSRP so fools think that $150-$160 for shoe that has a MSRP of $200 is a steal.
3) Someone or a group of people are intentionally sabotaging Reebok Classics.

4) it's a EXTREMELY limited release

Thinking about it though....DOES IT MATTER WHAT THE MSRP IS WHEN MOST ARE GOING TO WAIT FOR THE "DEEP" DISCOUNT ANYWAY? It could be $300 and it would be the same as $160. The wait would just be a little longer for. Ahh **** it

Last edited:

Thinking about it though....DOES IT MATTER WHAT THE MSRP IS WHEN MOST ARE GOING TO WAIT FOR THE "DEEP" DISCOUNT ANYWAY? It could be $300 and it would be the same as $160. The wait would just be a little longer for. Ahh **** it

I highly doubt that it's limited - maybe fewer quantities than the first OG colourway but the price is still bananas.

'Leather' on that White/Black pair looks to be the same garbage they run on Nike retro product. Only saving grace is that Reebok shoes at least have a plush sockliner to compensate for the stiffness and rigidity of that horrid plastic @&#!.

Couple of scenarios come to play regarding the price increase:
1) They are over-inflating the MSRP on their product so that the (possibly clueless) buyers for Reebok think that the brand has very high profit margins.
2) They are borrowing a page from the Nike playbook and jacking up the MSRP so fools think that $150-$160 for shoe that has a MSRP of $200 is a steal.
3) Someone or a group of people are intentionally sabotaging Reebok Classics.
All those points are very valid and probably true. Oh and the leather is very synthetic, same stuff they use in the Blast, Kamikaze l and ll. 
Nope, no limited at all, if this pair is on EastBay, that automatically speaks about not limited at all. Limited was the Shattered Backboards. 

Last edited:
^Just about to say the same thing. If they were only on Reebok.com, then it would be a limited release. Since eastbay has em, and seems most other sites don't, these are more of a controlled release. Now we all sit and wait with our poker faces, waiting for them to be discounted and available for coupon use, then they'll move little by little. I'm also thinking since adidas runs the show here, hopefully that price is the same mistake they made when the D Rose boost 5's came out at $159, then they were corrected to $139. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

I don't think they're making any money off Shaqs really. We know they're paying him to be on board. Question is are they even breaking even with sales after the price reductions? Do they have to keep putting out more colorways with collabs of both Shaq Attaqs to get out of the red? Would be nice to know. I wonder about this when it comes to Fila but at least they are not paying any player

I don't think they're making any money off Shaqs really. We know they're paying him to be on board. Question is are they even breaking even with sales after the price reductions? Do they have to keep putting out more colorways with collabs of both Shaq Attaqs to get out of the red? Would be nice to know. I wonder about this when it comes to Fila but at least they are not paying any player

This is a damned good question and it would be great to have feedback from any of their employees. I do know that the manufacturing cost for most of these joints is in the single or low double digits - but when you factor in freight, etc... it could possibly get up to $20-$30. Throw in marketing and endorsement costs and that cost just gets higher.

It's such a shame though, Nike/JB with their low quality, overpriced plastic junk can move product at $200+ while better product languishes till it hits the $30 mark.

Last edited:
They're not making any money. Azures, Token 38's, even the Shattered Backboard's did well. Black Azures, Brick City, and LSU's did fair, but they are still around for the low. Even seen em at msrp on some sites. But unlike Nike/JB, Reebok doesn't have the luxury to roll dice and accept profit losses.

Back
Top Bottom