@@@ REEBOK @@@ SHAQ ATTACKS @@@

after looking back this model is a one hit wonder

every release after the og is just a no cop for me

@vood99 many think that the overall cost to make shoes are in the single digits like you said, but they don't factor in all the other costs. These companies have staff and can't look to sell name brand products at a low end price.

Shoulda just kept releasing the white azures over and over again lol

tumblr_lvevwbEbqr1qdlkgg.gif

@vood99 many think that the overall cost to make shoes are in the single digits like you said, but they don't factor in all the other costs. These companies have staff and can't look to sell name brand products at a low end price.

Yes agreed brother, that's why I put the actual cost at about $25-$40 a pop. FILA is at the lower end of the scale because their MSRP is much lower than Nike/JB.

Part of the reason we're seeing all these clown retro+ colours being churned out is because Reebok & FILA have to recuperate the factory tooling costs - and this can take forever when your product is languishing till the $30-$50 price point.

I'm not a retailer but I would have to assume that the people taking a hit are retailers. Like footlocker and other big companies pay for the shoes up front so nike JB get paid if shoes go onsale its on them not the brand. I May be wrong though

I'm not a retailer but I would have to assume that the people taking a hit are retailers. Like footlocker and other big companies pay for the shoes up front so nike JB get paid if shoes go onsale its on them not the brand. I May be wrong though

You are right on this, and eventually the retailer stops placing orders on the aforementioned product. FILA has discontinued the 'Heritage' line in Canada and Reebok has scaled back immensely with their 'Classics'.

Last edited:
You are right on this, and eventually the retailer stops placing orders on the aforementioned product. FILA has discontinued the 'Heritage' line in Canada and Reebok has scaled back immensely with their 'Classics'.

Same in Australia, where there was next to no Heritage product already. Over here, Reebok Classic product is essentially just at boutiques. FL carry occasional Pumps and Questions, and did have some Kamikazes and Blasts over the last 12 months. But they pretty much all end up on the sale rack.

It is retailers who take the biggest hit on all of this, but they get covered elsewhere if they're carrying JB product...

Lol not much lower. I paid $45 taxes included with my discount during the end of season sale. That's a decent price

Imagine 34.99 plus 20 dollar winners circle reward plus in store pick up

For some it can get much better

Back
Top Bottom