Remembering Chappelle's Show

The funniest thing about this show is how much ahead it was ahead of the rest of the comedy shows in the brief time it existed.

The funniest thing about this show is how much ahead it was ahead of the rest of the comedy shows in the brief time it existed.

To this day, there hasn't been a show that I watched more religiously than the Chappelle Show. Damn Comedy Central for trying to mainstream him and disrupt his creative flow...

To this day, there hasn't been a show that I watched more religiously than the Chappelle Show. Damn Comedy Central for trying to mainstream him and disrupt his creative flow...

Funniest skit of all time was Black Bush
laugh.gif
"We got that yellow cake from Africa"

Runner up is Rick James just because of the cultural phenomenon it became. Everyone and their mother has said "I'm Rick James b_" at least once after that episode
laugh.gif
. Used to have wild convos and discussions back in college the night after his show aired
frown.gif

Funniest skit of all time was Black Bush
laugh.gif
"We got that yellow cake from Africa"

Runner up is Rick James just because of the cultural phenomenon it became. Everyone and their mother has said "I'm Rick James b_" at least once after that episode
laugh.gif
. Used to have wild convos and discussions back in college the night after his show aired
frown.gif

It may not have been the best comedy sketch ever, but it did push the envelope in ways never before seen.

It may not have been the best comedy sketch ever, but it did push the envelope in ways never before seen.

My Top 10

1.       Rick James

2.       Trial Episodes

3.       Wayne Brady

4.       KKK

5.       R. Kelly

6.       *****r Family

7.       FiF

8.       Racial Draft

9.       Prince

10.   Making the Band

My Top 10

1.       Rick James

2.       Trial Episodes

3.       Wayne Brady

4.       KKK

5.       R. Kelly

6.       *****r Family

7.       FiF

8.       Racial Draft

9.       Prince

10.   Making the Band

Originally Posted by luxurious24

2.       Trial Episodes

what season/ episode is this from?.. this is on my top 5 
pimp.gif
... dude was like a funny/OD version of Omar (The Wire) on that stand 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by luxurious24

2.       Trial Episodes

what season/ episode is this from?.. this is on my top 5 
pimp.gif
... dude was like a funny/OD version of Omar (The Wire) on that stand 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

one of my favortie shows off all time....just some seriou classic stuff that will have you dying when you remeber it......

I met dave at supreme nyc like 3 years ago....the guy was higher than little wayne...he bought like 12 skateboards....i was the with my friend and we are looking and knowtice it is dave and then i went up to him while he was paying and all i could think of saying was "**%K YO COUCH"

one of my favortie shows off all time....just some seriou classic stuff that will have you dying when you remeber it......

I met dave at supreme nyc like 3 years ago....the guy was higher than little wayne...he bought like 12 skateboards....i was the with my friend and we are looking and knowtice it is dave and then i went up to him while he was paying and all i could think of saying was "**%K YO COUCH"

One of my favs has to be black bush so many quoteables

Reporter-"What about the ppl sayin your only intrested in the Middle East for its oil?"
Black Bush-"What?.....huh oil?.....who said sothimg about oil $#!#@ you cookin?" looks around baffeled then knocks over the water and dips
roll.gif

also "THE N____ TRIED TO KILL MAH FATHER"
roll.gif
roll.gif

Chappelle show will always be a classic in my book
pimp.gif

One of my favs has to be black bush so many quoteables

Reporter-"What about the ppl sayin your only intrested in the Middle East for its oil?"
Black Bush-"What?.....huh oil?.....who said sothimg about oil $#!#@ you cookin?" looks around baffeled then knocks over the water and dips
roll.gif

also "THE N____ TRIED TO KILL MAH FATHER"
roll.gif
roll.gif

Chappelle show will always be a classic in my book
pimp.gif

''The greatest sketch comedy show of all time''... 

Reading is fundamental, buddy. I said ARGUABLY the greatest of all time. Obviously In Living Color, SNL, and other sketch comedy shows are up there as well but I think what makes this show special above those is that there never really was a filler episode. They were all amazing. And he went out on top, which is something that shows like Mad TV didn't quite do.

Back
Top Bottom